Juan, Gone, back to the DL

southsider2k5

How about this little tidbit :

Juan Gonzalez has done things in a big way throughout his career. His latest injury follows that pattern. Instead of sustaining a ``normal'' hamstring pull in his first at-bat of the season Tuesday night, Gonzalez yanked his right medial hamstring totally off the bone at the knee joint. Indians head trainer Lonnie Soloff called it a ``significant injury,'' adding that Gonzalez ``felt it pop, and it came right off the bone.'' To be technically correct, the tendon attached to the hamstring was torn off the (tibia) bone. ``Juan might be out up to three months,'' Soloff said. ``This is an uncommon injury in baseball players. Right now, it's quite swollen and sore. We'll re-examine him in two weeks after the pain and swelling subside. A determination on when he can return to play will be made then.''

Does Juan ever train? does he ever do anything to help him through a season? The Indians have to be kicking themselves for trusting Gonzalez, 600K or not.

Another part of their genius off season.

Juan Gonzalez who hasn't played a full year of baseball in god knows how long.

Aaron Boone coming off of ACL surgery

Kevin Millwood for $7 million, who is 1-4 (not a bad era though) and is on the DL with a strained right groin

Alex Cora who is hitting .230 in a crowded infield.

and no relief pitching signed with a bad and injury prone bullpen. Yeah, great off season there.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
How about this little tidbit :

Juan Gonzalez has done things in a big way throughout his career. His latest injury follows that pattern. Instead of sustaining a ``normal'' hamstring pull in his first at-bat of the season Tuesday night, Gonzalez yanked his right medial hamstring totally off the bone at the knee joint. Indians head trainer Lonnie Soloff called it a ``significant injury,'' adding that Gonzalez ``felt it pop, and it came right off the bone.'' To be technically correct, the tendon attached to the hamstring was torn off the (tibia) bone. ``Juan might be out up to three months,'' Soloff said. ``This is an uncommon injury in baseball players. Right now, it's quite swollen and sore. We'll re-examine him in two weeks after the pain and swelling subside. A determination on when he can return to play will be made then.''

Does Juan ever train?  does he ever do anything to help him through a season? The Indians have to be kicking themselves for trusting Gonzalez, 600K or not.

Sounds like the effects of over doing it while on steroids. :finger f*** him.

Per Rotoworld

According to the Indians, Juan Gonzalez's hamstring tore completely off the bone as he ran to first base during his 2005 debut.

''Juan might be out up to three months,'' trainer Lonnie Soloff said. ''This is an uncommon injury in baseball players. Right now, it's quite swollen and sore. We'll re-examine him in two weeks after the pain and swelling subside. A determination on when he can return to play will be made then.'' Jun. 3 - 5:48 am

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Per Rotoworld

According to the Indians, Juan Gonzalez's hamstring tore completely off the bone as he ran to first base during his 2005 debut.

''Juan might be out up to three months,'' trainer Lonnie Soloff said. ''This is an uncommon injury in baseball players. Right now, it's quite swollen and sore. We'll re-examine him in two weeks after the pain and swelling subside. A determination on when he can return to play will be made then.'' Jun. 3 - 5:48 am

what, was my report not good enough rock? ;) :lolhitting

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
Another part of their genius off season. 

Juan Gonzalez who hasn't played a full year of baseball in god knows how long.

Aaron Boone coming off of ACL surgery

Kevin Millwood for $7 million, who is 1-4 (not a bad era though) and is on the DL with a strained right groin

and no relief pitching signed with a bad and injury prone bullpen.  Yeah, great off season there.

Where is that Tribe fan that was trolling around screaming that the Indians were gonna kick our asses this year...?? :lolhitting

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
How much money has Gonzalez snaked out of the AL central in the past 10 years?  This guy has to be the worst free agent signee every year for the past 5 years.

HAHA. Very good point. Look at the ALC that have not attempted to sign himm

Sox

Twins

and they have been the teams winning and contending all these years

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)

I can't believe people here actually wanted to pay $2 million bucks to do what Willie Harris and Pablo Ozuna do for a combined $600K.

I think I was part of the David Eckstien contingent, however...

I can't believe people here actually wanted to pay $2 million bucks to do what Willie Harris and Pablo Ozuna do for a combined $600K.

I'm not sure but I think most people wanted Eckstein over Cora. I would hope so at least. Cora has a good glove but he has never been a good hitter.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 12:08 AM)

I remember when it seemed everyone was clamoring for Cora to be a starting 2B. I'll say the same thing I said then. He's basically an older Willie Harris. He wasn't an upgrade. Not only that being that he's the brother of one of Ozzie's best friends you can imagine how much worse the favortism would have been then say Timo who just seems to be Ozzies boyfriend.