Sox vs Tribe 4-7-2005 game thread.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest beef with the way Ozzie used the relievers was how he put Cotts and Politte in for the 7th inning, and then only used Marte for 1 batter. Cotts and Politte are below average pitchers, and they should not be used in a competitive game in which you're leading.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Come on, you moreso than anyone should know how bad that trip out of the parking lot and to the highway is. :P

Don't I know it.. but I'd be in the BPB right now... never ever leave the game unless the rain delay is greater than 4 hours on a weeknight. :lol:

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Not ready to panic about Shingo yet, but Japanese pitchers lose it very quickly because of the insane amount of pitches they throw growing up in Japanese baseball.

Just.Wow.

f*** people. IT'S ONE GAME.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
No, that is exactly what stupid Yankees fans did to Mariano Rivera.

And they should when a guy blows 2 saves in a row against their rival. When you are making 7 and 8 digits like most of these guys are, it's what have you done for me lately. I'm not saying I don't like Shingo, etc., but come on s*** is s***. Face it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 7, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
My biggest beef with the way Ozzie used the relievers was how he put Cotts and Politte in for the 7th inning, and then only used Marte for 1 batter.  Cotts and Politte are below average pitchers, and they should not be used in a competitive game in which you're leading.

You always try to keep a long reliever(Cotts) for just this situation. But what can you do.

Positives: The Sox did some real nice things with the stick today. Contreras pitched his "dark, sweaty" balls off, and the rest of the bullpen guys looked crisp.

Negatives: We take a L on the season, question both Ozzie and Shingo, and wear out one of the best arms in the pen.

Ah yes, I see were are in mid-season form.

One game folks, not the end of the world. On to Minny!