Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
At that point the game was over.  Putting Garland in probably would have been a waste.  He just sacrificed Vizcaino.

but thats a s***ty thing to do, especially when Viz is a much better pitcher than that... i dunno ozzie just pissed me off today

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
And I'm sure everyone loves you.  Should I go find that quote of you asking when the Cubs play?  You are the ultimate fair-weather fan.

He was kidding... :headshake

BTW, I love T R U

At that point the game was over.  Putting Garland in probably would have been a waste.  He just sacrificed Vizcaino.

Bases loaded 1 out, Garland a ground ball pitcher though as Qwerty pointed out not much of one. I still think Ozzie should have given it a go.

especially since now Viz has that big ole "L" that he really doesn't deserve. Shingo blew it. Not Viz.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Cotts was shaky as hell, remember?  He put runners at the corners.  Politte would have had to face Hafner, a power lefty.  Where were you, man?

Stuck in class. Would have accessed the chat room but I'm unable to load JAVA.

Glancing over the box score, which was my only indication of how well Cotts pitched, it didn't appear he did poorly.

Anways, what's the difference? Sabermetric fans do this as well. :P

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
And I'm sure everyone loves you.  Should I go find that quote of you asking when the Cubs play?  You are the ultimate fair-weather fan.

lolerz

if you were in the chat yesterday you would have gotten that joke

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
I agree Fathom brought up the only situation I hadn't thought of.

although technically since marte is a "set up" man wouldnt it make more sense to bring in Hermanson in the 7th? I don't know... 3 runs just isnt really a huge cushion and to pull what ozzie pulled was just a big mistake.

Hermanson, Marte, Shingo... what it should have been... regardless we still get the loss tho so this is really a moot point. (cept for Viz's sake)

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
Trying to get a rise out of people during a depressing loss is a great trolling technique.  Great job!

Jabroni, I didnt think this would ever get out in the open.. but you are right..

I am a troll... I am a Cubs fan... I hail from CubsTalk.com... I was sent on assignment here 3 years ago to spy on the Sox fans.. but now, I shall leave.. since I have been figured out

QUOTE(T R U @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Jabroni, I didnt think this would ever get out in the open.. but you are right..

I am a troll... I am a Cubs fan... I hail from CubsTalk.com... I was sent on assignment here 3 years ago to spy on the Sox fans.. but now, I shall leave.. since I have been figured out

CURSES!!

to think i never saw it coming... damn you T R U, damn you.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
I don't think Oz has a great deal of confidence in Marte.  I can't blame him either.

I can. Marte has established himself. Just because last year he wasn't absurdly good, like the year before, doesn't mean for a second that he's not still an excellent reliever.

Well, why would you want to get a rise out of people after a depressing loss like that?

QUOTE(Reddy @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
CURSES!! 

to think i never saw it coming...  damn you T R U, damn you.

Im sorry, Ive got my Nomar jersey on right now.. Ive got an actual piece of the wrigley ivy in a preserved case on my dresser.. I just love the Cubs...

CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!

Guest WhiteSox2005MB
Im sorry, Ive got my Nomar jersey on right now.. Ive got an actual piece of the wrigley ivy in a preserved case on my dresser.. I just love the Cubs...

CUBS WIN!!! CUBS WIN!!!

Your funny. :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
Well, why would you want to get a rise out of people after a depressing loss like that?

How bout the fact that people were b****ing at eachother, why be pissed off about it.. All everyone was doing was starting to fight

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)

is it a huge deal? in half an hour you'll have gone on with your life and forgotten about this... and by tomorrow you'll have forgotten the loss too. so chill dude.