Sox @ Poo Jays (5/7 @ 12:07 p.m. CT | TV: WGN)

Jabroni

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
On the sac fly to Pods he tagged up and went into 3rd, he got in there but if he's thrown out then that run might not have scored, plus there's no reason to tag up into 3rd with 2 out.

Exactly. If the runner trying to score was just jogging in, that could have cost a run. Very bonehead play.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garland was bound to have an off-day eventually. It happens to the best of them. Good thing is that he's still in line for his sixth win of the season and his ERA is still only 2.25.

Bad news is that I'm still not confident with a 5-run lead with Cotts on the mound. And who knows, Ozzie might send Garland back out there. He's done stranger things.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Garland was bound to have an off-day eventually.  It happens to the best of them.  Good thing is that he's still in line for his sixth win of the season and his ERA is still only 2.25.

Bad news is that I'm still not confident with a 5-run lead with Cotts on the mound.  And who knows, Ozzie might send Garland back out there.  He's done stranger things.

He might ... but he'll have a short leash.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Jon departs, rough outing.  His next start is going to be big to see how he can bounce back from his first tough start of this year.

I was really hoping he would just have a 1-2-3 inning and leave on a positive note, but he gives up a homer to Russ Adams (?!).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 7, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Jon departs, rough outing.  His next start is going to be big to see how he can bounce back from his first tough start of this year.

That's part of the maturing process. He'll learn how not to ease up with a big lead. Jon's on his way to becoming a stud.