Game Thread 5-5-05 Sox .vs. Kansas Shitty

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 4, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)
lets get this win guys and make sure you have good game updates because i will be at school :banghead

Another day game during the week. I'll miss most of it. If I'm lucky I'll catch the second half of the game over my lunch hour.

Pinned, for your pleasure...

I'll try to give some pbp, as I'll be at work early enough to catch most of it from here tomorrow.

Its time to give Contreras his first win of the season guys.

:headbang

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Pinned, for your pleasure...

I'll try to give some pbp, as I'll be at work early enough to catch most of it from here tomorrow.

Its time to give Contreras his first win of the season guys.

:headbang

I was about to say that he really deserves at least one win. They guy has pitched his ass off. Let's get him his first of the season.

Last time out against our Pale Hose, Greinke looked real solid:

7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 Ks

This guy has some good stuff, if he was on a team that was worth half a damn, he'd have 2-3 wins IMO.

Luckily we have Contreras on teh bump for us. Against KC his last time out:

3.1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 Ks

Jose was pitching well in that game in KC before the injury, letse hope he can keep the walks down to a minimum, and get that well deserved first win of 2005

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 4, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Jose was pitching well in that game in KC before the injury, letse hope he can keep the walks down to a minimum, and get that well deserved first win of 2005

This is Kansas s***ty we're talking about here. We're gonna destroy these sorry bastards.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:50 AM)
This is Kansas s***ty we're talking about here.  We're gonna destroy these sorry bastards.

Is there something wrong with just writing down Kansas City? And we havent exactly destroyed them so far in this series and their best pitcher is on the mound tommorow vs probably our worse... should be a good game.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/r...20050504_KC@CHW

CHICAGO -- After a 4-2 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night, Kansas City Royals manager Tony Pena screamed at his players behind closed doors in the clubhouse.

A.J. Pierzynski hit a two-run homer to help the White Sox to fourth consecutive win overall and fifth in a row over the Royals.

While Chicago improved the best record in the major leagues to 20-7, the last-place Royals lost for the 14th time in 17 games and dropped to 7-20 despite outhitting the White Sox 9-6.

"I'm not happy," said Pena, whose yelling could be heard from outside the clubhouse. "It's not the effort, they give me effort. I just see something that don't like."

QUOTE(Steff @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:10 AM)
Soo... I'm home today because I have wedding stuff to finish up...

Goto the game :whichway  finalize dinner and flowers...

:lol:

Are you kidding me?? of course the Game!! The wedding can wait a few hours hehe :bang :banghead

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Are you kidding me?? of course the Game!! The wedding can wait a few hours hehe  :bang  :banghead

That's what I'm thinking.. but I'll only be able to be there for max 4 innings... decisions, decisions... :banghead

QUOTE(Steff @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:10 AM)
Soo... I'm home today because I have wedding stuff to finish up...

Goto the game :whichway  finalize dinner and flowers...

:lol:

Points for finding an effective way to use mr. unsure... :P

GO TO THE GAME!!!

b/c i have to WORK, and three staff accts called in sick today! :banghead :banghead :banghead

Go SOX!!

QUOTE(Steff @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
That's what I'm thinking.. but I'll only be able to be there for max 4 innings... decisions, decisions...  :banghead

Yeah you say that now...but once the game gets rolling... you won't want to leave!!...Oh wait thats not helping is it?? :P

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
Yeah you say that now...but once the game gets rolling... you won't want to leave!!...Oh wait thats not helping is it??  :P

Oh.. I'll have to leave.. or I'll have to deal with my grama. You do NOT want to mess with a 75 year old Italian woman by getting between her and her gravy... ;)