Brandon McCarthy ML debut game thread vs Cubs

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
Vizcaino does suck. His lost velocity is one of the main reasons in my opinion. I cringe every time i see him come in and that is not a good feeling.

You said it before anything happened, and that's fine by me.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
i'm starting to agree with you, way too many drama queens.

You're not mad? I can honestly say I haven't been this mad the whole year. McCarthy was having a great game. Vizcaino has been truly awful this year, and he had no reason to be in this game. He can't even be a mop-up guy because he can't last more than 1 inning.

At least we can still win this game. f***in Viz.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
i'm starting to agree with you, way too many drama queens.

LV has been hit all year no drama just a s***ty reliever day after day hurting the team.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
You're not mad?  I can honestly say I haven't been this mad the whole year.  McCarthy was having a great game.  Vizcaino has been truly awful this year, and he had no reason to be in this game.  He can't even be a mop-up guy because he can't last more than 1 inning.

At least we can still win this game.  f***in Viz.

no, i'm not mad.

1) we already won the series, i don't expect my team to sweep every series.

2) I wasn't expecting a W today, with a ML debut AND prior on the mount.

3) That ball was a flyout in every other park.

4) we're the best team in baseball, i'm not gonna flip out after a loss, we're due.

+

its the 7th inning.

Edited by Soxnbears01

Also, I agreed with the move. To give up 1 run to a high-powered offense and going up against one of the best pitchers in the game was more than a quality start for BMac. Hopefully, it gives him confidence when he faces the Rangers over the weekend. Plus, you gotta find out with what you truly have in Vizcaino or Cotts. Sadly, with Vizcaino, you now know what you have. So, I repeat:

Vizcaino to Charlotte, Baj to Chicago.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
no, i'm not mad.

1) we already won the series, i don't expect my team to sweep every series.

2) I wasn't expecting a W today, with a ML debut AND prior on the mount.

3) That ball was a flyout in every other park.

4) we're the best team in baseball, i'm not gonna flip out after a loss, we're due.

I wasn't expecting to win at all, either. And I'm happy that we won the series, but I'm not mad that we might lose this game. It's how this happened. Viz is downright bad this year and he had no right to be in there. When I saw him warming up the last inning, I was wondering why he would come in. Oh, well...

First two men on, Dye up.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
I wasn't expecting to win at all, either.  And I'm happy that we won the series, but I'm not mad that we might lose this game.  It's how this happened.  Viz is downright bad this year and he had no right to be in there.  When I saw him warming up the last inning, I was wondering why he would come in.  Oh, well...

i agree, vizcy has been downright awful, no idea why ozzie still believes in him, he tends to do that with some guys (ie: timo). Pulling Bmac was the right move though

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
I wasn't expecting to win at all, either.  And I'm happy that we won the series, but I'm not mad that we might lose this game.  It's how this happened.  Viz is downright bad this year and he had no right to be in there.  When I saw him warming up the last inning, I was wondering why he would come in.  Oh, well...

That ball wasn't even hit hard so we can all whine as much as we want about Viz f***in up but that was a routine fly ball that got into the wind and went out.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 22, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
i agree, vizcy has been downright awful, no idea why ozzie still believes in him, he tends to do that with some guys (ie: timo).  Pulling Bmac was the right move though

No doubt about pulling McCarthy. Just should've used someone else.

Damn it, Uribe.