Older Soxfest Threads

southsider2k5

I know this great little place called the manhole...

In all seriousness, we all meet at the bar just about every night.  If someone has an idea for a gathering for others, I am open to ideas.

Sounds good.

For all of those interested, lets make sure to keep in touch as Soxfest nears.

Happy hollidays folks!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good.

For all of those interested, lets make sure to keep in touch as Soxfest nears.

Happy hollidays folks!

This thread will stay up until then, and there will plenty of info.... Out of curiousity, a goofy idea that could be kinda cool, is having some kind of picnicish meeting somewhere. Maybe on the level above the fest next to where the garage sale is?

This thread will stay up until then, and there will plenty of info.... Out of curiousity, a goofy idea that could be kinda cool, is having some kind of picnicish meeting somewhere.  Maybe on the level above the fest next to where the garage sale is?

As long as everyone is still going to wander around the bar Saturday night, sounds good to me.

Only problem might be coordinating a time where everyone isn't either waiting for autographs or in a Q&A.

This thread will stay up until then, and there will plenty of info.... Out of curiousity, a goofy idea that could be kinda cool, is having some kind of picnicish meeting somewhere.  Maybe on the level above the fest next to where the garage sale is?

Cool idea, obviously there are some of us who aren't old enough to get in the bar so besides you guys having a gathering there, it would be nice to have one in another place too.

As long as everyone is still going to wander around the bar Saturday night, sounds good to me.

Only problem might be coordinating a time where everyone isn't either waiting for autographs or in a Q&A.

Well being the hoarder that I am, I saved my schedule from last year. It looks like the last autographs on Saturday start at 3:30, but things are still going on until about 5. What about 4pm? It is the end of the day, and it won't interfere with too much stuff. I'd be curious to here if there is serious interest, especially in the

Thanks for the merging, SS2k4.

For some reason my search feature doesn't work all of the time and I didn't feel like scrolling through every page to find each thread.

Mine gets spotty at times too. I think the sheer volume of posters and posts is slowing it down. Hopefully the upgrade will help that.

Well being the hoarder that I am, I saved my schedule from last year.  It looks like the last autographs on Saturday start at 3:30, but things are still going on until about 5.  What about 4pm?  It is the end of the day, and it won't interfere with too much stuff.  I'd be curious to here if there is serious interest, especially in the

Bumping this thread for those who might have missed it over Christmas. Is there any interesting from the

What about the ones who want to meet the adults and drink club soda?

Club soda... :rolly

Anyways -- Brian, I still haven't gotten my January schedule yet, so like I said, I'll probably be arriving sometime around Saturday afternoon.

One more thing -- aside from the money for the Soxfest passes/hotel rooms, how much money do you think one should bring? I don't think I'll be buying a lot of memorabilia (unless I see something that really catches my eye), just for food and stuff like that -- how much money do you think one should bring?

I must have missed all the Soxfest threads around here.

Anyway, I'll be there all weekend.

One question though. When I ordered my weekend package they gave me a price higher than what was posted on the Sox website. They told me it was because I had four people in one room and the price given is based on two people in the room. Does that make one bit of sense to anyone??? The past two years I've had 4 people and had no problems. I thought that was the whole point of getting 4 passes each day?!?

I might have to argue with them when I check-in...

I've met a few of you so you can look for me at the bar on Friday and Saturday night or at one of the Q&A sessions. If I could find the shirt pictured in my avatar I would wear it. That would make me pretty identifiable...

A couple of comments about parking for the fest...

Go ahead and pay the extra money for the valet parking at the hotel. It's worth it because it's so hassle-free. You drive right up to the front door, go straight into the hotel with all your stuff and let somebody else worry about the parking. Then if you find you've forgotten something in your car (I've done this a couple of times) or whatever, it's easy for them to bring it around again instead of having to walk a few blocks in the freezing cold.

On Sunday you can pack up most of your stuff, put it in your car, check-out and then head down and enjoy the rest of the fest. IIRC, the fest ends after check-out time.

Just my opinion...

A couple of comments about parking for the fest...

Go ahead and pay the extra money for the valet parking at the hotel. It's worth it because it's so hassle-free. You drive right up to the front door, go straight into the hotel with all your stuff and let somebody else worry about the parking. Then if you find you've forgotten something in your car (I've done this a couple of times) or whatever, it's easy for them to bring it around again instead of having to walk a few blocks in the freezing cold.

On Sunday you can pack up most of your stuff, put it in your car, check-out and then head down and enjoy the rest of the fest. IIRC, the fest ends after check-out time.

Just my opinion...

or you could just ride a train in and not pay to park ;)