March 14 2005 Cubs vs Sox spring training game

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marte has got to get this stikezone thing figured out if he is going to have a better year. I am watching this game and I see the same thing as last year. He doesnt follow through on his fastball and short arms it, the ball sails. He gets behind everyone and gets himself in trouble. The guy has filthy stuff but needs to get it around the plate more. His stuff has kept him out of major problems, but it will catch up with him sooner or later.

Come on Damaso, left hand should wind up at the right knee after release buddy.

While Marte did a little worse last year, I am now realizing how much we take his arm for granted.

I mean, he was b****ed out for having a bad year last season, and his ERA was still under four. I'm definitely glad to have #43 in a Sox uni for a couple more years... :)

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 04:05 PM)
While Marte did a little worse last year, I am now realizing how much we take his arm for granted.

I mean, he was b****ed out for having a bad year last season, and his ERA was still under four.  I'm definitely glad to have #43 in a Sox uni for a couple more years...  :)

His arm is fine, its his mechanics that a bit out of whack. Think about it this way, a lot of other pitchers wouldnt of been able to strike out guys after going 3-0 on them. His stuff is filthy, he just needs to get his commander under check again. His problems should be fixed here in spring training.

Walker pitches a 1-2-3 ninth for a WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

That's Win #1 Northsiders. Plenty more to come.

It was perfect. The Sox seal the deal in the ninth as the Comcast people put a Cub idiot on tv who has wrapped himself in fake ivy.

Perfect.

:fthecubs

Calm down everyone, just treat it like you were watching it on an opponents telecast, because that's basically what it was. It was Cubs announcers on a Cubs station, they are going to choose a Cub's player of the game. We all know that A-Row played better, but D-Lee was the player of the game for the Cubs. There are better things to get worked up about.

QUOTE(KWs OK for Me @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Calm down everyone, just treat it like you were watching it on an opponents telecast, because that's basically what it was.  It was Cubs announcers on a Cubs station, they are going to choose a Cub's player of the game.  We all know that A-Row played better, but D-Lee was the player of the game for the Cubs. There are better things to get worked up about.

Show of hands.

So, who here was "worked up?"

I know I wasn't. :huh:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
Cubs pitchers blaming the wind on Comcast.

Did the wind stop when we were pitching?

Yes I think it did. I'm fairly certain that since the Sosa trade God has become a Sox fan.java script:emoticon(':pray')

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
Cubs pitchers blaming the wind on Comcast.

Did the wind stop when we were pitching?

The funniest one is when Barret said that the sox home runs where all wind aided. But we all know his was due to the extra lifting and skill with the stick :fthecubs :violin

Marte appeared to show little effort during yesterdays outting. Anyone else notice his slurve was rather flat?

Watching the replay on CSN none of his pitches exceeded 92mph; and his delivery (as SSI referenced) appeared ackward. May have been the slightly lowered camera angles deceiving my eyes, but he didn't appear to be showcasing his usual three-quarters delivery.

I know it's spring training, but I've never seen the radar readings of Marte's previous outtings. Is this an abberation?

Edited by Flash Tizzle