Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably showing how out of touch I am, but while we are waiting could someone explain how the supply chain works for these substances? Are they legitimate prescription drugs that are diverted improperly or are they made in boot-leg labs like Meth-amphetamine? Is a steroid a natural substance that is distilled from something or do you mix them up from other things? How complicated is it to produce?

Another vote..?

Damn.. CSpan is getting worse.

Ahhh, I just clicked on the audio feed (listen link) and it works fine. The video feed is breaking up. Here's a link...

http://www.cspan.org/watch/index.asp?Cat=T...&ArchiveDays=30

It's on C-SPAN3. Sosa's testimony is being read by a "translator." :headshake

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
I'm probably showing how out of touch I am, but while we are waiting could someone explain how the supply chain works for these substances?  Are they legitimate prescription drugs that are diverted improperly or are they made in boot-leg labs like Meth-amphetamine? Is a steroid a natural substance that is distilled from something or do you mix them up from other things?  How complicated is it to produce?

I know this, when I was in Mexico, I was able to walk up to a legtimate drug store and get whatever steroids I might have wanted. It's packaged just like any other drug, safety sealed, syringes, liquid, pills and all. The pharmacist will even walk you through how to use them. I bet that's where players get it. I'm not sure if you can get them in the U.S.

Is the audio feed flowing in real time?

Good question. :huh:

All I know is that Palmeiro is now on and he's completely denying any steroid use. He is also bashing Canseco pretty hard.

McGwire was on just before Palmeiro and refused to implicate his friends or ex-teammates. He was crying for his entire statement.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Good question. :huh:

All I know is that Palmeiro is now on and he's completely denying any steroid use.  He is also bashing Canseco pretty hard.

Is it flowing normal or is it breaking up?

Hey guys,

Please don't hate me. I just got back from a day's worth of classes and simply don't have the energy to burn through 33 pages.

If someone could post an all-encompasing review of today's events I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Mcgwire '' i am not hear to talk about the past''.

I would love it if one of the reps turned to Mark and said... "Ya know what.. I believe Jose's book and think you are a liar".