Congressional hearing thread

rangercal

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So McGwire was almost crying and plead the 5th when asked if he used steroids?

Also, I heard that Sosa had his testimony read by a "translator." Is this true? I know Sosa's english is bad but it isn't bad enough that he needs a translator. I bet he figures that he didn't perjure himself since someone else read his statement. :rolly

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)
Sammy Sosa is a piece of s***.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

It floors me when people that were big time Soso fans are ripping on him now because he is no longer a cub and then proceed to act like they never liked him in the first place.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)

Also, I heard that Sosa had his testimony read by a "translator."  Is this true?  I know Sosa's english is bad but it isn't bad enough that he needs a translator.  I bet he figures that he didn't perjure himself since someone else read his statement. :rolly

No.. neither one of the things you posted are true.

Mark didn't plead anything at this point. And Sosa did not testify yet.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)

Also, I heard that Sosa had his testimony read by a "translator."  Is this true?  I know Sosa's english is bad but it isn't bad enough that he needs a translator.  I bet he figures that he didn't perjure himself since someone else read his statement. :rolly

Everyone read an openeing statement....All denied, except Canseco and McGwire...McGwire made it clear that he will plead the fifth when asked questions by the committee...which is up after their currrent break....

Also, Canseco kept in seperate room before statement/during break...not with other players...

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)
It floors me when people that were big time Soso fans are ripping on him now because he is no longer a cub and then proceed to act like they never liked him in the first place.

I wish he was still a Cub....lying bastard

In regards to McGwire crying ... I may have perspective that most people don't. His emotions boiled to the surface when he was taking about the Hootens and the other family that had lost their son. I lost a son in car wreck a few years ago. If McGwire was putting himself in their shoes, I can certainly relate. Now, he may have just been grandstanding. But, I'm just saying I can relate. Probably more than McGwire can imagine, but still ... I could relate.

I don't understand the big deal about Sosa using a translator. He has LESS of an excuse to play dumb now. His English is pretty good, but not nearly as good as Palmeiro's. It's still his testimony, he's still responsible for it. And we've still got plenty of good reasons to hate the guy.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
C'mon people, if you were in this hearing, and you spoke English the way Sammy does, would you risk answering for yourself?    I'd have a translator too.

He speaks english fine when he wants to.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
He speaks english fine when he wants to.

He's never been at a Congressional hearing I bet.

There are Americans who speak English fluently, who won't even state their name in court without their attorney whispering into their ear. So, why would Sammy risk it at this hearing?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)

There are Americans who speak English fluently, who won't even state their name in court without their attorney whispering into their ear.  So, why would Sammy risk it at this hearing?

I have no sympathy for him. None whatsoever.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)

There are Americans who speak English fluently, who won't even state their name in court without their attorney whispering into their ear.  So, why would Sammy risk it at this hearing?

Yeah surprisingly I don't blame Sammy, as much as we need to know the truth I think it's alright as of now that Sammy doesn't say anything, we will find out soon though. I don't like the guy and he does need to tell the truth to even keep somewhat of an image.

Edited by WilliamTell

It's pretty obvious that Sosa and his agent thought all this out before heading to Washington. He is trying to protect his ass at all cost.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 17, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
It's pretty obvious that Sosa and his agent thought all this out before heading to Washington.  He is trying to protect his ass at all cost.

Luckily courts don't convict people based on suspicions, no matter how obvious they might seem. Don't ya luv the law??