Minor tweak for the lineup

Allsox

I say switch Dye with Rowand....At least Aaron's putting the ball into play and Dye isn't doing much of anything right now....If Dye's still hitting below .200 when Frank's ready, drop Dye outta the lineup and put Carl out in RF....I know Jermaine's hit a couple of clutch HRs but the 5 hitter can't keep going 0 - 4....Whatcha guys think?

QUOTE(Allsox @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
I say switch Dye with Rowand....At least Aaron's putting the ball into play and Dye isn't doing much of anything right now....If Dye's still hitting below .200 when Frank's ready, drop Dye outta the lineup and put Carl out in RF....I know Jermaine's hit a couple of clutch HRs but the 5 hitter can't keep going 0 - 4....Whatcha guys think?

No no no.. Carl does NOT need to be playing the field unless its a dire emergency. The last time he played out there proved that.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)

I suggested something like this in spring training. I envisioned Carl having too good of a bat to simply share with Frank. I thought the most likely way he would get into the lineup more often would be IF Jermaine was struggling. They could share right depending on the righty-lefty matchup. I wouldn't keep him out of the outfield because of the danger of injury. If that were the case, Rowand would have to lifted as well. The more he plays, the more fine tuned he will be to get good jumps and reads on flyballs. I don't think his skillset is quite up to Dye's in a defensive sense, but it could still make sense depending on the pitching matchup.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
I suggested something like this in spring training.  I envisioned Carl having too good of a bat to simply share with Frank.  I thought the most likely way he would get into the lineup more often would be IF Jermaine was struggling.  They could share right depending on the righty-lefty matchup.  I wouldn't keep him out of the outfield because of the danger of injury.  If that were the case, Rowand would have to lifted as well.  The more he plays, the more fine tuned he will be to get good jumps and reads on flyballs.  I don't think his skillset is quite up to Dye's in a defensive sense, but it could still make sense depending on the pitching matchup.

Yeah, Everett's going to have to play the OF this year. We're going to need his bat when Thomas gets back, and Thomas isn't playing anywhere in the field.

We are 8-4. Why switch the whole order around?! We've been taking 2 out of 3 from every series.

I say leave the order the way it is. Sure we may be winning a lot of low-scoring games, but that's what this team was built to do. I say leave the line-up alone until Frank comes back.

CWSOX45

Agreed...

LF Podsednik (when healthy; hopefully tomorrow)

2B Iguchi

DH Everett

1B Konerko

CF Rowand

RF Dye

C Pierzynski

3B Crede

SS Uribe

The only tweak in the lineup is that, when Timo plays LF, he should NOT be leading off. Timo is NOT a leadoff guy (I would've played Ozuna over him today anyways, but that's another story). Ozzie should move his lineup around based on the actual players in the lineup instead of having the same lineup every day based on their positions.

Rowand hasn't earned a move up in the order, in fact no one has. I say that no changes should really be made until we see a bit more. I don't think our lineup will really have its defined roles until late June when The big man is back and we know what we have in Row-Dye. Also, it's too bad that AJ has been such a disappointment at the plate because he would have been a guy you could hit 3 or 5 but he's continued to not hit as well as he did a few eyars ago.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 17, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Also, it's too bad that AJ has been such a disappointment at the plate because he would have been a guy you could hit 3 or 5 but he's continued to not hit as well as he did a few eyars ago.

Don't worry about Pierzynski. AJ has always been a slow starter. He'll be just as productive at the plate this year as always.

Rowand hasn't earned a move up in the order, in fact no one has. I say that no changes should really be made until we see a bit more. I don't think our lineup will really have its defined roles until late June when The big man is back and we know what we have in Row-Dye. Also, it's too bad that AJ has been such a disappointment at the plate because he would have been a guy you could hit 3 or 5 but he's continued to not hit as well as he did a few eyars ago.

Once Frank is back, Carl will have to stay in the lineup somehow. He is tearing it up. Maybe start Dye against lefties and Carl against righties.