• Minnie Minoso
    • Luke Appling
    • Luis Aparicio
    • Ted Lyons

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Frank, but Shoeless Joe might be the right answer. He was a great all-around player, and if not for the 1919 series he might have gone down as one of the all time greats, especially since he was about 31 when he was banned.

I wish I was old enough to have seen some of those guys play. Without that, it's hard to do a fair evaluation.

Just on total numbers, I'll take Frank's 430 some home runs for the Sox, but I can't say for certain there's never been a better player on that team.

Frank, hands down, best hitter in chicago history. In the same sentence stat wise as some of the greats. As far as best player, its debateable, there is more to a player than just hitting, which will also get him in trouble as far as the HOF too.

No Dick Allen??? I would go with Frank anyway....but I think this is gonna be one sided just because most of us havent seen any of the others play other then Fisk, Thomas, and Baines

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ May 25, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Thanks.

Fan since '67. (I turned 10 years old that September. Right about the time the Sox blew the pennant.) Cut my teeth in the gawd awful years of '68 through '70.

I turned 10 in Novenber of that year, but I can say for sure that I was a Sox fan as far back as 1964. Probably even earlier, but I can't remember any particular thing that I can pinpoint as earlier that has to do with baseball or the Sox.