Sox vs Rangers

soxman35

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
Much as Crede is sucking lately I totally agree that Kong Everett and Dead are absolutely killing this team.

On the bright side though AROW is starting to heat up.

Nuke, you are abosultely correct. Aaron Rowand is doing it. I just wish the otrhers that suck would adopt his approach to hitting. He goes the other way and isn't trying to murder everything.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
This was a tough one to accept. We must be in that little slump right now, and the stellar starting pitching has not been there. They have surrendered 9, 6 and 7 runs respectively, but tonights performance by El Dookie must be the worse. He couldn't even get out of the 3rd. The relief pitching was a plus until Marte gave up another homer. It makes you wonder who will have the most homers at the end of the season? Our hitters or the pitchers? We need to get some of these hitters out of their slumps and I don't know what to make of it. Konerko back in 2003 form; Crede sucks; Everett stinks; Dye is dead. No consistency except being bad. Anyway that's the obvious and hopefully these guys get on track soon. Garland might be our stopper by ending this 3 game skid tomorrow. I saw this game on ESPN and it was exciting enough, but I would love to see Jon pitch. Go Sox. I know you have to expect and accept slumps, but any loss is hard to take.

I was yelling for Politte last night and the night before...........tonight is the reason why. He totally shut down TX when he was in there and made it look easy.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
I was yelling for Politte last night and the night before...........tonight is the reason why.  He totally shut down TX when he was in there and made it look easy.

Me too! I think Politte has really come around. Last year he was good, but everything hard and fast was straight. He seems to have some movement on his pitches, locates them better and mixes it up more. Results: one heck of a relief pitcher.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:19 AM)
I called that long ago and everyone jumped down my throat about it.  I would say its nice to be vindicated but not when its like this.

Nuke....I thought it was you who said that, and I agreed with you. It will continue to get ugly for El Duque pitching at the Cell with warm weather if he doesn't start to get a shread of command.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:16 AM)
El Duque was hanging by a thread in nearly every start he had this year.  It's just a matter of time before his 6 IP, 2 ER games become 5 IP, 5 ER.

El Duque has always been like this.

He's a career 116 ERA+. He knows how to pitch. He'll have nights like this where his breaking stuff won't be great, but by no means is he going to fall off a cliff. I expect, at the least, a league average year from El Duque.

Who knows... he was s***ty tonight, but maybe the rest tonight (as well as the extra day off on Thursday) will allow him to be dynomite on Sunday.

I know I shouldn't think this way, but I think there will be a lot more happy people than mad people if you told them that El Duque would have a bad outing tonight, as opposed to Sunday night against you-know-who.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
When Rowand is in the 2/3 hole, he seems to be on his game offensively...so lets f***ing leave him there. Not like anyone else has stepped up and taken control of the spot.

Yes! If Konerko could ever get back on track- and/or the Big Hurt gets back I think we will start having some production and it will be led by Aaron.

Nuke....I thought it was you who said that, and I agreed with you.  It will continue to get ugly for El Duque pitching at the Cell with warm weather if he doesn't start to get a shread of command.

I said the same thing about his WHIP. There's no way that El Duque was going to keep going quality start after quality start with a WHIP as high as his. He gives up too many walks and hits and sooner or later they were going to come back and bite him in the ass.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
Yes! If Konerko could ever get back on track- and/or the Big Hurt gets back I think we will start having some production and it will be led by Aaron.

Konerko will get back on track the minute he stops changing his stance like 50 times in a week. Pick something and use it. I am all for making an adjustment, but good lord.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
I said the same thing about his WHIP.  There's no way that El Duque was going to keep going quality start after quality start with a WHIP as high as his.  He gives up too many walks and hits and sooner or later they were going to come back and bite him in the ass.

Between El Duque and Contreras, we could single handedly set a new record for BBs allowed...f***ing hell...HI! attack the hitters please, quit trying to nitpick them to death.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
Between El Duque and Contreras, we could single handedly set a new record for BBs allowed...f***ing hell...HI! attack the hitters please, quit trying to nitpick them to death.

Remember all of the press on how having El Duque would help Contreras throw strikes and be better. Maybe Contreras is a bad influence for El Duque. The mirror each other as far as wildness.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
No kidding.  We're 4.5 games in front of the Twins, who look to have just as strong of a team as they did last year with their great bullpen and the emergence of Morneau and Mauer.  Is our current team good enough to outlast the Twins.....NO.  We need to either get better performances from our hitters, or we need to make some changes.  No way our pitching can keep up the pace they had for the first 30 games.

Okay, give up on the team then. Since obviously, we can't win anything..... :rolly

Just got back from the game.

What a cold, miserable night to spend at the ballpark.

-WTF was up with duque? He just got absolutely crushed.

-Nice job by the bullpen today. Good performances by all minus one pitch by marte.

-I loved to see AJ making the walks hurt for park in the first

-Loved the AB by gooch in the 8th.

-Crowd was decent tonight. RF started to get a little rowdy (i was near the foulpole) in the 8th inning or so, not sure what exactly was going on.

-Figures that the sox get a big homestand and the weather absolutely sucks it up.

-I took some pics, i'll post them in a bit.

Now back to warming myself up.

also, our fans couldn't be more behind konerko. The stadium erupts when he comes up in a clutch situation. You can tell we haven't given up on him and want him to come through so bad.

Too bad he dissapoints so much.

El Duque is an idiot. He just was interviewed on TV. I threw the ball good, location no location the batters just had a good swing on the ball. Its just a bad day.

You threw the ball good? You nibbled like a squirrel on nuts and got hurt.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:51 AM)
also, our fans couldn't be more behind konerko.  The stadium erupts when he comes up in a clutch situation.  You can tell we haven't given up on him and want him to come through so bad.

He still got cheers (a little mixed, of course) during his struggles in 2003. I lose some faith when I still another goddam bad guys' hr thrown back onto the field (too many opportunities to see that too...), but I get some back when I see the crowd come through for PK, who's said all the right things every day in Chicago and taken his struggles on his own shoulders.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
also, our fans couldn't be more behind konerko.  The stadium erupts when he comes up in a clutch situation.  You can tell we haven't given up on him and want him to come through so bad.

You gotta hand it to the faithful out there. Kong has done nothing but dissappoint in the clutch and yet they give him all they can cheering for him. One of these days he's gonna have to start giving them something to cheer about.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 17, 2005 -> 04:18 AM)
You gotta hand it to the faithful out there.  Kong has done nothing but dissappoint in the clutch and yet they give him all they can cheering for him.  One of these days he's gonna have to start giving them something to cheer about.

Actually, he had a huge 2 RBI single on Friday night that gave us the lead for good. PK has plenty of company in the non-clutch room this year (Everett, Timo, Crede).

QUOTE(Capn12 @ May 16, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
When Rowand is in the 2/3 hole, he seems to be on his game offensively...so lets f***ing leave him there. Not like anyone else has stepped up and taken control of the spot.

AROW, Gooch, Pods and to a lesser extent AJ ( That slam tonight was the schiznit!!!!!!! ) basically ARE the offense these days.

Kong, Dead, Everett, credepopsup and even Uribe as of late are really struggling.

Part of the problem in the past few days IMO is that the Sox are trying to get the benchwarmers some PT. Had all of the starters been out there for the past 3 games, I think they would've won at least one, and probably two.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
Part of the problem in the past few days IMO is that the Sox are trying to get the benchwarmers some PT. Had all of the starters been out there for the past 3 games, I think they would've won at least one, and probably two.

Why not get the bench guys some time? Timo and Pablo aren't doing any worse than Dead are they? The Gooch benefited from half a day off with what was one of the most kickass at bats I've ever seen.

Personally I can't wait for G-Load to get back so we can sit Konerko for a couple of games. If anyone needs a day off on this team it's Konerko.

Why not get the bench guys some time?  Timo and Pablo aren't doing any worse than Dead are they? The Gooch benefited from half a day off with what was one of the most kickass at bats I've ever seen. 

Personally I can't wait for G-Load to get back so we can sit Konerko for a couple of games.  If anyone needs a day off on this team it's Konerko.

Agreed. We need a healthy Choad so Paulie can think about all of his disgusting K's on the bench for a game or two.