196 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• [IMG]http://www.ta-sports.net/Corp/mlb_logos/logo_wsx.gif[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://www.ta-sports.net/Corp/mlb_logos/logo_cle.gif[/IMG]

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay before the bullpen with Howry + Wickman we had 22 blown saves. After when they set up 1 and 2 at the end of the pen we had a measly 3.....

Okay And your lineup is a powerhouse.

An old dude named Frank Thomas who is the slowest player in the league and one of the worst defensively.

FACE IT THE TRIBE'S LINEUP IS BETTER THAN THE SOX'S

I'll give you the Rotation and we are tied with the pen!

Just curious ... why are you here?

To start an argument?

Don't you have anything more productive to do?

This is a White Sox fan site and for the most part we coexist peacefully. Nor are people here in the habit of going onto other teams fan sites to start polls, or should I say start arguments.

You're not going to convince anyone of anything, nor are we going to convince you of anything I would guess.

Not to be blunt here, but how about going away? The Indians have some good fans, you're giving them a bad name by doing stuff like this. It's pointless.

No hard feelings, just my opinion.

Okay I am referring to your Bullpen #1. See we had a ERA at the break of nearly 5. You had about the same all Year. We brought ours down from the Break to seasons end.

I am here to talk baseball. And I Like talkin with sox fans. All seem stubborn and are way to bias IMHO.

And I am one Indians Fan. Your baseball moderators was nice and welcomed me and you guys like try to kill me.

Who gives a s*** if yours turned it on in the 2nd half?

Whose was better over the ENTIRE season? Sox, no arguing, look at the ERA.

Also, good call on Frank being bad on D, that's gonna really hinder us this year, me thinks.

QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
Okay I am referring to your Bullpen #1. See we had a ERA at the break of nearly 5. You had about the same all Year. We brought ours down from the Break  to seasons end.

I am here to talk baseball. And I Like talkin with sox fans. All seem stubborn and are way to bias IMHO.

And I am one Indians Fan. Your baseball moderators was nice and welcomed me and you guys like try to kill me.

Well....you come in here (a Sox fan board) and try to make the Indians seem like World Series Champions 12 seasons straight!!!!

All seem stubborn and are way to bias IMHO.

Oh ... now I get it. You like talking to people who you feel are stubborn and way too biased.

That's smart.

I know Youngstown is dull but surely there must be something more productive for you to do.

Then again, maybe not. :rolly

QUOTE(YoungstownIndians @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
And we WILL Own you this year!

You guys can't and won't get past the Twinkies. I have my doubts with the Tribe.

But you got a longer world series drought then we do.

I'M OUT. Talk Smack on my board if you want. Do whatever!

Your attempt to promote your message board isn't going to well. I think you better go try somewhere else.

BTW, YoungsTown Indians....who had a better record.....that last 5 seasons!!!!!!! The Royals finished higher than your team in 2003! You guys havnt had a better record than us since 2001. But of course, we kicked your ass in 2000.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
It's a joke how he even tries to compare the Cleveland bullpen to ours...

I'd take one of their relievers, that being Bob Howry.  And he'd be the last righty in our bullpen to make our team.

Talk is cheap.

April Fourth -- Bring it...  :headbang  :headbang

I'll definately be there watching the Indians get smoked. :P ;)

Hopefully.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 1, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
It's a joke how he even tries to compare the Cleveland bullpen to ours...

I'd take one of their relievers, that being Bob Howry.  And he'd be the last righty in our bullpen to make our team.

Talk is cheap.

April Fourth -- Bring it...  :headbang  :headbang

That day seems so far away, I can't fricken wait for it to get here.

Analysis Time:

Scott Podsednik vs. Coco Crisp - In 2003, Pod had splits (BA, OBP, OPS) of .244, .313, .677, while Coco had splits of .297, .344, .790. Although I expect Pod to rebound a little and improve to about .270, .340 OBP, you'd have to give a slight edge to Coco because he's younger, and looks to be on the up.

Tadahito Iguchi vs. Ron Belliard - In 2004, Belliard had splits of .282, .348, .774. I'd expect him to put up fairly similar numbers again, with perhaps a little drop off in production. No-one knows what Iguchi is going to hit but numbers of about .275, .340 would seem about the most likely range. With Iguchi probably the superior fielder, I'm calling this even, and these 2 with Soriano could be fighting it out for an All Star Spot.

Ben Broussard vs. Carl Everett / Frank Thomas - I'm assuming Broussard is going to be the Indians DH / 1B here with Hafner, and he had splits of .275, .370 and .793. Although the Sox are going to be paying about an extra $12 to $14 mill for Jurrassic Carl and the Big Hurt, production wise they are probably going to put up better numbers than Broussard, who only really came on last season though. I'd think though if Ross Gload was given a chance at being the !B / DH, he would put up similar numbers to Broussard though, perhaps with a little less power and a little higher average.

Victor Martinez vs. A.J Pierzynski - 2004 splits for both were .283, .359, .851 and .272, .319 and ,729. Although Martinez struck out more than A.J, and Pierzynski's numbers will improve moving from SBC to the Cell, you'd have to go with Martinez because he's younger and cheaper and probably only going to get better, although he's not the best defensive catcher going around.

Travis Hafner vs. Paul Konerko - .311, .410, .993 vs. .277, .359 and .894. Power wise you'd go with Konerko, but right now as a GM you'd love to have Hafner on your team, he's cheap, and is a lefty hitter. But could 2004 have been a flash in the pan for him? We'll just have to wait and see, but he did hit for a higher average and would have had better away splits than Paulie, so I'd actually rather have Hafner on my team, all things being considered.

Juan Gonzalez vs. Jermaine Dye - No contest, I don't even have to go into statistics here. We all know, Dye is going to improve on his 2004 numbers if he can stay healthy moving from Oakland to Chicago. Gonzalez won't even be the starting outfielder, and the Indians will be lucky to get anything out of him all season, considering he's likely to be injured somehow.

Casey Blake vs. Aaron Rowand - I'm using this matchup because IIRC, Blake is going to get some in LF for the Tribe. Splits were .271, .354 and .840 vs. .310, .361 and .905. Despite Blake having a little better power numbers, I'm definitely going with A-Row, due to him hitting for a higher average and his ability to hit almost anywhere in the lineup. Plus he's 4 years younger too.

Juan Uribe vs. Jhonny Peralta - Uribe is definitely going to be the winner here. Peralta has to show he can translate his good hitting from AAA to the majors, and until we see that he does, you're always going to take the guy with the proven track record in Uribe, who could just get better.

Aaron Boone vs. Joe Crede - Interesting matchup here, because I'd say with these 2, it would be the hardest to predict numbers for the upcoming season. Crede had splits of .239, .299 and .717, while in Boone's last good season of 2003 he had splits of .267, .327 and .780. Boone is moving to a good hitter's park in Jacobs, but coming back from his major knee surgery, it's unrealistic to think he's really going to improve on those numbers. We've been waiting for a few seasons now for Joe to improve, and although some people around here have faith, I'm not really one of them. Still I think Crede could improve a little, but not enough to win this matchup.

Overall - There's definitely pro's and con's for each team and what they bring to the plate, hitting wise. Cleveland's built its lineup around good young hitters in Hafner and Martinez, and Mark Shapiro should definitely be given credit for what he's done in reshaping his team to a division contender. But I think overall, the Sox's weaker players (Podesednik, Crede) are probably going to be a little better than Cleveland's weaker (Gonzalez, Peralta), and that's probably going to slightly give them the edge. They both have great offenses however.

I might do the pitching later, but the Sox would have the edge in that matchup anyways.

Indians lineup, to me, does look better then the Sox lineup. There is really no point in arguing that.

The Sox starting rotation is better then the Indians. I would take Buehrle, Garcia, Duque, Contreras, Garland over Sabathia, Westbrook, Lee, Millwood, and whoever the 5th starter will end up being. That is the main advantage.

Bullpens are basically a wash.

The Indians I think are more dangerous then most people think. They could be a 90+ win team next year...along with a potential sub-.500 team too

Not saying what this guy did...YoungstownIndian...coming onto an exclusively White Sox message board is right...just saying he's not wrong in what he's saying(though at the same time he is...go figure :P )