Weird off-days

JUGGERNAUT

Cooper's comments seem to suggest they are going to maximize the off days to skip starts for El Duque.

APR: FG, off, MB, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, off, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, off, JC, JG.

FG - 5, MB - 5, OH -4, JC - 5, JG - 5

MAY: FG, off, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, off,

JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG.

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH -5, JC - 6, JG - 6

JUN: FG, off, MB, JC, JG, FG, OH, MB, off, JC, FG, JG, MB, OH, JC, off,

FG, MB, JG, JC, FG, OH, off, MB, JC, FG, off, JG, MB, JC

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH - 3, JC - 6, JG - 4

JUL: FG, OH, JG, MB, JC, FG, off, JG, MB, FG, All-Star, Break, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG,

MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, off, MB, FG, JG

FG - 7, MB - 6, OH - 4, JC - 4, JG - 5

AUG: JC, OH, MB, FG, JG, JC, OH, MB, FG, JG, off, JC, MB, FG, JG, OH, JC, off,

MB, FG, JG, off, JC, MB, FG, OH, JG, JC, MB, FG, OH

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH - 5, JC - 6, JG - 5

SEP: JG, JC, MB, FG, off, JG, JC, MB, FG, OH, JG, off, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH - 5 , JC - 6, JG - 7

FG - 5, MB - 5, OH - 4, JC - 5, JG - 5

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH - 5, JC - 6, JG - 6

FG - 7, MB - 6, OH - 4, JC - 4, JG - 5

Tot: FG - 36, MB - 35, OH - 26, JC - 33, JG - 32

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Buehrle is hands-down the number one pitcher on this team.  No knock against Garcia, but Buehrle's our ace...

Agreed...I'm curious to see how the rest of the rotation is filled out though. Is El Duque really going to be the #3 as KW said, or are we moving him down. I want to hear what Oz has to say on this.

I'm going by what Cooper said in the Southtown today. He indicated they want to give Hernandez the smallest workload in the rotation. That doesn't mean he's a #5. They still want to try & match him up with 3's as best they can. But they will put rest as a higher priority than the matchup.

Cooper also said Garcia will likely get opening day because of his numbers against the Tribe. It's interesting how it works out if they were to follow this rotation, because after the all-star break Mark takes over the lead on the rotation.

Assuming a post-season, Mark would pitch the 1st game.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
I'm going by what Cooper said in the Southtown today.  He indicated they want to give Hernandez the smallest workload in the rotation.  That doesn't mean he's a #5.  They still want to try & match him up with 3's as best they can.  But they will put rest as a higher priority than the matchup.

Cooper also said Garcia will likely get opening day because of his numbers against the Tribe.  It's interesting how it works out if they were to follow this rotation, because after the all-star break Mark takes over the lead on the rotation.

Assuming a post-season, Mark would pitch the 1st game.

Of course Cooper is totally right.

I mean who should get the most workload, the 24 year old innings eater or the however old injury prone veteran. This is the best way to do it.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 08:34 PM)
Cooper's comments seem to suggest they are going to maximize the off days to skip starts for El Duque. 

APR: FG, off, MB, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, off, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, JC, JG, OH, FG, MB, off, JC, JG.                                 

FG - 5, MB - 5, OH -4, JC - 5, JG - 5

MAY: FG, off, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, off,

JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG, FG, MB, OH, JC, JG.

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH -5,  JC - 6, JG - 6

JUN: FG, off, MB, JC, JG, FG, OH, MB, off, JC, FG, JG, MB, OH, JC, off,

FG, MB, JG, JC, FG, OH, off, MB, JC, FG, off, JG, MB, JC

JUL: FG, OH, JG, MB, JC, FG, off, JG, MB, FG, All-Star, Break, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG,

MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, off, MB, FG, JG

FG - 7, MB - 6, OH - 4,  JC - 4, JG - 5

AUG: JC, OH, MB, FG, JG, JC, OH, MB, FG, JG, off, JC, MB, FG, JG, OH, JC, off,

MB, FG, JG, off,  JC, MB, FG, OH, JG, JC, MB, FG, OH

SEP: JG, JC, MB, FG, off, JG, JC, MB, FG, OH, JG, off, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG, MB, FG, OH, JC, JG

FG - 5, MB - 5, OH - 4,  JC - 5, JG - 5

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH - 5,  JC - 6, JG - 6

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH - 3,  JC - 6, JG - 4

FG - 7, MB - 6, OH - 4,  JC - 4, JG - 5

FG - 6, MB - 6, OH - 5,  JC - 6, JG - 5

Tot: FG - 36, MB - 35, OH - 26, JC - 33,  JG - 32

wow... that must have taken for freaking ever... are you insane? just wondering...

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jan 12, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
It's easy to do this stuff with spreadsheets.  I prioritize the off-days to give MB & FG the maximum number of starts.  I have a VB macro that does all this for me.

Then I just have to type it up here.

i wish i knew how this whole technology thing worked... dang... im kinda incapable w/ computers and thats sad seeing as how I'm 18... i should know these things

i guess we should go by spring training to see who the number one will be...cuz both are deserving and capable of being number one on this team...i hope it's Buehrle...cuz if i remember right didn't he pitch a complete game shutout where the Sox won by like 14 or something....AT CLEVELAND. I think he deserves the season starter against Cleveland.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
Respect, and i think he has more than earned it.

Sure he (Buehrle, I assume) has, but I don't think it will be the deciding factor. I think they'll look at the schedule and at matchups to make that decision. If Mark has no problem with starting game 2 and it's in the best interest of the team, that's really what should matter.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
There will be 4 righties in a row regardless of how the rotation starts.

not to mention that every other series the sox play the opposing team will see nothing but righties.....that isn't good....but it shouldn't be to the point where it poses a problem for the Sox....other teams have the same makeup to their rotations...and a lot of those teams have worse rotations....