Trade w NSiders

JUGGERNAUT

Would you trade Shingo + Koney for Lee?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Shingo + Koney for Lee?

• YES
    • NO
    • OTHER (Cub trade)

Hawkins is easily one of the most surly bastards out there. I would not tkae him in the scenerio that Dick allen presented. Talking about this is just filling gap time till game time.

Exactly. Would anyone want to hear about this guy b****ing about talking to the media if he blew a game for us? Koch may have sucked ass, but at least he owned up to his sucking and felt bad for disappointing his team and Sox fans. LaChoke does nothing but run and hide after he chokes a game away. Pitiful.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
I would trade Shingo and Kong for Dlee and Hawkins... i would trade them for just Dlee,  Im sick of hearing all this Konerko is a our leader crap... You can be a leader all you want but when your hitting .190 your not helping your team.  Derrick Lee would rejunivate our offense not to mention bring a great glove at 1st,  Shingo would probably pitch really well in the NL too since most teams havent seen him.

Yes it would help the cubs out,  but dont forget Derrick Lee was the one who got them in the position to win in the 1st place, so w/out him there would be no hawkins talk anyway.

And when lee cools down, hawkins is f***ing up team chemistry and blowing leads, and Hermy (hypothetically) possibly gets injured or goes through a bad stretch?

Giving up on Paulie AND Shingo is a bad idea at this point, in my opinion...

QUOTE(quickman @ May 6, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
I just got done hearing a dumb cub fan on am 1000 ask why don't the Cubs trade hawkins to the sox for Marte. I will correlate this suggesion with that one.

Yeah, that's just stupid. I wouldn't mind getting Hawkins, but you're not getting anymore than Adkins or Cotts for him. Seriously, Cub fans have to be stupid if they think that could work straight up.

Ok after reading this thread, I would have to say, if a deal made sense, as Sox fans, you have to stop thinking about "Oh, why help the Cubs??" That's just stupid thinking. If the Cubs had Carlos Beltran and they wanted Aaron Rowand and Shingo, some stupid people in here would say no because the Cubs are the trading partner. You shouldn't act stupid like that. I could understand if they suggest a stupid trade, but not if it's Lee and Hawkins for a PK(who I don't think is a leader anymore than anyone else who has been here since 2001) I would think about. I think the leader is Ozzie Guillen in this locker room. In Manuel's I would say it was PK.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ May 6, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
The Cubs just lost 3-2 in the 9th.  Again.  Hawkins blew another save opp.

The season is falling apart for the Cub because they have no closer & a weak bullpen.

On the S Side it's the opposite.  The Sox have 3 guys who are probably just as good as the next to close in Hermanson & Marte. But the S Side has a struggling Konerko in his last yr before FA.  D Lee would give the Sox a bonified run producer & good defender at 1B for the next couple of years.  All at a reasonable price below Koney's. 

Getting Shingo would allow the Cubs to then entertain trades with the NYY"s to get rid of Hawkins.  The Cubs might be able to do a Hawkins for Karsay trade.  Both had far greater success in their former leagues.

Marketing wise the WSox would be giving up a player they built a theme around.

Not an easy thing to do.  But D Lee could make his own name on S Side as well.

If the Cub think D Lee is worth more than Shingo + Koney then they can keep him & keep their losing ways as well.

guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue :bang

QUOTE(JimH @ May 6, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
I actually know a guy in Naperville who might be at his surly level. :D

I thought everyone in Naperville drank white wine with thier pinky out and were Flubs fans. Oh, that may be why he is surly

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 6, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
I would trade Shingo and Kong for Dlee and Hawkins... i would trade them for just Dlee,  Im sick of hearing all this Konerko is a our leader crap... You can be a leader all you want but when your hitting .190 your not helping your team.  Derrick Lee would rejunivate our offense not to mention bring a great glove at 1st,  Shingo would probably pitch really well in the NL too since most teams havent seen him.

Yes it would help the cubs out,  but dont forget Derrick Lee was the one who got them in the position to win in the 1st place, so w/out him there would be no hawkins talk anyway.

This is kinda silly. Do you really think Konerko will hit .190 the whole season? Do you really think D Lee is going to hit .410 the whole season? I am guessing both players will hit around the same when all is said and done. So you will be trading someone who is going to be playing his best baseball later in the season for someone who already has played his best baseball already this season. That just doesn't make sense to me.

P.S. a great glove at first is highly overrated.

Edited by southsideirish

Shingo for Lee ... in a heartbeat.

Shingo and PK for Lee ... probably not, at this point in time.

Shingo and PK for Lee and Hawkins .... I'd pull the trigger on this *

Marte for Hawkins .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

* Hawkins may be a surly SOB, but I'd still do this trade. I like Lee's game and PK has a whole s***load of ????? right now. Will he break out of it, of will this be 2003 reduex? Can we, and do we want to resign him? Will his hip take a turn for the worse. As far as Hawkins, getting him out of Cubby blue and back in the AL where he has excelled before may be just what he needs. Having AJ around as his catcher is also a plus. Again, more familiarity. Hermanson as closer, with Hawkins and Marte as setup sounds pretty damn good to me.

I wouldn't make the trade as of right now...that is a guaranteed fact. You don't f*** with something that is so good.

But if the Sox offense continued to suck complete ass, and the pitching started to slowly fall apart, you have to atleast entertain the offer. Maybe get the Cubs to throw in a decent pitching prospect(not Brownlie or Pie or whatever other desserts they have that are like top notch), and I would probably have to make it. This is of course assuming Shingo does not come out of his funk, which I think he will.

You do that, and you have one of the most underrated 1Bman in the league for a couple more years(consider that DLee can do just about everything PK can do - hit for power, catch almost every ball hit and thrown at him, draw walks, even though I believe Lee does it better, hit in the clutch - plus more, including being a GG 1Bman and having speed).

Of course, I would make goddamn sure that I have another trade ready to go, that being for a reliever...be it Hawkins in the trade with the Cubs picking up some money, or for a stud like Billy Wagner, or be it just picking up a reliable arm that will get the job done for a little bit, like Karsay/Flash/whoever else the Yankees have in that pen that is not doing so hawt. If you get rid of one of your decent relievers, you need to have another in the pen like a second after the first one is moved, even if you only have him for a week or so.

Flash has been horrid so far.  He might be done.  And Karsay, wasn't he recently designated for assignment?

Yep...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5114/news

May 4 Add Florida to the list of teams interested in Karsay, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.

Recommendation: The Marlins' battered bullpen could use another arm. The Yankees have until next Thursday to trade or release Karsay, or outright him to the minors, and may be willing to eat most of what's left on his contract ($4.2 million, plus a buyout option) if they get a decent prospect in return.

Edited by Jabroni