Sox attendance

ZeroHour

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Well if its not entirely true then I guess I have no point.  Just seeing what kind of reaction it would get.

going back to reading more and posting less.

Don't worry, thats Steff for ya.

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
Well if its not entirely true then I guess I have no point.  Just seeing what kind of reaction it would get.

going back to reading more and posting less.

Do you have a comment relating to it..? Do you think the Sox purposely try to keep the fans away as to not pay rent..?

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
so where's the little wolf smiley?  ya know, the one with the wolf tearing away meat from a carcass while looking for more prey?  i think this thread is proof that it'd be useful.

Because I asked him to comment on what "makes sense" to him now referring to the Sox not having to pay rent if they don't draw....?? :huh

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
I dont know if this is old news, but I came across this link today while researching my fantasy draft.

apparently, JR doesnt have to pay rent on the cell if we draw less than 1.5M.

If this isnt striaght out of major league, I dont know what is.

near the bottom:

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=16343

They make a lot more money when they draw more than that and pay rent, than they do when they draw

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
They make a lot more money when they draw more than that and pay rent, than they do when they draw

It's not entirely true that they "don't pay rent". They pay a fee based on a %, which is reduced if they don't hit the 1.5 mark. Last spring I posted the financial detail to support this and the payments made to the ISA from the Sox.

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
I dont know if this is old news, but I came across this link today while researching my fantasy draft.

apparently, JR doesnt have to pay rent on the cell if we draw less than 1.5M.

If this isnt striaght out of major league, I dont know what is.

near the bottom:

http://www.heartland.org/Article.cfm?artId=16343

If you really think White Sox management purposely keeps attendance low so they won't have to pay rent, its time for you to support another team. This is a tired and ridiculous argument. The fact of the matter is the team has had its finest attendance in franchise history under current ownership. They have done nothing but try to enhance the experience of attending a game.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
I see the green.. and I can appreciate it...

But...

I'm getting sick and tired of this lame ass argument.

My lame ass arguement about you being a b****?

Seriously, though, I hear you 100%. I mean, come on, the Sox do everything they can beside have free days to get people to the park. Do people honestly believe that they aren't making an effort with all the giveaways, promotional days, ad campaigns?

Edited by mreye

QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
My lame ass arguement about you being a b****?

Seriously, though, I hear you 100%. I mean, come on, the Sox do everything they can beside have free days to get people to the park. Do people honestly believe that they aren't making an effort with all the giveaways, promotional days, ad campaigns?

Oh no, my sources say the b**** arguement is 100% true :ph34r:

Well since noone knows me I guess I have to defend myself by saying I only love few things in this world more than the Whitesox.

I had just never heard this rent business and was interested in seeing what the more knowledgable had to say about it.

In retrospect, the topic should have been different.

Im glad its mostly BS.

QUOTE(Steff @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 04:12 PM)
I don't see what you think you have to defend.... I'm just curious at to why you said...

"It all makes sense now"..

What makes sense..?

i thought the "..." implied sarcasm.

Yes, it is fuel to the fire of a stupid argument, but you have to admit on the surface it looks like an excuse to run an 81-win baseball team.

thank you for debunking it.

I know the last thing a sox fan wants to do is defend attendance. Its only the goto argument for the enemy and has nothing to do with baseball.

QUOTE(ZeroHour @ Mar 22, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
i thought the "..." implied sarcasm. 

Yes, it is fuel to the fire of a stupid argument, but you have to admit on the surface it looks like an excuse to run an 81-win baseball team.

thank you for debunking it.

I know the last thing a sox fan wants to do is defend attendance.  Its only the goto argument for the enemy and has nothing to do with baseball.

Green indicates sarcasm.

My apologies if it seemed like I was jumping on you - as interpreted by me from BeGood and mmmmmbeeerrr - as that was not my intention.