When the hell do we start worrying about Konerko??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
Of course you can. If the catcher gets injured, you move the 1B to C and put Paulie back out there at 1B

You are just plain wrong

Yep. I was trying to see the logic behind that statement as well.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)
Of course you can. If the catcher gets injured, you move the 1B to C and put Paulie back out there at 1B

You are just plain wrong

But what if that the first baseman that you move to catcher ( who is actually a catcher in the first place) gets injured?!?!?!?!?!?!?

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
But what if that the first baseman that you move to catcher ( who is actually a catcher in the first place) gets injured?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That's no different than replace an injured catcher with the backup from the bench. If he gets injured, he gets injured. Of course, the catcher and 1B can collide on a foul popup and knock each other out, but that's a stretch as well.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 17, 2005 -> 02:15 AM)
That's no different than replace an injured catcher with the backup from the bench.  If he gets injured, he gets injured.  Of course, the catcher and 1B can collide on a foul popup and knock each other out, but that's a stretch as well.

Sarcasm.

I was the main person that couldn't understand jabroni's logic.

Paulie started the rest and lean thing in his stance last season and he credited it for his turn around. I have not seen him do that this season until last night's game, which Hawk and DJ pointed out. Walker calls it a trigger. Paulie may be bringing it back to try and get this figured out. I'm pessimistic with Paulie. I smell '03 here, Big Hurt please get back, like now.

You are just plain wrong

The whole reason it's a risk is because if both of your catchers are in the same lineup and both of them get injured, you are screwed. Yes, it has a very slim chance of happening but it could happen. For example, A.J. could get pegged in the foot by a pitch (like he already has) and Widger could pull his groin (like Uribe did). You guys act like it's out of the realm of possibility. How many injuries did we have in that one week during the Oakland series? If Burke was on the roster over Kevin Walker, I would have no problem with it.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 17, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
The whole reason it's a risk is because if both of your catchers are in the same lineup and both of them get injured, you are screwed.  Yes, it has a very slim chance of happening but it could happen.  For example, A.J. could get pegged in the foot by a pitch (like he already has) and Widger could pull his groin (like Uribe did).  You guys act like it's out of the realm of possibility.  How many injuries did we have in that one week during the Oakland series?  If Burke was on the roster over Kevin Walker, I would have no problem with it.

The odds of that are only very slightly better than both catchers getting injured in the same game when one replaces the other.

How long until Gload is scheduled to come back? Also with Frank coming back, that gives you a possible option, but I don't want to see him fielding at 1B.

I don't think we will ever see Frank playing 1st base again. Frank even said he won't be playing 1st base this season.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
The constant strikeouts are the most disturbing trend. 

Watching fastballs down the middle of the plate with the game on the line for strike three is unacceptable.

Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver :bang

Like Konerko is thinking, "oh shoot a fastball, nah I don't want to swing at that pitch down the middle. Nope, I am going to wait for the slider in the dirt, I can really crush that pitch"

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
Actually working for Crede though. He's at least getting a hit or on base once a game if not more. PK is an automatic out. I was at the game with some of my friends. In the 8th they were chanting Paulie!!! with the rest of the crow. I said, "STFU, Paulie hasn't done jack all year and he ain't starting now. Also, whenever people start that stupid chant, he does jacks*** the rest of the way, usually a rally killing DP or strikeout. Then some of my friends kept cheering and I bet one of my friends next to me that he would end up getting an out. And he did.

Now that is a fan. Way to revel in your teams failure. Why would that make you feel good at all? I don't get it.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 17, 2005 -> 06:34 AM)
Actually working for Crede though. He's at least getting a hit or on base once a game if not more.

Joe Crede is hitting .209 in May. Who are you watching?

Konerko should sit for a day or two like Ozzie did with Dye. Not that Dye has lit it up, but he's certainly taking some better swings.