White Sox vs Cubs Game 2 Thread 5-21-05

sox-r-us

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ May 21, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
I am confused as hell.  So Contreras wtill start game 2?

It's looking like it will be BMac on Saturday and Contreras on Sunday. But I don't think anyone really knows what the hell is going on. :D

Edited by YASNY

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 20, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Tribune is saying the wind will be blowing out to right field.  I really hope Everett isn't playing tomorrow.  Dye is swinging the bat much better than Everett is right now, and there's no reason to put our defense at such a disadvantage.

Wind will be blowing in from RF, even more reason to have Everett sitting next to Harold.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 21, 2005 -> 07:32 AM)
everett will do fine in right field, i keep getting confused as to who is throwing off the mound today

I don't know why Ozzie has to get Everett in these games. Its not like he's tearing the cover off the ball. Maybe Podsednik needs a rest. Dye is finally getting some hits, so it would be a horrible time to sit him. Everett's numbers are earily similar to his rather unimpressive numbers of last season.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
I'm having waves of panic thinking about Crazy in the OF, he will either;

1.  Botch a crucial fly ball

2.  injure himself

3.  Injure someone else

also, Willie is at 2nd batting in the 2 spot today

There's not a reason in the world that Everett should be playing today. Dye has been much better recently, and everyone in baseball knows he's someone that is always very streaky. Meanwhile, Everett has been simply awful at the plate for the better part of a month now. Also, this isn't taking into account that Everett is the worst outfielder in the majors. We better hope Contreras strikes out about 12 guys today.

No Dye or Iguchi. Crazy Carl in RF. :o :ph34r:

Sox lineup:

LF Scott Podsednik

2B Willie Harris

CF Aaron Rowand

1B Paul Konerko

C A.J. Pierzynski

RF Carl Everett

SS Juan Uribe

3B Joe Crede

P Jose Contreras

Flubs lineup:

2B Jerry Hairston

SS Neifi Perez

1B Derek Lee

RF Jeromy Burnitz

3B Aramis Ramirez

CF Corey Patterson

LF Jason Dubois

C Henry Blanco

P Carlos Zambrano

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 21, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
No Dye or Iguchi.  Crazy Carl in RF. :o  :ph34r:

Sox lineup:

LF  Scott Podsednik

2B  Willie Harris

CF  Aaron Rowand

1B  Paul Konerko

C   A.J. Pierzynski

RF  Carl Everett

SS  Juan Uribe

3B  Joe Crede

P   Jose Contreras

Flubs lineup:

2B  Jerry Hairston

SS  Neifi Perez

1B  Derek Lee

RF  Jeromy Burnitz

3B  Aramis Ramirez

CF  Corey Patterson

LF  Jason Dubois

C   Henry Blanco

P   Carlos Zambrano

I would like to see Pods and Willie push a couple of bunts down to 3b early today, Ramirez has a bad back and is an average fielder on his best healthy day. The only thing that offsets this a little is that Zambrano is an excellent fielder, but Pods handles the bat well enough to force Ramirez to field a bunt.

Catching a break with Barret being hurt, even though his numbers aren't crazy he's still a much better bat than Blanco, and only having one catcher limits Dusty's moves late in a game.

Dubois should be interesting against the Count. He's got a ton of raw power, but is a free swinger, if Count can get ahead he should be a perfect victim for the fork ball

Ozzie does things that are best for the long term as opposed to just winning today's game. You already know know that Ozzie does not put the importance on this series that the fans do, and honestly, he's absolutely correct. This is just another series if you are focused on winning the division.

So ... if Ozzie thinks it's in the best interests of the team, over the long hual, to put Everett in RF today then I have no problem with it.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 21, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
I think Ozzie geared the lineup more toward speed to mess with Zambrano's head.  Willie is faster than Iguchi and Everett is a bit faster than Dye.

True, but that's a stupid decision then by Ozzie. The combination of Zambrano and Blanco will be almost impossible to steal on. Zambrano has a very quick delivery, and Blanco has a cannon behind the plate. If we lose today....fine. But I really hope it's not cause Everett botches some plays in the outfield. I'll be pissed then.