Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
From my viewpoint, it's because people try to hit a grand slam instead of just trying to hit a sac fly or hit a liner somewhere.  Timo had some good pitches to hit there, but he swung out of his ass......again.

Pull baseball son. You fell over sriking out, you will get dem next time.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Even if Frank gets healthy we better upgrade one other position offensively. I would have to say 3B if Crede shows his earlier streak was a fluke

Joe is pushing .300 now, with stellar defense.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
Even if Frank gets healthy we better upgrade one other position offensively. I would have to say 3B if Crede shows his earlier streak was a fluke

Sorry, but Crede's not going anywhere. He's cheap, plays good defensive, and is hitting near .300 right now. He's one of the last players on our team I think deserves to be in hot water (even though I'm sick of the weak pop ups he hits).

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
El Duque is at 85 pitches. This better be his last at bat since we need to keep him injury free

Give Botch, Vizcaino and Walker the 7/8/9 unless hell breaks loose in one of them

what, please no, not that order

Honest question:

Why can't a 1B play the 3B position? After all they do play that position against the left handed hitter ....

My logic is if we could send Paulie to 3B, then we can have Frank play 1B and Carl as DH and send Crede's ass to the bench only to play late in games as defensive replacement for Frank (Crede goes to 3B and Paulie moves back to 1B)

Just a thought....

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
On a lighter note, Santana has got beyoned the 3rd with the lead.  He is, predictably, starting to heat it up. :headshake

How's Sidney doing..?

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
Timo has been up 3 times this season in which he simply needed to make contact, and he has failed each time.  He's a piece of s***.

I'm sick of this guy...he should never play...what about Brian Anderson? Or do we want him to play everyday in the minors? Timo batting leadoff? What gives Ozzie? :bang

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
El Duque is at 85 pitches. This better be his last at bat since we need to keep him injury free

Give Botch, Vizcaino and Walker the 7/8/9 unless hell breaks loose in one of them

It's still a 4 run game. Tampa has made similar leads disappear quickly already this series. El Duque has been cruising lately....I'm sure he'll start the next inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Sorry, but Crede's not going anywhere.  He's cheap, plays good defensive, and is hitting near .300 right now.  He's one of the last players on our team I think deserves to be in hot water (even though I'm sick of the weak pop ups he hits).

uhhh he is cheap until Borassss gets him a huge contract this offseason.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Honest question:

Why can't a 1B play the 3B position? After all they do play that position against the left handed hitter ....

My logic is if we could send Paulie to 3B, then we can have Frank play 1B and Carl as DH and send Crede's ass to the bench only to play late in games as defensive replacement for Frank (Crede goes to 3B and Paulie moves back to 1B)

Just a thought....

My, my...where to begin?

I better stay away from this one, I advise you all do the same. It can't be good for your collective blood pressure. :D

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)

You know he's gonna start one more inning.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Honest question:

Just a thought....

:stick