Sox @ A's 4-27-05

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
We do taht and we have some serious problems.

Might want to reconsider, no matter how mad you are.

It doesn't matter with this crew, its a repeated occurence. They blow...MLB better get a memo or something. If I'm the Sox I'd b**** and moan to MLB because something should be done. Its obvious they have really blown this game. There was that call on 1st earlier today and a few calls yesterday asides from this ridiculous bulls*** call last inning.

Sox should still have won this game aside from the umps (actually both games) but still umps aren't supposed to be a factor in the final outcome. Iu nderstand mistakes, but this is just ridiculous.

I should add,I was merely joking...although I think they deserve to be fined or suspended for calling the game the way they have. Umps can make errors, but this is just ridiculous.

You know what sucks. If we lose this game, everyone will blame it solely on the umpires, and nothing else. Instead of neglecting the awful offensive execution we've had, I bet Ozzie will make it sound like we would have won 10-1 if not for Hunter and crew.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
You know what sucks.  If we lose this game, everyone will blame it solely on the umpires, and nothing else.  Instead of neglecting the awful offensive execution we've had, I bet Ozzie will make it sound like we would have won 10-1 if not for Hunter and crew.

I've pointed out...that the umps have sucked ass and effected this game, but aside from that it should of never gotten to that point (in either game). The Sox should of won both games and failed to execute and do the little things.

Its there own damn fault, still MLB should take some action with this crew. Blown calls are understandable, but this has been more than just a few blown calls (I understand umps are human).

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
You know what sucks.  If we lose this game, everyone will blame it solely on the umpires, and nothing else.  Instead of neglecting the awful offensive execution we've had, I bet Ozzie will make it sound like we would have won 10-1 if not for Hunter and crew.

you like to piss in peoples corn flakes, don't you?

Crede definitely dropped his elbow into the pitch. In the spirit of the rule, the umpire probably was correct, but that is never called, especially 2 feet in the box. Ozzie got run because he started talking to Wendelstedt like he was Magglio, I could hear it on the Comcast. The thing I don't understand is Wendlestedt then can say whatever he wants to Ozzie after tossing him. Its BS. Crede got run because when he popped up he turned and said the magic words. Not smart. You have to know Wendelstedt is going to do everything within his power to show Ozzie who has the upper hand.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
It doesn't matter with this crew, its a repeated occurence.  They blow...MLB better get a memo or something.  If I'm the Sox I'd b**** and moan to MLB because something should be done.  Its obvious they have really blown this game. There was that call on 1st earlier today and a few calls yesterday asides from this ridiculous bulls*** call last inning.

Sox should still have won this game aside from the umps (actually both games) but still umps aren't supposed to be a factor in the final outcome.  Iu nderstand mistakes, but this is just ridiculous.

I should add,I was merely joking...although I think they deserve to be fined or suspended for calling the game the way they have.  Umps can make errors, but this is just ridiculous.

I'm right there with you, and action will be taken, this bulls*** crew will see something from the league.

I just don't know how serious everyone is here. Seriously, if you pulled the "throw at the ump" thing, i don't even want to know what the suspensions would look like.

And, you'd be marked by EVERY umpire in the league.

Jas i give you more credit than coming up with what you said, so i kinda realized you were joking...but some people probly think that's actually a good idea.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
Crede definitely dropped his elbow into the pitch. In the spirit of the rule, the umpire probably was correct, but that is never called, especially 2 feet in the box. Ozzie got run because he started talking to Wendelstedt like he was Magglio, I could hear it on the Comcast. The thing I don't understand is Wendlestedt then can say whatever he wants to Ozzie after tossing him. Its BS. Crede got run because when he popped up he turned and said the magic words. Not smart. You have to know Wendelstedt is going to do everything within his power to show Ozzie who has the upper hand.

Ya, Ozzie and Crede both dropped some obscinities.