Iguchi's agent submits new proposal

Cubs Suck23

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
What are you talking about?

Field turf may play faster, but in no way is it tougher than grass.  Grass gives you all types of odd hops all of the time, meanwhile, turf is fast and, for the most part, straight.  Wasn't Kaz Matsui a defensive-wiz back in Japan?  He sure didn't look like one in the majors, though...

I agree on turf it is much easier to judge the hops. I guess he's never played on turf before... Anyway i really hope KW signs him. We cant have a Middle infield that is as inexpirienced as the current.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxmatt @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
I agree on turf it is much easier to judge the hops.  I guess he's never played on turf before...  Anyway i really hope KW signs him.  We cant have a Middle infield that is as inexpirienced as the current.

This is one guy thay we have to take a chance on, he could be huge for this team. If he flops, he flops. But if he does as well as he's done in his last two years in Japan, this could be a huge steal. :whichway

I think you have to take a chance on this guy if given the opportunity. No one knows if he'll make it in The Show, but the price is not very high, and for me this would complete the Carlos Lee trade. I just hope this isn't Matt Clement all over again

How many Iguchi threads do we need? :D

Anyways, the Stark rumor has it at 5.85M/2yr & a team option for a 3rd yr.

The Stark rumor has him in Chicago for a physical.

I'd have to believe this is going to break in Chicago print this week.

Best timing if you ask me. Cubfest was dominated by the cloud that is ShamME & now the Sox will present their newest asian addition: Iguchi.

What he is that many of you are overlooking is a post-season force.

His post-season numbers in Japan overshadow his regular season.

His game winning home run in 2002 helped his team win the Japan Series.

Yes it's Japan, but it's still post-season. There's 120M people in Japan & they play against 40K plus fans in the post-season every night. He's used to that pressure.

The biggest risk is his shoulder. When he's healthy he can steal 40+ SB.

When he's not he's still good for 20 SB. In 02 he was not healthy, 03 he was healthy, & 04 he was mixed. I have to believe he's healthy for 05.

With this move & a 73M payroll I have to take my hat off now to KW.

I'm sure he will get us the best UIF available before the start of the season. Either home grown or bought.

Way to go Kenny W! :cheers

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
lol we do have a lot of Iguchi threads but I hope it's all worth it in the end if we sign him.

I was just thinking the same thing. :D

I'm just waiting for the...Bruce Levine Reports, Sox Sign Iguchi

I think its going to happen. All signs point toward Iguchi in Black and Silver.

In case you hadn't noticed, several dollars have changed hands this winter. In fact, according to ESPN research maven Mark Simon, the current crop of free agents has signed contracts worth over -- ready for this? -- a billion dollars.

Yeah, you read that right. A billion. Which is even higher than Jose Contreras' ERA.

I found that in Straks column...

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
I was just thinking the same thing. :D

I'm just waiting for the...Bruce Levine Reports, Sox Sign Iguchi

I think its going to happen.  All signs point toward Iguchi in Black and Silver.

Once that thread goes up, we should already know he was signed a couple days before.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
According to a japanesse newspaper. I read a forum about iguchi it says that iguchi  agents has made a new proposal to the sox a  2 yr deal for 6M... The forum also  said their hasnt been much intersted in Iguchi

With this news id hope that we get him then we need a backup IF. if we get iguchi and maybe a guy like robert fick for 3b, our off-season would be an A.

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
With this news id hope that we get him then we need a backup IF. if we get iguchi and maybe a guy like robert fick for 3b, our off-season would be an A.

Robert Fick? The ex-Tiger? No f***ing thank you. :chair

QUOTE(Ishmookie @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
I like him even though he was a jerk to our fansbut he would be a good backup infielder. why not invite him to st at least? what would it hurt?

Hey also pulled some bonehead play in Atlanta ... I don't remember what it was, but the Braves didn't invite him back.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
Hey also pulled some bonehead play in Atlanta ... I don't remember what it was, but the Braves didn't invite him back.

i dont care what he did im just saying that he is a good backup option for us. he's a solid bat off of the bench. he wouldnt play a major role. why does everybody HATE him?