A Sox trade brewing....

beck72

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 25, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
I make you all a deal I stop posting the truth about KW.. and you stop posting onhow great and what a good GM he is..

Deal?

When your "truth" stops including sentences such as "My handpicked team would be 2-3 games off this pace right now", then maybe I will start to understand what you mean. Until then, you are playing a rotisserie(sp?) league

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on KW. He's made some good moves and bad ones. JUST LIKE EVERY GM!!! He isn't our savior. Even Scheurholz has made bad moves, just not as many. There is no "truth," there's luck mixed in with the skill. You could have your Cabreras, Guillen's and Ortiz's and they all could've gotten hurt. Or they don't want to be a White Sox. Or they retire. Or they suck. It's not KW who goes down on the field and plays. He can only get, what he thinks are good players and hope they play as a team and well enough to win. You don't know any better than anyone else.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on KW.  He's made some good moves and bad ones.  JUST LIKE EVERY GM!!!  He isn't our savior.  Even Scheurholz has made bad moves, just not as many.  There is no "truth," there's luck mixed in with the skill.  You could have your Cabreras, Guillen's and Ortiz's and they all could've gotten hurt.  Or they don't want to be a White Sox.  Or they retire.  Or they suck.  It's not KW who goes down on the field and plays. He can only get, what he thinks are good players and hope they play as a team and well enough to win.  You don't know any better than anyone else.

More bad moves than good moves = bad GM.. That my friend is the truth.. That my friend is KW.

When your "truth" stops including sentences such as "My handpicked team would be 2-3 games off this pace right now", then maybe I will start to understand what you mean. Until then, you are playing a rotisserie(sp?) league

See statement above...

I Vote anthax stops trying to pretend to know it all, now he wants roberts of course who doesnt but did anyone know he was gonna blow up this big ummmmmmmmm no. anthrax its time to shut up ortiz blows aj rocks, hernadez rocks kw put together an awsome team ejoy it while you can P.S. you will never be a GM as you have no talent in evaluading talent Ortiz would get rocked 10 timesn USCF than in arizona

I Vote anthax stops trying to pretend to know it all, now he wants roberts of course who doesnt but did anyone know he was gonna blow up this big ummmmmmmmm no. anthrax its time to shut up ortiz blows aj rocks, hernadez rocks kw put together an awsome team ejoy it while you can P.S. you will never be a GM as you have no talent in evaluading talent Ortiz would get rocked 10 timesn USCF than in arizona

LOL, Russ Ortiz. :lol: :headshake

Don't worry the sox can fix his mechanics just like ritchie's

I am enjoying this team, but KW is getting far to much credit for this team.. This is Ozzie make-up not KW.

What some people fail to understand is there are trades that lead to other things.  To me, the Sox got beat on the Brewer trade. I think they could've gotten more for Carlos Lee.

I will always agree with that general conclusion. We should have gotten more from the Brewers than Viz, Pods, & PTBNL. From the Brewer's perspective they were gaining a +2.3RPG in the trade. Viz is worth less than that. Contrary to what KW might have thought about him he was ranked only 39th in the NL for relievers last yr. A 3.34NPERA for a relief pitcher is not good.

Hermanson on the other hand was 30IP shy of start class & had a 3.67NPERA. Amongst starters that ranks 24th in the NL. There is big difference between 24th & 39th. If I were GM I would have twisted their arm to give up Adams (25th in the NL for relievers last yr).

That trade makes much more sense & I think the press would have been more favorable to it. They keep the PTBNL then. Viz did represent something of a salary dump for the Brewers so the WSox probably would have had to throw in 1M to get Adams. What's a million? His His 2.70 ERA right now would look pretty good in our pen.

Guest JimH
I have no need to stop spreading the truth about KW, and who the Sox could of had..Until KW is fired from the job he should no longer have I will only preach the truth that is KW=Failure. Until KW can actaully build a team that can win a title or WC.. IMO he is a failure.

It's your OPINION.

It's your OPINION that he was the reason why the team didn't win.

It is FACT the team didn't win the division from 2001-2004.

Learn the difference between fact and opinion before you spout your tired worn out venom.

Why does this site have to go through this same nonsense every couple of weeks?

Why does this site have to go through this same nonsense every couple of weeks?

NonSense... Again see the top of Page 11 I have made a deal that win win for all of us.. yet no one will take it? I am willing to make peace with you all, to enjoy Ozzie magically season, to forget the 100000000001 mistakes KW has made..Still no one will take my offer.. I love this board if it was my own (FireKennywilliams.com in the works) and as fellow Sox fans, we should not argue about how right I am, lets just enjoy this magic season and then Fire KW.. OK?

Edited by AnthraxFan93

Guest JimH
NonSense... Again see the top of Page 3 I have made a deal that win win for all of us.. yet no one will take it? I am willing to make peace with you all, to enjoy Ozzie magically season, to forget the 100000000001 mistakes KW has made..Still no one will take my offer.. I love this board if it was my own (FireKennywilliams.com in the works) and as fellow Sox fans, we should not argue about how right I am, lets just enjoy this magic season and then Fire KW.. OK?

You're far from right, you just have a gigantic ego. My advice, lose it. Can't wait until you get your own board, that'd be great ... anything I can do to help speed the process along? This board doesn't need you, not for your contrary opinions but because you insist on coming across as a huge know-it-all when, unfortunately for you, you really don't know that much at all <----- = opinion, again, learn the difference.

It's well understood here you apparantly get off on arguing ... your so-called "offer" is more of your same schtick ... "I'm right, everyone else is wrong".

The guy who said you're the King of Xbox trades is totally correct.

My offer to you is to help you start your own board ... this board will be way better without you.

Did Anthrax actually suggest Russ Ortiz over El Duque? Is he insane?

04 A-NPERA 4.00 vs El Duque 04 B-NPERA 3.17

Did we sign El Duque to just win games or win in the post season?

Ortiz would give us more innings & that's it. El Duque did it in the AL.

A 3.17 in the AL is probably worth a 2.50 in the NL. A big difference.

El Duque is on pace for 160IP. Ortiz is on pace for another 200IP.

Tell me again why I should have preferred to spend 3.4M more on a guy

who is sure to pitch worse than El Duque for the first 160IP, & probably avg at best for the additional 40IP & offers next to nothing for post season action in the AL.

Not to mention the El Duque effect on Contreras. Many people have said it before & now I have to agree. No other player has had a more beneficial impact on this team than El Duque. He's turned Contreras into a top 15 pitcher, is 5-1 in 8 starts, & allowed BMac to start the year in AAA. All for a cost of 4M because he's not likely to hit his IP incentive.

Someone want to inform me of a team that has gotten more out of a FA than the WSox have with El Duque?

Edited by JUGGERNAUT

You're far from right, you just have a gigantic ego.  My advice, lose it.  Can't wait until you get your own board, that'd be great ... anything I can do to help speed the process along?  This board doesn't need you, not for your contrary opinions but because you insist on coming across as a huge know-it-all when, unfortunately for you, you really don't know that much at all <----- = opinion, again, learn the difference.

It's well understood here you apparantly get off on arguing ... your so-called "offer" is more of your same schtick ... "I'm right, everyone else is wrong".

The guy who said you're the King of Xbox trades is totally correct.

My offer to you is to help you start your own board ... this board will be way better without you.

Come now we all know this board finally got someone who tells it like it is and most of you can not handle this, I understand the truth is hard to swallow, but once you see the light it is so nice, makes your life peaceful to understand why the sox have sucked it up the last 4 years..

I give a sweet deal that benfits us all and still you sit there and say its ego driven? I think not, this will make the 2005 season more enjoyable for us all. Isn't that what we all want is to enjoy this magically ride of Ozzie's team?

I don't think Anthrax is aware that Contreras+El Duque have just 2L combined in 17 starts. IMO wins for a starter are meaningless. It just means the offense scored early. What really matters is GS/L. Both these guys continue to get written up in NY press because of their GS/L ratio.

Guest JimH
Come now we all know this board finally got someone who tells it like it is and most of you can not handle this, I understand the truth is hard to swallow, but once you see the light it is so nice, makes your life peaceful to understand why the sox have sucked it up the last 4 years..

I give a sweet deal that benfits us all and still you sit there and say its ego driven? I think not, this will make the 2005 season more enjoyable for us all. Isn't that what we all want is to enjoy this magically ride of Ozzie's team?

Come on now, go and get your own site, dozens here will be extremely happy.

Your last post is very telling ... you get off on arguing. I feel sorry for you.

You never answered the question re: your sources for GM's laughing at the salary the White Sox gave El Duque. Or is that yet another "truth" you pulled squarely out of your ass?

Did Anthrax actually suggest Russ Ortiz over El Duque?  Is he insane?

04 A-NPERA 4.00  vs El Duque 04 B-NPERA 3.17

Did we sign El Duque to just win games or win in the post season?

Ortiz would give us more innings & that's it.  El Duque did it in the AL.

A 3.17 in the AL is probably worth a 2.50 in the NL.  A big difference.

El Duque is on pace for 160IP. Ortiz is on pace for another 200IP.

Tell me again why I should have preferred to spend 3.4M more on a guy

who is sure to pitch worse than El Duque for the first 160IP, & probably avg at best for the additional 40IP & offers next to nothing for post season action in the AL. 

Not to mention the El Duque effect on Contreras.  Many people have said it before & now I have to agree.  No other player has had a more beneficial impact on this team than El Duque.  He's turned Contreras into a top 15 pitcher, is 5-1 in 8 starts, & allowed BMac to start the year in AAA.  All for a cost of 4M because he's not likely to hit his IP incentive. 

Someone want to inform me of a team that has gotten more out of a FA than the WSox have with El Duque?

Jugg, this is one of the few mistakes I have made over my short tenure here, I actually wanted in this order pitchers

1. Derek Lowe

2. Matt Clement

3. Doug Davis

4. Russ Ortiz

5. El Duque...

No one not even me, you or anyone for that matter could have guessed that ElDuque would have come on like he has.. I however love the new KW BS lines.. WHen we signined him KW promised us that he was healthy and not to worry about him. Now with him on the DL KW says that this was known and planed out, to keep him for 30 starts.. UMM?? What other GM inks a guy knowing he going to be on the DL for 4 mil a year?

OK; so as you're probably aware I'm realy new to the world of Baseball, but what is all the moaning about? Are we not having our best start to a season in years? Surely this has somthing to do with both KW and Ozzie, hell I'd hate to see what you had to say if we were playing like the Royals!

Edited by DePloderer

Come on now, go and get your own site, dozens here will be extremely happy.

Your last post is very telling ... you get off on arguing.  I feel sorry for you.

You never answered the question re: your sources for GM's laughing at the salary the White Sox gave El Duque.  Or is that yet another "truth" you pulled squarely out of your ass?

That is easy, I thought I posted that answer to that question awhile back..

When El Duque was inked, Peter Gammons wrote an artucle about how he ask several GM about him, and they had mentioned that they would be laughing the first time he went on the DL, since he hasn't pitched a complete season in 2 years and making 4 mil was just mind boggling... Of cource I am adlibing on this, sorry didn't know it word for word.

I don't get off on arguing, it seems you do.. For I try and make peace only for you to stir the pot to further to defend what I know is right.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 25, 2005 -> 06:24 AM)
I ask this question. Would you deal Sean Tracey for Placido Polanco straight up? Or do you want the Phillies to pay the majority of his deal for the rest of the season?

I would.

We have a great chance at a real special season this year and a few million bucks shouldn't get in the way this time.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

Why wouldnt I want the White Sox to be winning?

Well they are winning, and last I checked they have the best record in baseball.

This is Ozzie's team not KW's.

Last I checked KW was the GM, and Ozzie was the manager. How exactly did Ozzie make the trade for Pods? Or was it Ozzie who was out scouting Iguchi?

Maybe Ozzie worked out the contract for AJ?

The reality is, I could be the manager of the White Sox and we would atleast have the same record, if not better. Its not hard to fill out a starting line up and just let your SP go to work. Hell most of the time he has made really poor match up decisions concerning the bull pen, he plays Timo Perez over anyone, and we still some how manage to win games.

If anything, KW has given Ozzie a team that no matter how many peculiar decisions he makes, he can not screw it up.

God forbid KW be given credit, what will be the next excuse. He f***ed up trading Kip Wells, get over it. You win some, you lose some. The only place you are going to win every time in a trade is MVP where you can go back to your last save.

Bet you would rather have Olivo and Reed than Garcia too.

Laughable.

SB

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 25, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)

When El Duque was inked, Peter Gammons wrote an artucle about how he ask several GM about him, and they had mentioned that they would be laughing the first time he went on the DL, since he hasn't pitched a complete season in 2 years and making 4 mil was just mind boggling... Of cource I am adlibing on this, sorry didn't know it word for word.

I don't get off on arguing, it seems you do.. For I try and make peace only for you to stir the pot to further to defend what I know is right.

Can you find the article? I'm pretty sure since you remember it so vividly, it'd be pretty easy to use Google and find it...

Guest JimH

You don't have a clue what's right. Once again, you paint something as FACT when it is OPINION. If you're not capable of understanding the difference then there's nothing that can be done. You try to make peace ... that's BS. You try to shove stuff down people's throats and try to take the high road by saying you're making peace. Sorry ... I'm a little older than you, I've seen that bad act before.

And obviously, you cannot tell the difference between fact and opinion.

WOW ... Peter Gammons wrote an article :lol: . Yet, you said all the GM's are laughing at the salary the White Sox paid El Duque. Way to backtrack and deny, that's one thing you do quite well. Good luck with that life skill.

Seek help so that you're one day able to realize your s*** stinks just as much as the rest of us.

Anything I can do to hasten the process of you getting your own board, and staying there? This board will be a lot better off, and we'd thank you.

You don't have a clue what's right.  Once again, you paint something as FACT when it is OPINION.  If you're not capable of understanding the difference then there's nothing that can be done.  You try to make peace ... that's BS.  You try to shove stuff down people's throats and try to take the high road by saying you're making peace.  Sorry ... I'm a little older than you, I've seen that bad act before.

And obviously, you cannot tell the difference between fact and opinion.

WOW ... Peter Gammons wrote an article  :lol: .  Yet, you said all the GM's are laughing at the salary the White Sox paid El Duque.  Way to backtrack and deny, that's one thing you do quite well.  Good luck with that life skill.

Seek help so that you're one day able to realize your s*** stinks just as much as the rest of us.

Anything I can do to hasten the process of you getting your own board, and staying there?  This board will be a lot better off, and we'd thank you.

Here we go again, I trying to make peace, you stir the pot.. But I am the one that wants to argue.. :rolly

The board would be better without someone like you, there is no need to argue about petty stuff, yet you seem to keep beating a dead horse with BS, keep trying I am sure it goes over well here.

How is what I speak backpeddlling, who in their right mnid pays a guy 4 mil knowing that the guy going to be on the DL for some of the year? ESP when your team is strapped for cash?

I know my s*** stinks, WIsh you would learn the same... the board is not big enough for your huge as ego, of trying to prove me wrong time and time again.. Does that get old failure of trying to prove me wrong? Wait you like KW right so you love being associated with failure!!! ( Yes this time I stired the pot.. sorry, for once i had to play with the him)

Where did I say that I was getting my own board? I said firekennywilliams.com would be up.. a swebsite not a baord, this board is jsut fine as long as people like you stop with your ego boasting..