Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Ozzie is a f***ing moron. I still don't know how you use all your pitchers...worse part about it, they barely pitched!!! UGH I dont even care about the game anymore, ozzie did something very STUPID.

If Shingo went 1-2-3 in the ninth, you never mention that. Period.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
Dayum.

I'm just tyring to catch up.

Funny thing is a lot of people think i care about my post count even though i have asked for it to be removed. It's not like i wouldn't post here if there wasn't post counts.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
If we were offered 2-1 at the start of the series, I would have taken it. Ozzie cannot make plans in case his closer is giving up 3. No manager can.

That makes too much sense Tex...you know that doesn't work around here :banghead

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Ozzie is a f***ing moron. I still don't know how you use all your pitchers...worse part about it, they barely pitched!!! UGH I dont even care about the game anymore, ozzie did something very STUPID.

Since I missed it -- why the heck did he do that? 1 out for Cotts, Politte, AND Marte? When you have a smaller pen?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Funny thing is a lot of people think i care about my post count even though i have asked for it to be removed. It's not like i wouldn't post here if there wasn't post counts.

Sure, just keep posting spammer

Whether of not you consider this an aberration, Shingo serving up 3 home runs in one inning is unacceptable from a closer.

Does anyone believe Joe Nathan would serve up three home runs, or Juan Rincon would surrender 6 runs?

It disappoints me our teams supposed strength failed today. I'm not jumping off the bridge, however, I'm not discounting these pitiful pitching performances today. Ozzie deserves the blame as well for terrible managing.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
If we were offered 2-1 at the start of the series, I would have taken it. Ozzie cannot make plans in case his closer is giving up 3. No manager can.

True..but i dont see why cotts, pollite and marte all faced 1 batter and were taken out. That is what pisses me off more than the loss. I hated seeing Viz struggle when he was forced into it.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
If Shingo went 1-2-3 in the ninth, you never mention that.  Period.

But he didnt, and he should have been taken out when it was 5-4

Whether of not you consider this an aberration, Shingo serving up 3 home runs in one inning is unacceptable from a closer. 

Does anyone believe Joe Nathan would serve up three home runs, or Juan Rincon would surrender 6 runs?

It disappoints me our teams supposed strength failed today. I'm not jumping off the bridge, however, I'm not discounting these pitiful pitching performances today.  Ozzie deserves the blame as well for terrible managing.

AS Always you rock.. This sums it up..

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Sorry, but I don't want to hear any excuses this year about Ozzie's lack of experience.

The team may be dead now. I put this in green, but I tell you I have my concenrs about the bullpen and our closers. Everyone else seems to think we will be fine. I can only hope.

The funny thing is that everyone ripping on Ozzie for using too many relievers never said a word about it when he made the pitching changes. The fact is that Shingo blew the game. How was Ozzie supposed to forsee that happening? Hindsight is a great thing, isn't it?

Yesterday was a generally bad Sox performance with one good inning.

Today was a generally good Sox performance with 2 very bad innings.

Shoulda lost yesterday, shoulda won today.

Either way, the Sox would still be 2 wins, 1 loss.

It's a disheartening loss, but it's one loss, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Is his name T R U ?  Just joking, man...

No, im not the one whose spamming the f*** out of the site

ah ok, yeah... just joking too

Edited by T R U