Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A riddle:

Question:

What is this : :sleep ??

Answer:

Joe Borchard while at bat.

:huh:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
Joe has such great power that it's depressing that he can't make contact on a consistent basis.  Maybe if he lost the "deer-in-the-headlights" look and opened his eyes when he's at bat, he could make more contact. :lol:

ph_400021.jpg

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
You're all a strange group of fans.  You seem to delight in trashing ChiSox players.  I maybe the only fan left who still has hope in Borchy but you guys have all but flushed the toilet on him.

Go Joe!

3-2 Sox after 4

I think he became open game for trashing when he followed up his banner year in RF last year with getting released from the Mexican league for futility with the bat. Ross Gload hit like a god in that same mexican league the year before. My scouting report on Borchard is the same as Valentin. If you throw a fastball near the plate watch out, he will hit the thing to the moon. However if you happen to put a bit of spin, cut, curve or any movement what-so-ever on the pitch he is doomed. Since Valentin is gone he has taken over the title of Pedro Cerrano for the whitesox.

Edited by southsideirish71

Stewart relieved shingo. Then buck singles teahen doubles to make it second and third. Gotay hits a single but advances on timo's throw home. 4-3 royals with dejesus at the plate no outs.

Edited by qwerty

Well so much for Josh Stewart 'quietly' getting his stuff back. He was mashed by the Royals a day after Sergio Mitre dominates them. B)

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Stewart relieved shingo. Then buck singles teahan doubles to make it second and third. Gotay hits a single but advances on timo's throw home. 4-3 royals with dejesus at the plate no outs.

If you just offered me crap on a stick for Josh Stewart in a straight up deal, I decline, unless you're willing to take Borchard as part of the deal!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
So much for trade value.  Crap-on-a-stick.com

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
If you just offered me crap on a stick for Josh Stewart in a straight up deal, I decline, unless you're willing to take Borchard as part of the deal!

I just want to make sure that we dont have someone trying to fill Mike Jackson's role on this team this year.

We dodged a bullet wtih Ozzie's affection for all things Marlin(the original Tee Ball Stand Grilli). Now we just have to dodge Felix "cannon" Diaz and Josh "Duck" Stewart. Someone who is a lot better with photoshop should superimpose Charlie Browns yellow shirt with zig zag design on Josh's image. The picture of Charlie throwing the ball and getting all of his clothes knocked off on the ball getting blasted right back at him comes to mind with Josh.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
LMAO Ken Harvey is ejected.

Easy Ken it's on ST, now go take a seat in the clubhouse tubby.

Oddly enough someone was overheard yelling all you can eat buffet for 5 bucks for the next hour only right before that happened.

I did find a glimer of hope in Borchy:

vs. KCR 250/758OPS, @ Kaufmann 33AB 242/839OPS

vs Finesse 250/715, & CL&L 239/762OPS

First pitch wise 236/781

Behind in the count - too lousy to mention

Count 2-0: 429/858, After 2-0: 280/900

Count 3-2: 250/949, After 3-2: 250/949

What's it all mean? When Joe makes contact he's a 900+ OPS player.

But Joe has yet to demonstrate he can battle at the plate. Most 1-0 counts against him become 1-1 counts. If a pitcher gains the lead in the count after the 2nd pitch Joe's bad. Real bad. 1/10 avg at best.

He's always been a Sosa like K-out artist but he had much more contact in AA & AAA. Can he develop a better eye in the months to come? I think we should maintain a sliver of hope he can. If he can stay healthy it's possible at least.

vs. KCR 250/758OPS, @ Kaufmann  33AB 242/839OPS

vs Finesse 250/715, &  CL&L 239/762OPS

First pitch wise 236/781

Count 2-0: 429/858, After  2-0: 280/900

Count 3-2: 250/949, After  3-2: 250/949

What's it all mean?  When Joe makes contact he's a 900+ OPS player.

But Joe has yet to demonstrate he can battle at the plate.  Most 1-0 counts against him become 1-1 counts.  If a pitcher gains the lead in the count after the 2nd pitch Joe's bad.  Real bad.  1/10 avg at best.

He's always been a Sosa like K-out artist but he had much more contact in AA & AAA. Can he develop a better eye in the  months to come?  I think we should maintain a sliver of hope he can.  If he can stay healthy it's possible at least.

When you have to search for specific stats to make a player look good, that player usually sucks.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 16, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)

vs. KCR 250/758OPS, @ Kaufmann  33AB 242/839OPS

vs Finesse 250/715, &  CL&L 239/762OPS

First pitch wise 236/781

Count 2-0: 429/858, After  2-0: 280/900

Count 3-2: 250/949, After  3-2: 250/949

What's it all mean?  When Joe makes contact he's a 900+ OPS player.

But Joe has yet to demonstrate he can battle at the plate.  Most 1-0 counts against him become 1-1 counts.  If a pitcher gains the lead in the count after the 2nd pitch Joe's bad.  Real bad.  1/10 avg at best.

He's always been a Sosa like K-out artist but he had much more contact in AA & AAA. Can he develop a better eye in the  months to come?  I think we should maintain a sliver of hope he can.  If he can stay healthy it's possible at least.

Anyone have some rum and cigars for Borchy

Joe Borchard: Batsy are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.