Around The Majors

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all the offseason signings, who do you think has played the best so far in the young season?

Jeff Kent is playing awesome for LA early on -- and he's making guys like Harold Reynolds and John Kruk, who predicted the Dodgers to finish behind the D'Backs ( :lol: ) in the NL West, look really stupid.

But who else is playing well? Obviously, we know who's doing what for the Sox, but anyone pop out to you right away? Pedro? Beltran?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
Out of all the offseason signings, who do you think has played the best so far in the young season?

Jeff Kent is playing awesome for LA early on -- and he's making guys like Harold Reynolds and John Kruk, who predicted the Dodgers to finish behind the D'Backs ( :lol: ) in the NL West, look really stupid.

But who else is playing well?  Obviously, we know who's doing what for the Sox, but anyone pop out to you right away?  Pedro?  Beltran?

I hate to say it, but...Vizquel has been awfully good. There's no chance he continues at this pace, however.

Troy Glaus has gone freakin' nuts.

Yeah, Glaus has been damn good. And so has Vizquel, too -- he's made some real nice defensive plays. Then again, I dunno -- I think a guy with more range makes a lot of the plays that Vizquel makes look hard, look easy (confusing sentence there).

Another guy who's been tearing it up is Jose Valentin. Damn, has he been big for the Dodgers. They got a nice little platoon there with Valentin and that Japanese guy who came over -- Nakamura is it?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 11:34 PM)
The question is, how long will it take someone to blame a Sox fan?

Or how long will it take for a Sox fan to take credit? :D

Gotta figure it's a Sox fan, b/c how could anyone not hear someone that f'n annoying?

I just ewanted to go off a bit here an mention Steve Finley's brutal start for anyoen with him on their fantasy team. I was worried due to his age and then I looked at his splits for his career and especially the last 5 years. He struggles to hit over 200 most APrils and hten come son big in May. Just wanted to point that out for those concerned

So far, so wrong for me. I do however caution people that their wins over the GIqnts might look worse later on if the GIants prove to be a 70 win team. That said, with Penny and Gagne on the way back-they could be good. I might end up being as wrong about this Dodger team as ANY team in my memory

Alex Escobar - OF - Nationals   

Nationals transferred outfielder Alex Escobar from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list.

Escobar is probably out until midseason after surgery to remove screws from his right foot.

Once again Bowden, thanks for Jerry Owens!

Hmm interesting;

"The Cubs rejected the Tigers' offer of set-up man Ugueth Urbina for pitching prospect Angel Guzman... The Padres are souring on third baseman Sean Burroughs and expect to place him on the trade block this year."