Sox vs. Hostess Cakes: 4/8/05 Game Thread

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 06:37 PM)
I know Ozzie is giving Iguchi a rest but do you guys think Willie's small sample size of at bats against Lohse had anything to do with it?

Willie vs. Lohse

14 AB

.286 AVG

.375 OBP

4 Hits (all singles)

2 BB

1 SO

:huh

What we've learned from these numbers is WH>PK... Willie should bat clean-up and Pauly 9th.. :P

Well Ozzie better have a good idea. Iguchi is hitting .364 and has looked great the past two days, while rowand, everett, crede and Uribe are in there even though they have been sucking bigtime.

Why the hell take Iguchi out for one of our worst hitters?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
Iguchi getting the night off

Chicago White Sox

1. Podsednik, LF

2. Harris, 2B

3. Everett, DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Dye, RF

6. Rowand, CF

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Crede, 3B

9. Uribe, SS

Minnesota Twins

1. Stewart, LF

2. Bartlett, SS

3. Mauer, C

4. LeCroy, 1B

5. Hunter, CF

6. Jones, RF

7. Ford, DH

8. Cuddyer, 3B

9. Rivas, 2B

How did you find this so early? It would've come in handy for my fantasy teams if I had read this earlier.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
Well Ozzie better have a good idea. Iguchi is hitting .364 and has looked great the past two days, while rowand, everett, crede and Uribe are in there even though they have been sucking bigtime.

Why the hell take Iguchi out for one of our worst hitters?

Cause willie can hit righties fine. We lose very little if anything when willie faces a right hander. Not many will agree but i do not care.

How did you find this so early?  It would've come in handy for my fantasy teams if I had read this earlier.

Lineups are announced on ESPN 1000 prior to the game. Also, the MLB.com GameCast has it listed early.

By the way, no Justin Morneau is nice.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
Lineups are announced on ESPN 1000 prior to the game.  Also, the MLB.com GameCast has it listed early.

By the way, no Justin Morneau is nice.

Thanks. Is Morneau expected to play this series?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
My point is why take Iguchi out when he has been better than anybody in the lineup the past two days, other than maybe AJ or Paul

The only reason I would agree with you here has to do with the carpet. Iggy is used to playing on the turf, and would probably be less of a defensive liability than he is right now on grass.

I might have given him the day off vs. Cy Santana in a couple days, in favor of more of a contact hitter in Ozuna...

I'm not really interested in criticizing every line-up and bullpen move at this point in the season. Ozzie is still learning what some of these guys can and can't do.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
The only reason I would agree with you here has to do with the carpet.  Iggy is used to playing on the turf, and would probably be less of a defensive liability than he is right now on grass.

I might have given him the day off vs. Cy Santana in a couple days, in favor of more of a contact hitter in Ozuna...

I'm not really interested in criticizing every line-up and bullpen move at this point in the season.  Ozzie is still learning what some of these guys can and can't do.

I agree with everything u say, and I'm not one who jumps on ozzie for his moves like the bullpend yesterday. Even staying with crede tonight is fine by me. But to take out a hot hitter, and replace him with Willie, just doesn't make sense.

And the turf doesn't even make a big difference to me because Iguchi showed that he can play the field this week. It's not a real big deal i suppose. Just kind of seems like he is blaming Iguchi for something by taking only him out while he is hot and leaving in the struggling players in a big series.

Who knows.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Your favorite presentation is going well beyond 10 minutes...

I dont mind it either. If someone in the sox organization died I would want him to have a rememberance presentation.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Your favorite presentation is going well beyond 10 minutes...

Well you went right byt the smiley. Did i ever once say that it is my favorite presentation? No. If someone that has been with the white sox orginization for 44 years died it would be the same way. Get over it.