Iguchi News

Southside hitmen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why, but I have a feeling that this deal is done.

A saw a Mariners site that said we offered a 2 year 2 mil deal, but that Iguchi was looking for around $3mil (this was posted on the 8th).

Just seems to much coincidence:

1) Brooks Boyer talking about Iguchi to fans buying tickets.

2) The start of Sox fest.

3) Oz going after Willie.

4) Reports from the radio we have offered 3 years at 3 mil, right in the range that it would take.

Also here is an interesting site about Iguchi from when the Mets were considering him or Matsui.

Iguchi

Well, all the buzz has been for Kaz Matsui, but Iguchi might have the higher upside.

If the Mets can get Iguchi, they have a guy who might give them a Marcus Giles-lite performance at the major league level

I'm reallly getting my hopes up. I'd be happy if he could just be counted on to bunt pods to 3rd after he steals 2nd.

This whole offseason everything coming from the Sox has been negative about Harris.

If you have plans for a player, you do not destroy their confidence and bad mouth them, especially if they are young.

It generally means that they are looking for a change.

::Shrugs::

I do not agree that we should throw in the towel so fast on Harris, but I think that is what the Sox believe.

SB

while ill be happy if we sign Iguchi i really am going to miss Willie.... i really really wanted him to get that starting 2B job last year and Uribe to take Valentin's at SS but Uribe seemed to steal more time away from Willie... I just think that with another year more pressure to steal a good 1B coach Willie could get 30-40 SB's and in the 9 spot thats uber but i guess getting Iguchi putting him in the 2 hole and moving Rowand to around 6ish would make our lineup better.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Was reading on WSI as well as heard from a few friends that were standing in line this morning for tickets that Brooks Boyer said he wishes that the Sox would introduce Iguchi tonight at the opening cermonies.. Now is he giving us a hint that the Sox are about to sign him.

He also talk about Iguchi with Bruce Wolf

Don't know what the hard on for this guy is. Who else wants him? If he's sooo good? I 'm the Yanks need a second baseman and haven't even been Mentioned to e after him :huh