Game Thread 5-11-2005 Sox .vs. Suckfish

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
For those that bashed Cliff's $1 million signing this off-season, where do you stand now?

f*** them. He is one of the best bargain relievers out there. Whoever said we were not gonna pick up his option for next year too is a fool.

I think it has more to do with Viz not pitching enough yet...he will get that speed back, but since he pitches once every 10 days his strength isn't returning.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:34 PM)
Cliff pitched great.

Last year Vis threw 95-97.  Now he barely hits 93.  Overuse of the slider?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
Cliff pitched great.

I hope that's the reason. All of the rumors that I've heard say that the majority of steroid users were relief pitchers.

And Uribe makes an out on the first pitch again.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I think it has more to do with Viz not pitching enough yet...he will get that speed back, but since he pitches once every 10 days his strength isn't returning.

Last year, Vizcaino was throwing 95 mph and used a pretty nasty splitter in the games I saw him against the Cubs. Now, all he's throwing is that slider with an occasional 91-92 mph fastball (which he's had no control over).

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 11, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
:gosox3:

Made all that much better when he follows Orlando. I wonder who made that decision? :rolly

edit : This was supposed to be a follow-up to the following comment:

QUOTE(fathom @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)

Great job Cliff! By far the best fastball on our team.

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Cliff pitched great.

Vizcaino? He never has hit 97 unless the radar gun was f***ed up badly. He use to hit 95 as his high but definitely not 97.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Does anyone not hate him?  I really, really do hate that guy.  Why not Anderson?  Why not even Giambi?  He always has a high OBP.

There's a few people on this board who think he's worthy of a roster spot and the amount of playing time he receives. That's fine though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
Personally, I'm not any more impressed with the Twins offense than with our own.  Marunaueou or however you spell his name isn't that special, hes no Frank Thomas.  They are simply not folding under pressure, keeping their cool and doing what it takes to win, we are losing our cool, swinging from the heels, and f***ing up bases loaded no out opportunties GAME AFTER GAME.

I just got back from school, and I hate to break it to ya, but Morneau > Konerko...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Does anyone not hate him?  I really, really do hate that guy.  Why not Anderson?  Why not even Giambi?  He always has a high OBP.

I don't hate him, the guy rides the bench and he's come through sometimes and sometimes he doesn't. I don't expect anything diff, from a bench guy. :huh .