Buerhle Injury Update

quickman

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(quickman @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
garcia ptiches on the 4th, then pitches on the 9th (5 days later) then ptiches on the 14th. (5days later0 Please help me understand why this math doesn't work.

My bad, I forgot we had a game on the 4th (must be too late down here... 2a.m yikes). But anyways back on the topic at hand, this is how the schedule plays out,

4th - Garcia

6th - Contreras

7th - Hernandez

8th - Garland

9th - Garcia

10th - Contreras

11th - Hernandez

Looks like Jose and El Duque would only go off 3 days rest in that scenario.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
Hmm...didnt I just say that, OH WAIT 50 POSTS AGO???

I was quickly rebutted, saying the facts are already known.... :rolly

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Everyone is freaking out, and everyone is trying to be the first to report the story so that they can run their stupid commercials about how they break news first. I just wish they would report something general (MB is hurt it COULD be this...) with the point that they are waiting to get the exact info.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:08 AM)
4th - Garcia

6th - Contreras

7th - Hernandez

8th - Garland

9th - Garcia

10th - Contreras

11th - Hernandez

Looks like Jose and El Duque would only go off 3 days rest in that scenario.

Details, details... :rolly

QUOTE(JimH @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
The only thing remotely positive about this Buehrle situation is hopefully he'll be strong and refreshed down the stretch.

I think that's more a truism when the injury and downtime occur in the middle of the season allowing your body to recharge for, essentially, a second half.

I am out need to get back to work. Figure out which of our s***ty Minor leagers are going to pitch.

:lol:

I bet we see McCarthy pitch one of those games up in Milwaukee.

Diaz pulled a muscle in the back of his shoulder yesterday, so there's some question as to his health.

Maybe Adkins or Hermanson gets a spot start until MB comes back? Lots of ways they can play it.

I think that's more a truism when the injury and downtime occur in the middle of the season allowing your body to recharge for, essentially, a second half.

Yes, agree. I was thinking more of the cumulative effect of a full season and maybe should've phrased it better.

For all you doubters of Mcarthy I would stop because one hes pitching lights out and guess what he has done it agasint big top hitters such as mvp of last yr name Vlad. Brandon can pitch people and guess what his situation here just got better. Plus, for all doubters we have Hermanson to fill in if Mcarthy fails. Buerhle will be back in no time so dont worry its not like his arm is in trouble.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
For all you doubters of Mcarthy I would stop because one hes pitching lights out and guess what he has done it agasint big top hitters such as mvp of last yr name Vlad. Brandon can pitch people and guess what his situation here just got better. Plus, for all doubters we have Hermanson to fill in if Mcarthy fails. Buerhle will be back in no time so dont worry its not like his arm is in trouble.

I'm far from a doubter of BMac...quite the contrary actually. After seeing him pitch I dont know if I've ever seen a 21 yr old with his cool, compusure and intelligence. With that being said Ive also seen too many high prospects mishandled, sent up and down, up to early, down to fast, pulled to quickly, entered into the game in a bad, no win situation...The White Sox dont exactly have a history of turning pitching prospects into quality major league pitchers and I hope this doesnt turn into a similar situation. Now do I think BMac will be successful at the Major League Level? SURE I DO...But lets just do the right thing

If it turns out to be something else, and he's out longer, it could be the death knell of our season. Losing your ace for any period of time, especially an extended peroid (such as 4-6 weeks), can kill a season. We needed Burhrles innings this season...and now we won't get them for at least a month and a half, because after he does return, he's STILL not in game shape.

I'm all for seeing Bmac, but remember who Bmac is replacing...a sure fire pitcher.

-y2

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
^^^^everybody just needs to look at this post to know that mark is out 4-6 weeks.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
If it turns out to be something else, and he's out longer, it could be the death knell of our season.  Losing your ace for any period of time, especially an extended peroid (such as 4-6 weeks), can kill a season.  We needed Burhrles innings this season...and now we won't get them for at least a month and a half, because after he does return,  he's STILL not in game shape.

I'm all for seeing Bmac, but remember who Bmac is replacing...a sure fire pitcher.

-y2

Good post, not to be an alarmist, but this is not good. Let's pray everyone else stays healthy. Injuries will destroy this team, their depth is shaky at best.

Add 2 weeks to whatever time frame they tell us for Buehrle.

id have to think that if Buerhle is out for an extended period of time BMac will take the 5th spot. Id would be a huge mistake to use anyone else. Like Diaz? oh god. I think Bmac will do fine, did you see him strike out Vlad yesterday. Nice.

^^^^everybody just needs to look at this post to know that mark is out 4-6 weeks.

So worst case scenario is, he's back in the rotation about May 10th, factoring in a rehab start or two.

Sticking with a 5 man rotation would mean the Sox need a guy to make 6 starts while Buehrle is out.

Six starts is a lot for a fill in guy and I doubt they want to pull somebody from the bullpen ... it appears they like the way the bullpen is set up.

Again, sticking with a 5 man gives the #5 guy a start vs. Minnesota, Seattle, Detroit, Oakland, Detroit again, and Toronto.

It comes down to:

- Brandon McCarthy

- A guy like Adkins or Hermanson

- Someone from outside the organization

Unless they can swing a good trade and get a decent depth guy in here cheap, it's hard to see a better option than McCarthy. Again, assuming the longest timetable for Buehrle being out.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)

let me be clear, The Man = Kenny williams. He said Fracture out 4-6 weeks. his words not mine. When he is out four to six weeks, then come back to thread.

This is from MB's Yahoo player notes from yesterday

Mar 20 White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle threw six no-hit innings against the Royals on Saturday. He also went without a walk and struck out seven. Buehrle is now 3-0 with a 2.41 ERA over four spring starts (18.2 innings).

Views: We've grown accustomed to write newsbreakers about starting pitcher who are hurt or struggling, and it's nice to hand out at least one piece of news about a hurler who is throwing well. Buehrle looks ready to begin the season, and fantasy owners can draft him with confidence.

We are trully F'd. No Thomas & no Mark B for April. I'm not worried about Garcia, but now El Duque is #2, BMac #3, Garland #4, & Contreras #5.

Garland & Contreras have not been very impressive this spring. Ozzie's biggest decision of the year might be whether to add a 12th arm or keep the extra bench bat.

Apr 4,off,6,7: vs CLE Garcia, Hernandez, BMac vs Westbrook, Milwood, Lee

Apr 8, 9, 10 @ MIN: Garland, Garcia, Hernandez vs Lohse,Santana,Radke

Apr 11,12,13, off @ CLE: BMac, Garland, Contreras vs Sabathia, Lee, Davis

Apr 15,16,17 vs SEA: Garcia, Hernandez, BMac vs ?,?,?

APr 18,19 v MIN: Garland, Contreras vs Lohse,Santana

Apr 20,21 @ DET: Garcia, Hernandez vs ?,?

Apr 22,23,24 @ KCR: BMac, Garland, Contreras vs ?,?,?

Apr 25,26,27,off @ OAK: Garcia, Hernandez, BMac vs ?,?,?

Apr 29,30, May 1 vs DET: Garland, Garcia, Buehrle vs ?,?,?

In ST, Crede, & Iggy are struggling. You need pinch hitters on the bench for these guys. I think you need to just try & tough in out with 11 arms & rely on a very experienced pen. Likewise the cold weather in April gives the advantage to the arms.

Edited by JUGGERNAUT