Baj ERA Watch

Heads22

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ May 4, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Baj,

Any chance you can throw half this good left handed?  If so I'll take it over Cotts.

What is it about Cotts 3.00 ERA that bothers you? Because that is stellar.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 8, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
I wouldnt mind Baj being the one called up when Pedro Lopez goes down, because you have to think that ozuna will be ready to play soon and than there is no need for lopez.

I would love to have another bullpen arm to come up just to help us during the cuban connection starts. Baj definitely deserves a shot.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 9, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
Yeah, Baj was great with us when he was called up last season

Until he shows anything even close to being decent on the ML level I am not getting my hopes up on a minor league ERA

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually agree with you.

He's looked like A-ball fodder to me. If there's a taker, trade him and get something of value.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 9, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually agree with you.

He's looked like A-ball fodder to me.  If there's a taker, trade him and get something of value.

Why cant you believe your gonna agree with me?

QUOTE(T R U @ May 9, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)

Until he shows anything even close to being decent on the ML level I am not getting my hopes up on a minor league ERA

No offense here T R U but I know you dont get to watch a ton of games and Baj's stats were very misleading, there were barely any hard hit balls off of him, a lot of bad luck.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)

I feel the same way, but he's worth giving a second chance with those kind of numbers.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 9, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)

I could go back and dig up tons of player stats showing bad September's and even awful years of pitchers who went on to be studs, but I doubt it would make a difference...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
I could go back and dig up tons of player stats showing bad September's and even awful years of pitchers who went on to be studs, but I doubt it would make a difference...

And it wasn't just Baj who bombed in September either. IIRC Arnie Munoz didn't exactly do a great job then either, and some of us were putting him forward as a possible LOOGY guy for our pen this season in the off-season. Right now Baj would probably make some of the major league bullpens.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
im just saying...

most people have a love fest for him because he posts here, I just dont think he will ever be a good ML pitcher..

And he might not. But for people to base that off of just 25 days in the majors, and throwing out what he has done in the minors, is just retarded.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
And he might not.  But for people to base that off of just 25 days in the majors, and throwing out what he has done in the minors, is just retarded.

Well then I guess we just have a difference of opinion, but if he does become a solid ML for our team I will gladly admit I was wrong

QUOTE(T R U @ May 10, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
im just saying...

most people have a love fest for him because he posts here, I just dont think he will ever be a good ML pitcher..

I'm not sure lovefest is the right word, but I like him because he is one of the most humble, classiest players I have ever met. And he is very talented. Some guys, whether they make it big in the Majors or not are worth rooting for.