Who would you rather have in the bullpen  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have in the bullpen

• Viz
    • Baj
    • Adkins
    • Jenks
    • Other

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 24, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
I always thought it was stupid. You just can't pick and choose outings and say they did not happen. How about we take away three or four of buehrle's worst outings from last year? Sounds fair to me. How about we take out those two s***ty months uribe had? It is just makes no sense to me.

:banghead

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 24, 2005 -> 07:16 AM)
Why the hell is he too good to turn it around?  He has a career 4.69 ERA and he's a one-pitch pitcher.  Mike Jackson was also good at one point.

I was referring to his seasons in where he pitched 60 or more innings. He's been pretty good. I think he'll turn it around.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 24, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)
I always thought it was stupid. You just can't pick and choose outings and say they did not happen. How about we take away three or four of buehrle's worst outings from last year? Sounds fair to me. How about we take out those two s***ty months uribe had? It is just makes no sense to me.

Well at that time it was different in Viz's case... He had just thrown like 30 pitches the previous day and because Ozzie mismanaged the bullpen and Shingo gave up those 3 HR's we were down to only Viz in extra innings. He went on throwing another maybe 50+ pitches.... Thats why he wasnt really blamed for that outing.

But since than he has sucked too... so no excuses.

Yeah Baj was pretty stellar his short time up last season too. Vizcaino stays, I still think he'll be fine. Cotts, on the other hand, needs to go. Adkins is in Triple A because Vizcaino was traded for, and that's the only damn reason. I think a lot of people forget he was pretty damn good for most of last season.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ May 24, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Yeah Baj was pretty stellar his short time up last season too. Vizcaino stays, I still think he'll be fine. Cotts, on the other hand, needs to go. Adkins is in Triple A because Vizcaino was traded for, and that's the only damn reason. I think a lot of people forget he was pretty damn good for most of last season.

Key words:Short time up. I do think Luis will turn it around and deserves more time but it amazes me how many people have almost given up on Baj because his numbers weren't fantastic though he wasn't hit hard.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 24, 2005 -> 06:30 AM)
Eh, he had his shot, thats why he is back in triple A

that is one of the dumbest remarks ive heard, he was awesome era well below 3 for most the season until the last month of the season when he got used almost every day.