*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
Eh'.  Agree to diasgree on that one.

McCarthy will be a part of the deal any way you cut it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to be wrong on that, but Beane will be the one dictating this transaction.

I think Kenny has a little more wiggle room than we are giving him credit for. I hope they can get Chavez without B-Mac, too. I just think the Beaner has lost a lot of credibility this year. The only bargaining chip Beane has is that he doesn't HAVE to trade Chavez.

From what it sounds like, Chavez wants out, Beane probably wants to dump the payroll (I don't know this, I'm just thinking small market team that's not performing) AND the whole Moneyball thing with how Beane seemed to be so superior.

This isn't basketball, where you have to match salaries, if the Sox pick up ALL of the contract, Kenny has the upper hand.

Again, I say, I hope. :ph34r:

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this trade is mostly all talk right now. But I couldn't help to think what our team would look like with full health and w/ the addition of Chavez.

STARTING LINEUP:

1. Pods LF

2. Gooch 2B

3. Thomas DH

4. Konerko 1B

5. Chavez 3B

6. Rowand CF

7. Dye RF

8. Pierzynski C

9. Uribe SS

BENCH:

Everett, Harris, Widger, Ozuna, Gload (Perez gets sent down or released)

World Series worthy?! :headbang

I know this trade is mostly all talk right now. But I couldn't help to think what our team would look like with full health and w/ the addition of Chavez.

STARTING LINEUP:

1. Pods LF

2. Gooch 2B

3. Thomas DH

4. Konerko 1B

5. Chavez 3B

6. Rowand CF

7. Dye RF

8. Pierzynski C

9. Uribe SS

BENCH:

Everett, Harris, Widger, Ozuna, Gload (Perez gets sent down or released)

World Series worthy?!  :headbang

I think Chavez would bat third...

LF Podsednik

2B Iguchi

3B Chavez

DH Thomas

1B Konerko

CF Rowand

RF Dye

C Pierzynski

SS Uribe

And yes, that would be a hell of a lineup.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
A BIG factor to consider is--have the Sox had their fill of Joe Crede? If they have--after working with him and finally convincing him to make some changes--then getting a long term fix for a key position [where the sox don't have a Plan B--Josh Fields is probably two yrs away at best] does serve this organization for the short and long term

And thats one of my main arguments. I dont want to come off like I think we are the yankees, or that I dont think BMAC is going to be good, you can ask anyone I know that I called his accent over a year ago. I just think that this fills so many of our needs. I think Fields is more than 2 years away, the guy can hit yet, and cant field yet. Also we need a left handed bat, someone who hits to all fields, a faster team, and another clubhouse guy. I feel that he fits these criteria for a successful trade. I may be very wrong, and this trade probably wont happen, but thats my overall opinion about this, and I know people will agree and disagree. Actually I will be at all the games this weekend and we can debate it over some beers if that makes it easier.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
I hope KW holds out to not include McCarthy.  I'm not sure if the deal can get done, otherwise, however.

Looking at the A's SP's in the minors, they'd want BMac. Besides Dan Meyer and his 6 + era in AAA, they have no one

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
On with Boers and Bernstien explained why he is struggling this year and explained his team's struggles. Says if the A's keep losing- Beane will likely trade him to a contender. He says that there is no way (with his large contract) that he will be there when they are doing a rebuilding process.

BTW--what did Chavez attribute his bad start to this yr? I haven't heard much about the original B+B interview

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
I think Chavez would bat third...

LF Podsednik

2B Iguchi

3B Chavez

DH Thomas

1B Konerko

CF Rowand

RF Dye

C Pierzynski

SS Uribe

And yes, that would be a hell of a lineup.

He'd probably bat 4th to break up the righties with Frank batting 3rd. Ahh, we've already put chavez in the lineup, premature but fun none the less.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
BTW--what did Chavez attribute his bad start to this yr? I haven't heard much about the original B+B interview

I will tell you what I heard from his interview this afternoon, his personality seem to be right in line with AJ and A-row etc. The guy has been put in a leadership role that he is not comfortable with, if he came here, I personally think he would blend in with the character of this team nicely :cheers

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:05 PM)
I will tell you what I heard from his interview this afternoon, his personality seem to be right in line with AJ and A-row etc.  The guy has been put in a leadership role that he is not comfortable with, if he came here, I personally think he would blend in with the character of this team nicely :cheers

I'm sure Kw would talk with Jermaine Dye and get a run down on Chavez.

I was just seeing if anyone knew what Chavez said was wrong with him.

QUOTE(Nokona @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Personally, BMac and Anderson are untouchable.  Beane can rape us of the rest of our system.  Crede/Fields, Sweeney, and Tracey/Gio?

Eh, I personally think Gio will be better than BMAC, but thats my opinion.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
I'm sure Kw would talk with Jermaine Dye and get a run down on Chavez.

I was just seeing if anyone knew what Chavez said was wrong with him.

He didnt say anything, he said that he will come around and that hes not worried, he sounded pretty calm about the whole thing. Its speculation around Oakland that he is just pushing so hard to make the team win that he is swinging at some bad pitches. he also has no protection in the lineup.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
He didnt say anything, he said that he will come around and that hes not worried, he sounded pretty calm about the whole thing.  Its speculation around Oakland that he is just pushing so hard to make the team win that he is swinging at some bad pitches.  he also has no protection in the lineup.

thanks

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
Eh, I personally think Gio will be better than BMAC, but thats my opinion.

He's got the potential to be, problem is he's a very small guy with a high risk of injury and he's not very close to the majors. I said right when we drafted the guy that I thought he'd be very special if he can stay healthy but that remains to be seen.

KW will have the upperhand if he takes all of Chavez contract which should NOT include Bmac. This doesn't matter but Selig would have to approve this trade right? Since any trade involving so much would.

Let's be reasonable here. You have to give up talent to get talent. Crede would just be a throw-in so the A's have a 3rd baseman to play. B-Mac would be the main target in the trade. We aren't going to get a guy like Chavez for Crede and some mediocre prospects.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
He didnt say anything, he said that he will come around and that hes not worried, he sounded pretty calm about the whole thing.  Its speculation around Oakland that he is just pushing so hard to make the team win that he is swinging at some bad pitches.  he also has no protection in the lineup.

Right! Similar to what Pods said he did with Milwaukee last season. He simply tried to do too much. After Pods went back to what he knows how to get on base and didn't try too hard to too other things he turned back into the player he was in his rookie season.

If Chavez is in a new atmosphere and realizes he wont need to do as much in this lineup as they expect him to due in Oakland- we will see a BIG increase in his average and his hitting.

Right! Similar to what Pods said he did with Milwaukee last season. He simply tried to do too much. After Pods went back to what he knows how to get on base and didn't try too hard to too other things he turned back into the player he was in his rookie season.

If Chavez is in a new atmosphere and realizes he wont need to do as much in this lineup as they expect him to due in Oakland- we will see a BIG increase in his average and his hitting.

I'm sure that Chavez batting near Frank in the lineup would help his numbers greatly.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
THIS TRADE IS NOT HAPPENING. IT IS A RUMOR. NOTHING MORE.

As of right now it's a rumor and your right so far it's nothing, however it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Kenny pulled off a deal for Chavez.