Around The Majors

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case Crede keeps sucking...

Latest News  Apr. 7, 2005 - 5:51 pm et

Tigers released third baseman-designated hitter Dean Palmer.

Palmer wasn't interested in playing for Toledo. He'll keep looking for a job in the majors, but there's a good chance he'll head back into retirement.

:lolhitting

"Alex Sanchez won't appeal suspension"

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oD...ov=ap&type=lgns

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tampa Bay outfielder Alex Sanchez won't appeal his 10-day suspension for violating baseball's steroids policy, saying he was tripped up by a change in laws that made a supplement he took illegal.

Sanchez, the first player penalized under the tougher rules put in place last month, made his decision Thursday, four days after he was suspended by commissioner Bud Selig.

``I used an over-the-counter supplement that I purchased before the laws banning certain substances changed on January 15th,'' Sanchez said in a statement. ``If I am guilty, I am guilty of not taking the initiative to learn more about the contents of what I was taking. Once my agent informed me that I had tested positive, I then started finding out what was in my supplements. Then, and only then, did I find out about the particular ingredients of this supplement.''

Miami Herald:

Tampa Bay outfielder Alex Sanchez's positive drug test was triggered by Paradeca, a prohormone once contained in several over-the-counter supplements popular with bodybuilders."

When the information is worth something leaks are inevitable. This sort of brings new light to MLB's policy. Maybe it's a lot tougher than most of us think when you consider all the substances listed.

Miami Herald:

Tampa Bay outfielder Alex Sanchez's positive drug test was triggered by Paradeca, a prohormone once contained in several over-the-counter supplements popular with bodybuilders."

When the information is worth something leaks are inevitable.  This sort of brings new light to MLB's policy.  Maybe it's a lot tougher than most of us think when you consider all the substances listed.

Or maybe it's just alot tougher this year since the sh*t hit the fan.

Edited by Jabroni

Carlos had 2 strikes on him, and I'm sure he was trying to foul that pitch off.  He just didn't get it out of play.  He's 2 for 4 today.  That's not too bad.

In the words of some peoples mentor on here...

IF your 2 for 4 tell me when those 2 came..and I tell you if your a quality hitter...

or something to that effect! :chair

Edited by AnthraxFan93

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 04:20 PM)
In the words of some peoples mentor on here...

IF your 2 for 4 tell me when those 2 came..and I tell you if your a quality hitter...

or something to that effect!  :chair

That would be ... "Don't tell me what you hit, tell me when you hit it." And yes, I agree. But Carlos has always hurt the Cubs. I hope he continues to do so.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
PLease exlpain this statement.. you can't compare the 2..

True -- it's hard to compare a leadoff hitter and a middle of the order hitter, but I bet Lee has a higher OPS, OBP, AVG, RBI's, HR's, and X-tra Base hits than Pods.

I don't know what's hard to understand about that, I just think Lee will do better than Pods...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 04:57 PM)
True -- it's hard to compare a leadoff hitter and a middle of the order hitter, but I bet Lee has a higher OPS, OBP, AVG, RBI's, HR's, and X-tra Base hits than Pods.

I don't know what's hard to understand about that, I just think Lee will do better than Pods...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

ANd I think Pujols will hit better than David Eckstein this year..