Older Soxfest Threads

southsider2k5

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. I got some good autographs and got to talk to a few of the players. Also, it's fun meeting people from the boards and watching them "verbally attack" Kenny Williams. ;) (Do a search for last year's thread about Steff)

It's also a great place to pick up Sox merchandise.

I see when it is, but what is it all about? Is it worth attending? :snow

Soxfest is a 3 day weekend event held at the Hyatt in Chicago. They have plenty of stuff going on, such as player autograph sessions, skills clinics, memorablia sales, and some fun events at the hotel. It is also an awesome social event to meet up with old friends and make some new ones. Many people meet and hang out at the Hyatts bar, where many players and coaches go after the show.

It is an all around great time.

It's a WONDERFUL experience, where die-hard Sox fans gather, dress as their favorite Sox personalities from years past, such as Stan Bahnsen, Terry Bevington or John Allyn, exchange secret handshakes, distribute their "Ozzie-to-English" dictionaries, play trivia games about all-time Sox greats like Scott Fletcher, Ed Herrmann and Lyle Mouton, berate current Sox management at the Q&A sessions, and drink away the subsequent depression.

...ENJOY... :D ;)

Well that saves me a bunch of time...I was going back 3 pages at a time from the beginning of time...I was in May of 2003... :bang

First, switch your time settings at the bottom to "the beginning". The click the "pages" part at the top to a random number, a lot lower than where you were. I just looked for the end of January 2004, and then started looking at the titles on each page

BTW here is the bigger Soxfest thread.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14495

Ok guys, soxfest coming up less than 30 days from now. We need tough questions for the guys in charge. What do we ask? Here are some Ideas.

Kenny:

1 How much truth to Carlos Lee Being a distraction, and a bad team mate?* Did that play a part in the trade? *(according to the Daily south town)

2 Was Keith Ginter ever a part of the trade for Carlos?

3 What REALLY happened to Kelly Wunsch? :fyou

4 Is Carl Everett really going to be a 4 million 4th outfielder?

5 Can't that 4 million be used for a 5th starter?

6 Would you consider signing A.J. Pierzinski. yes or no? Please explain.

7 Would you have signed Dustin Hermanson if you knew you were getting vizciano?

Ozzie:

1 How many subs did you outsell Dusty by? Did they give you the stats? :fthecubs