Who is the better defensive shortstop?

Jabroni

Who is the better defensive shortstop?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better defensive shortstop?

• Pablo Ozuna
    • Juan Uribe
    • Jose Valentin

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
where is the goddamn choice for Willie Harris?!?!? Come on!!!! :banghead

Maybe because Harris doesn't play SS, nor has he played nearly enough SS to garner an opinion on his abilities at the position. But hey, I guess you could say the same thing about Ozuna too, so the obvious choice is Uribe here...solely based on we haven't seen nearly enough of the other two guys play at SS.

But sure, if we want to go off of small sample sizes and such, we have a debate. :P

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
Green?

Sorry, Im not used to the whole green thing, I will work on it though. I thought the sarcasm in my statement was pretty obvious though :D

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
Sorry, Im not used to the whole green thing, I will work on it though. I thought the sarcasm in my statement was pretty obvious though  :D

LOL, it went completely over my head...mostly because I don't know what to expect out of people around here. But good show w/the sarcasm there. :cheers

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
LOL, it went completely over my head...mostly because I don't know what to expect out of people around here. But good show w/the sarcasm there.  :cheers

right back atcha :cheers

Oh without a doubt Uribe. The thing I always think about though is how better off would the Sox be if they'd have forked over 3 years instead of 2 for Vizquel...put Uribe at 3rd. I know the money was an issue so you might be lookin at no AJ (who's invaluable IMO). And I know hindsight sucks...but this team would be so better off with Viz at short...Uribe at 3rd...Willie in center and ARow in right. Just hypothetical if a decent discount RFer couldn't have been found.

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
Oh without a doubt Uribe.  The thing I always think about though is how better off would the Sox be if they'd have forked over 3 years instead of 2 for Vizquel...put Uribe at 3rd.  I know the money was an issue so you might be lookin at no AJ (who's invaluable IMO).  And I know hindsight sucks...but this team would be so better off with Viz at short...Uribe at 3rd...Willie in center and ARow in right.  Just hypothetical if a decent discount RFer couldn't have been found.

Well, the Giants ain't going anywhere. Maybe we can still get him?

QUOTE(Wanne @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
Oh without a doubt Uribe.  The thing I always think about though is how better off would the Sox be if they'd have forked over 3 years instead of 2 for Vizquel...put Uribe at 3rd.  I know the money was an issue so you might be lookin at no AJ (who's invaluable IMO).  And I know hindsight sucks...but this team would be so better off with Viz at short...Uribe at 3rd...Willie in center and ARow in right.  Just hypothetical if a decent discount RFer couldn't have been found.

The money was not as big of an issue in my opinion as that third year was. You just don't hand out a three year deal to a player of his age that has had some health problems in the last few years.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 31, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
The money was not as big of an issue in my opinion as that third year was. You just don't hand out a three year deal to a player of his age that has had some health problems in the last few years.

Is it me or is Vizquel's range limited also compared to Uribe? I'm not seeing the same Omar as when he was with the Indians 3+ years ago.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 31, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
This poll is beggin' for some Chicago Style rigging.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66666^^^^^^^^

666666^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Valentin PWNS ALL WHO CROSS HIS PATH