Do the Bulls really need Eddy next year?

A chandler/dalembert front court is better than a curry/chandler front court.

I am also very scared about signing curry to a crazy deal and have him die on us. I mean come on he has heart problems at the age of 22? Not a good sign if you ask me. I an sure we will definitely have insurance on him if and when we resign him.

Edited by qwerty

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)

I am also very scared about signing curry to a crazy deal and have him die on us. I mean come on he has heart problems at the age of 22? Not a good sign if you ask me. I an sure we will definitely have insurance on him if and when we resign him.

The same Sam Dalembert who was being benched by the 76ers, earlier this year?? Hell no. Chandler does everything he does and is better at it. Dalembert and Chandler would just get in each other's way and that would equal no offense. I understand defense is important, but offense is important as well. Many other players have had heart problems. In fact, two pretty good players(can't remember names, but it was noted on the radio had irregular heartbeats and they were nothing more than a simple complication.

Dalembert

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
The same Sam Dalembert who was being benched by the 76ers, earlier this year?? Hell no. Chandler does everything he does and is better at it. Dalembert and Chandler would just get in each other's way and that would equal no offense. I understand defense is important, but offense is important as well. Many other players have had heart problems. In fact, two pretty good players(can't remember names, but it was noted on the radio had irregular heartbeats and they were nothing more than a simple complication.

Dalembert

:cheers

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)

Die on us? Thats really shallow, even from you. This is a f***en Human being dude. Thats f***ed up if all you worry is him dying on us for a salary cap point of view.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)

Dalembert

Yes, the same dalembert that was benched because his coach is a complete imbecile and cannot throw out a good rotation to save his life.

I know one of the other you are talking about is swift who's irregualr heart beat is very serious at the moment.

Too many people overated an awesome scorer over a player that can do everything well. Tyson could drop 15 a night if we go by his recent playing time which is what he should be getting... 30+. Dalambert is worse at one thing compared to dalembert and that is scoring. Dalembert will also be a complete f***ing steal compared to the nasty contract curry we get.

What are you afraid that dalembert and chandler would steal each others rebounds and blocks? Hardly.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
Die on us? Thats really shallow, even from you. This is a f***en Human being dude. Thats f***ed up if all you worry is him dying on us for  a salary cap point of view.

Shallow? You kidding me? You don't think gm's around the league are thinking the same thing? If you don't think so... wow.

For all of you that just laugh at what i say how about backing something up, eh? Clearly unless curry suddenly becomes a defensive force dalembert is clearly the better bargain and better for us in the long run.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
That may have been too deep for me to understand. :unsure:

Some sort of internal battle?    :lol:

So you find a typo and respond to nothing else because you know it is the truth?

Typical.

*Waiting for a dumb ass remark*.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
So you find a typo and respond to nothing else because you know it is the truth?

Typical.

*Waiting for a dumb ass remark*.

Just teasing. No harm intended.

Look at my original post on here. That about sums up my feelings.

Edit: Actually, I'll repeat it. I think it'll turn out like maggs. We'll make a solid offer and he and his agent will want more. He's not worth the health risk, so he leaves.

No need to get your panties in a bunch... :P

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 10, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)

Dalembert

You can thank Jim O' Brien for that benching, simply because they had Marc Jackson to hit the mid range jumper. Now Dalembert has started like the past 30 to 40 games, and puts up double - doubles almost every night. You put Dalembert and Chandler together and teams won't want to drive inside against the Bulls, they'll have to settle for outside shots all night long, and with Kirk, Deng etc on the perimeter, the Bulls will be better. Detroit have shown you don't need your C and PF to be great scorers to be sucessful in this league.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 08:10 PM)
You can thank Jim O' Brien for that benching, simply because they had Marc Jackson to hit the mid range jumper. Now Dalembert has started like the past 30 to 40 games, and puts up double - doubles almost every night. You put Dalembert and Chandler together and teams won't want to drive inside against the Bulls, they'll have to settle for outside shots all night long, and with Kirk, Deng etc on the perimeter, the Bulls will be better. Detroit have shown you don't need your C and PF to be great scorers to be sucessful in this league.

And I seem to remember the Sixers doing pretty good when he was on the bench. Dalembert does the exact same thing that Chandler does. Catch alley-oops, and dunks for offense. There is no offensive skill set there. Wanna argue that, try going to RealGM. You'll get laughed at big time. Dally is a good defensive player, but you don't need two. Will teams be afraid to drive??? Probably not. Will teams be able to double our guards??? Yes, because there will be no low post presence to be scared of. Curry gets the job done whether you want to admit it or not. Your outside will not always fall in, especially for this Bulls team who's starting backcourt shoots around 35%. Imagine that with them getting worse looks??? Probably around 32%.

Curry is a better player than Dally. Just because you don't want to pay him the big bucks is just stupid not to have a player, especially a top 4 Center(at least statistically) in the league. You have to pay him. He's only 22 and is averaging around 16ppg and that's not because he can't average more, that's because he like the rest of the team shares the ball.

And Rasheed Wallace wasn't or is a great scorer??? Are you freaking kidding me??? There's a reason why he was a big acquisition. He can post up anyone in the league and he could step out and shoot the three. Brown just has him, like the rest, share the ball. Detroit has a great scoring PF and a C who gets his points off of rebounds and dunks. Curry is the 'Sheed and Chandler is the Big Ben.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
And I seem to remember the Sixers doing pretty good when he was on the bench. Dalembert does the exact same thing that Chandler does. Catch alley-oops, and dunks for offense. There is no offensive skill set there. Wanna argue that, try going to RealGM. You'll get laughed at big time. Dally is a good defensive player, but you don't need two. Will teams be afraid to drive??? Probably not. Will teams be able to double our guards??? Yes, because there will be no low post presence to be scared of. Curry gets the job done whether you want to admit it or not. Your outside will not always fall in, especially for this Bulls team who's starting backcourt shoots around 35%. Imagine that with them getting worse looks??? Probably around 32%.

Curry is a better player than Dally. Just because you don't want to pay him the big bucks is just stupid not to have a player, especially a top 4 Center(at least statistically) in the league. You have to pay him. He's only 22 and is averaging around 16ppg and that's not because he can't average more, that's because he like the rest of the team shares the ball.

And Rasheed Wallace wasn't or is a great scorer??? Are you freaking kidding me??? There's a reason why he was a big acquisition. He can post up anyone in the league and he could step out and shoot the three. Brown just has him, like the rest, share the ball. Detroit has a great scoring PF and a C who gets his points off of rebounds and dunks. Curry is the 'Sheed and Chandler is the Big Ben.

Great post. I agree.

My only concern now is health, but they obviously need to have every necessary test to leave no doubt in their minds if they're gonna pay the big bucks...

Your thoughts on duhon being a better pg than Kirk? :unsure: