Gameday!! Indians vs. White Sox 4-6-05

Capn12

Well, despite the efforts of some to merge my Opening Day Gameday Thread with that banned fellas one, still won the game!!

Will post Lineups when I see em, but lets hope we get to see Freddy give us 6-7 IP and a quality start, with good velocity

:headbang

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White Sox hope 'real' Garcia stands up

Cleveland (0-1) at Chicago (1-0), 1:05 p.m. CT

By Kelly Thesier / Special to MLB.com 

After an Opening Day win over the Indians, the White Sox look to extend their winning streak to two on Wednesday as they continue their opening series with Cleveland.

Wednesday's game will also give the White Sox their first look at Indians starter Kevin Millwood. Millwood spent the last two seasons with the Philadelphia Phillies compiling a 14-12 record with a 4.01 ERA in 35 starts.

Expect more quality pitching from the White Sox staff if Ozzie Guillen's predictions prove true. Guillen said that this season will be the unveiling of the "real" Freddy Garcia. Garcia will try to improve on his 13-11 record and 3.81 ERA from 2004.

With starting pitching being the dominant story of Game 1, the White Sox are looking to improve upon the team's offensive production. Chicago managed only four hits in Monday's game and Aaron Rowand, who had the team's lone RBI, will try to help spark that offensive resurgence.

Pitching matchup

CLE: RHP Kevin Millwood

•9-6, 4.85 ERA in 2004

•Did not face CHI in 2004

•Career debut against CHI

CHI: RHP Freddy Garcia

•13-11, 3.81 ERA in 2004

•1-0, 1.93 in 2004 vs. CLE

•4-3, 3.20 lifetime vs. CLE

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

• Gameday

• Official game notes

Quick hits

Monday's home opener was the first Opening Day at U.S. Cellular Field for the White Sox. The last time the White Sox hosted an Opening Day was in 1990, the final year of Old Comiskey Park. ... For the first time in 14 years, the White Sox lineup did not include Frank Thomas on Opening Day. ... The 1-0 White Sox win marked the fourth time on Opening Day the team has played to that score. The team's shutout of Cleveland was the first time the Indians have been held scoreless on Opening Day since 4/6/92. The win improved the Sox to 8-7 against Cleveland on Opening Day.

On television

• CHI: WGN

• CLE: Fox Sports Net

On radio

• CHI: ESPN Radio 1000

• CLE: WTAM-AM 1100

On deck

• Tuesday, Off-day

• Wednesday, vs. Cleveland, 1:05 p.m. CT

• Thursday, vs. Cleveland, 1:05 p.m. CT

• Friday, at Minnesota, 7:10 p.m. CT

• Saturday, at Minnesota, 6:10 p.m. CT

• Sunday, at Minnesota, 7:05 p.m. CT

IMO Garcia is a guy that needs run support more than Buehrle...I always thought of Garcia as the guy who gives you 7 IP, 2 ER, and some key K's. I think the offense will be there today though, just a feeling.

Millwood = Jon Garland only $3M richer in '05.... and a boatload richer before that.

Well, I somewhat disagree with that. Garland has never had a season close to Millwood's 1999 and 2002 seasons with the Braves. But at this point in Millwood's career and without Leo Mazzone as his pitching coach, he may be no better than Garland as you say.

Edited by Jabroni

Ill be able to catch this one around 3:10ish, so that's good, but still annoying that I won't see the first hour or so. Since Mark finished up Monday in one hour, maybe Freddy can have a nice, slow, first inning, no runs given up -- just a slooooow pace :) .

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
I hate day games during the week.  They're for flubby fans that dont have jobs to go to or lives to live. 

That being said........GO SOX!!!!

:gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosox1:  :gosoxretro:

Or parents to take their on spring break kids to..

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 07:01 AM)
I'll be at work during the game.... :crying

GO SOX!

:gosox1:  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox4:  :gosoxretro:  :headbang

I'll be at work during the game too.

But I'll be watching it since I don't really work. :D :P