Iguchi News

Southside hitmen

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Measure transfer was desired, Daiei Inc. the Inokuchi resources benevolence infielder which retreating/quitting group is done (30) on the 15th, visited America strictly confidential in freedom contract. The Richard moth person of the representative (70) with negotiation circumstance is verified at the locale, the schedule which contacts with the lead socks authorized personnel who is increasing the self-introduction to ヤンキース and the acquisition which are Inokuchi transfer desired club. From the Daiei Inc. retreating/quitting group statement approximately 1 month half. It directed to measure transfer, the vicinity of Inokuchi more and more became busy.

To measure transfer, Inokuchi moved secretly. This day morning, as for fly away to the United States from Tokyo, is in order to be born the measure league member "IGUCHI" who, is not other things. The schedule which stays in Tokyo the urgent sewer was modified to this week end, the sea was crossed.

Being strictly confidential, there is also a sufficient reason which visits America. As for in the origin of the moth person of the representative, offer having reached so far formally just the lead socks. Also the white socks interest had been shown, but the Inokuchi side has cut off. Coming here, is informal, but ヤンキース which is made Inokuchi idea directing to acquisition, with the pattern which starts moving, it is the big reason to which that makes passage Inokuchi strictly confidential.

Now off, the ヤ troop the トニー ウォーマック infielder which FA is done (35) reinforces from カージナルス. It was thought that effect is produced on the Inokuchi ヤンキース entering, but whether ウォーマック 35 years old you call there is also an age, can overcome 1 season the question mark is attached. If Inokuchi is acquired, because it can prepare combined use plan, as for betting stop on Inokuchi investigation of below water you say that it was not. Also Inokuchi at the beginning the transfer deciding beforehand fixed case was one condition, sealing "regular position guaranty". "Position those which you grasp by your own power" and, has set the determination which gains the seat of the correct second base hand with capability.

As for the latest American stay it may be 4 days, being it is the schedule which contacts with the authorized personnel of the ヤ troop and the レ troop. The moth person and after verifying negotiation circumstance, it means ahead transferring to start the squeezing job of the team in earnest.

Okinawa doing to enter in late November, in just Inokuchi which continues training, there is also a possibility of releasing practice to 2 clubs. "Most we would like to go to the team which is appraised", the Inokuchi measure transfer which says, finally entered into last stage.

http://www.nikkansports.com/ns/baseball/ml...41216-0008.html

sounds like the lead socks are hte Red Sox, anyway even through translation, I ahve no clue whats happening here. I think it said he is coming here for four days. The white sox were interested but the Japanese side cut off negotiations. Looks like he is coming to see the red sox. is that what you got out of it?

One important note is Ichui's "one condition" of a guaranteed position.

Although Red Sox may have a higher offer, Belhorn is their starting 2B. Iguchi would start w/ White Sox.

EDIT: Majority of this article may not concern Tadahito Iguchi. Although I assumed "Inokuchi" was Iguchi, 35 yrs old is listed as the age of the player in the article. Iguchi is 30. Maybe the translation is wrong. :huh

QUOTE(quickman @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
I don't think the Sox got Cora. Right? right. The sox continue to try to find a 2nd baseman despite all the willie Harris fans around here. He is obviously not wanted on this team. We may end up being stuck with him, but sox brass appears to not like him. i will take there word over any stats you can produce. I will tkae my own eyes watching every game, over the fantasy of teenagers who think he is great. There is something that is not right with this guy. If he were to have a huge upside I don't think the sox would be looking at all ends of the earth to replace him. Nuff said

Where did I say the Sox got Cora?

I'm saying that you were one who wanted to go after him.

And yes, Iguchi is an upgrade over Harris. I don't know what the hell we're even arguing, other than the point that you think he's horse s***, while I think he's alright -- nothing great, just alright.

That translation sounds like quickman after a few Pabst Blue Ribbons ... there is some sense in there somewhere ... but you really have to look hard to find it.

:D

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
Where did I say the Sox got Cora?

I'm saying that you were one who wanted to go after him.

And yes, Iguchi is an upgrade over Harris.  I don't know what the hell we're even arguing, other than the point that you think he's horse s***, while I think he's alright -- nothing great, just alright.

if I gave you the impression that I am argueing with you, I apologize. I am not argueing with you. This is a complete disagreement on willie harris. I think jsut being alright is not good enough. I do think Cora would be better,but that is actually beside the point. I think alot of players would be better.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 17, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
One important note is Ichui's "one condition" of a guaranteed position.

Although Red Sox may have a higher offer, Belhorn is their starting 2B. Iguchi would start w/ White Sox.

EDIT: Majority of this article may not concern Tadahito Iguchi.  Although I assumed "Inokuchi" was Iguchi, 35 yrs old is listed as the age of the player in the article.  Iguchi is 30. Maybe the translation is wrong.  :huh

Let's hope the Red Sox are not preparing to offer Iguchi the starting job! :headshake

Interesting article I found on WSI...but originated on a Cards page...Take it for what its worth though.... http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NA...s_stl&fext=.jsp

Soon after the season ended, Ray King participated in MLB's All-Star tour of Japan, and he came away impressed with some of the opponents he faced.

"They've got a couple guys who could come over and do what Ichiro is doing in the game, if not better," King said. "We saw a little center fielder, we knew this guy was gonna bunt and we couldn't get him out. He'd get on first and we'd pitch out, did everything, and the guy still stole. I think there will be a lot more guys coming over from the Japanese league to the U.S. to play baseball."

King was less impressed with second baseman Tadahito Iguchi, who may come to the states this year. He suggested that while Iguchi may have success eventually, the second baseman could endure a significant adjustment period due to the greater velocity of many American pitchers' fastballs.

Traslating Juggers fresh link --

The local paper opinion the negotiation of Inokuchi and the W socks which divide

By Kyodo News Service

Inokuchi which is picked up to the Chicago local paper.You can infer the height of interest of the fan and the media.(Photograph offer Kyodo News Service)

The Inokuchi resources benevolence infielder which aims toward the American major league entering (30) name, was recorded before the Chicago each paper dated 16th. Because the ケン Williams general manager of the white socks (GM) you spoke on the 15th concerning negotiation.

GM which is questioned negotiation progress from the press corps "now, many times have not been spared (in Inokuchi acquisition). Therefore with saying, it is not the case that ", already it ended, you said.

Interpretation divided delicately. Previous season it did not rub the Chicago tribune paper, and the ウィリー Harris infielder which is first participating (26) conveyed candidacy of the correct second base hand. GM "good player. The word that you can do probably will be long with measure ", is supporting. As for the Chicago sun times paper, sign of concession is dear in club, "before the camping, about one more, good thing should have occurred, but..." with it introduced also the speech of GM which is said.

Inokuchi side メッツ "3 years, 20000000 dollars (approximately 2060000000 Yen)" of Matsui 稼 which enters with seems that requests the same appraisal, but club presentation is said "2 years, 4000000 dollars (approximately 412000000 Yen)" with. (The New York cooperation)

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

This is old news, but it just goes to show that nobody has any idea what's going on.

MLB.com Scott Merkin article

News from the Far East: Although the White Sox continue to show interest in adding Japanese All-Star second baseman Tadahito Iguchi, Williams sounded as if the move was far from imminent during a talk with the media on Saturday afternoon. According to the Sox GM, the next step could be up to the Japanese standout and his agent, Richard Moss.

"I'm not spending very much time on it right now," said Williams of Iguchi. "That's not to say ultimately that's one of the things we end up doing."

Williams actually could have returned to stealth mode where Iguchi is concerned. Just 15 or 20 minutes earlier, Williams told a capacity crowd of interested fans that the best approach to making big moves is a quiet approach.

"Whenever you are talking about potential acquisitions, it's best to lay low to keep it out of the public eye and the media," Williams told the crowd. "If you let things out and discuss them openly, then you never accomplish what you want to accomplish. Case in point: Omar Vizquel.

"I would prefer to sit here and let you people think I'm sitting on a couch doing nothing all offseason and get things done, rather than put this stuff out in the open," Williams added.

From juggers link, a portion of the same article, translated into Japanese, and then back to Engrish.

White socks GM, as for Inokuchi acquisition "coming out Katazi of representative"

By Scott Merkin/MLB.com

Inokuchi where transfer negotiation does not advance easily.(Photograph offer Kyodo News Service)

As for ケン Williams GM of the Chicago white socks, when negotiation with the Inokuchi resources benevolence infielder which aims toward measure transfer presently is continued unless it is the case that something happens directly concerning the case which is conveyed to preceding day, the nail was stuck.

As for same GM of, like whether soon there is the movement concerning Inokuchi acquisition whether or not it advances to the following step vis-a-vis being announced, when coming out Katazi of the Richard moth person of Inokuchi and the representative is, comment. "At present time is not to spend many times and, finally to acquire (it means Inokuchi) also you do not say", you said.

Concerning Inokuchi, that New York ヤンキース and the Boston lead socks which have shown interest in a time acquisition already withdrew from competition it is conveyed, Inokuchi desires the play of measure, if is, the sum total 400 - 5000000 dollars which the white socks present (approximately 410000000 - 510000000 Yen) only accept 2 year contract the road has come out unless it is, the viewpoint.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

I think KW is doing the right thing. He's playing hardball with Iguchi because there are no other suitors. There is no such thing as Boston or NY flying under the radar. That's simply not possible. If either team was hot on the heels for Igs there would be someone writing about it.

If the 10M/3yr deal is legit then it makes sense for KW to continue to discuss the 4M/2yr in public so the CWS don't bid against themselves. I think we can assume that Igs will accept more $ to play for the CWS than to play in Japan. It's just a question of what that final figure turns out to be.

I think the biggest news on this is that no one is writing about the CWS

trading for a 2B or SS or even UIF any more. Right now Graff's name is the only one I've read about & that makes perfect sense. The CWS need a UIF to fill out the roster.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Is anyone else worried that he could be the next Tyoshi Shinjo or So Taguchi.  Even Kaz Matsui has struggled.

I don't think Shinjo or Taguchi had high expectations, Shinjo got a lot of press because he was in NY and he was flashy. However, Matsui was a dissapointment in his first year (although injuries didn't help)

They didn't play on a team w Frank Thomas nor at the Cell. I think both in this case would help Igs greatly.

I took another look at Harris' gamelogs & he really isn't a cancer.

R/RBI gms/mo vs ABs/mo

Apr 8/71, May 9/73, Jun 11/66, Jul 9/48, Aug 7/66, Sep 13/85 Tot: 57/409

OBP

Apr 299, May 439, Jun 316, Jul 333, Aug 347, Sep 291, Oct 651

Castillo had 84/564. At 564 ab's Willie projects to 79 gms.

Their splits are interesting as well:

Harris 04: vs LH 72ab/181A/224O/264S, vs RH 337ab/279A/366O/335S

Castillo 04: vs LH 143ab/308A/369O/448S, vs RH 421ab/285A/374O/314S

There isn't that great of a separation between them vs RH. Castillo is 29 & due to make 16M/3yr. Harris is 26 & dirt cheap (as MLB goes).

Doesn't it make more sense to get a solid UIF who is strong vs LH's to sub for Harris?

Graffanino vs L 68ab/265A/351O/294S, vs R 210ab/262A/326O/348S

1.1M in 04.

Other options:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/fre...il&positionId=4

Cora, Guiterrez, Sanchez, Wilson

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/fre...il&positionId=6

Aurilia, Cruz, Larkin, Ransom

Though Uribe did a pretty good job vs LH: .264A .302O .551S

those 4 SS's offer little improvement vs LH. So they're not an option.

Of the 4 remaining 2B:

Cora .239A .345O .413S

R Guit .375A .444O .375S (Bos) - < 20 ab's

R San .289A .337O .386S (Tam) - 83 ab's

E Wils .299A .304O .433S (NYY) - 67 ab's

T Graf .265A .351O .294S (KCR) - 68 ab's

They are all improvements over Harris vs LH. As far as a pecking order:

Enrique Wilson, Ray Sanchez, Cora, T Graf, & R Guit.

If not Ig's then Harris+Wilson or Harris+Sanchez & I think we're set.

Other intangibles are his post season numbers. They are very good.

His team won the Japan Series in 2002 with his game winning HR.

His 2004 resembled his 2002 in terms of SB's:

2002 He had less than 20, then in 2003 over 40, then in 2004 less than 30.

It appears he has suffered shoulder problems in 2002 & 2004 & that has a major effect on his ability to steal bases. For the most part cutting that threat in 1/2.

Most recently:

Thursday, October 7, 2004 at 07:20 JSTFUKUOKA The Daiei Hawks outslugged the Seibu Lions and maintained an early lead to win the opener in the second stage of the Pacific League playoffs 9-3 on Wednesday. Nagisa Arakaki (1-0) pitched seven strong innings in a duel against Takashi Ishii (0-1) and received home run support from Kenji Jojima, Tadahito Iguchi, Nobuhiko Matsunaka and Julio Zuleta, who all hit solo shots at Fukuoka Dome. (Japan Today, Japan)

Finally this is a great link:

https://www.japanesebaseball.com/data/indexJBD.jsp

Versus Year PA AB H 2B 3B HR TB SH SF SO BB HBP GIDP CI AVG OBP SLG

Left 2002 129 114 31 5 0 5 51 1 2 23 10 2 2 \N 0.272 0.336 0.447

Left 2003 132 105 32 6 0 6 56 0 1 16 25 1 2 \N 0.305 0.439 0.533

Left 2004 127 116 33 7 0 3 49 0 2 24 9 0 2 \N 0.284 0.331 0.422

Right 2002 343 314 80 9 1 13 130 4 0 61 17 8 6 \N 0.255 0.31 0.414

Right 2003 485 410 143 31 1 21 239 1 5 65 56 13 8 \N 0.349 0.438 0.583

Right 2004 447 394 137 27 2 21 231 0 6 66 38 9 12 \N 0.348 0.412 0.586

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Is anyone else worried that he could be the next Tyoshi Shinjo or So Taguchi.  Even Kaz Matsui has struggled.

I certainly am. Why is everyone so excited about him? No one here's ever seen him play. His number weren't as good as Kaz Matsui's in Japan, so who's to say he's going to perform here. The only time he's seen major league pitching was in that MLB All-Stars vs. Japan All-Stars series, and he bombed big-time.