Possible Trade Between the Royals and Angels

JDsDirtySox

Scouts and other baseball people think the Angels might have recalled first baseman Casey Kotchman to showcase him for potential trades. The player the Angels are most interested in acquiring is the Kansas City Royals' Mike Sweeney, and the Royals could use Kotchman at first base for years at a bargain-basement price. I could really see this happening.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
Scouts and other baseball people think the Angels might have recalled first baseman Casey Kotchman to showcase him for potential trades. The player the Angels are most interested in acquiring is the Kansas City Royals' Mike Sweeney, and the Royals could use Kotchman at first base for years at a bargain-basement price. I could really see this happening.

That seems to make sense for both teams. The angels could definitely use another bat and a package surrounding Kotchman would make great sense for KC.

As could I.

This makes picture perfect sense for both parties.

EDIT: FWIW, Swenney is a California kid and I'm sure the Royals organization, an organization that cares for him like a son, would want him to be very comfortable with his new location. Well, that, and I think he has a no trade clause. :D

I expect this deal to be done as soon as possible.

Edited by AddisonStSox

Goddamn; a lineup with Erstad, Sweeney, Finley, Garret, and Vlad would be pretty friggin potent. Add in the table setters like Figgins and Cabrera, the power of McPherson, and the clutch hitting of Molina, and they got somethin.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
If they make this trade, Kenny better get a big bat in here soon too to counter. With the Angels pitching, BP and O (after this trade), they would be favorites to win it all (injuries notwithstanding)

As I put in another thread the Mike & Mike one... another move i would be concerned with is they were saying Roger Clemens said he would be willing to be traded to the Texas Rangers as well.... that would make them very tough.....

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
If they make this trade, Kenny better get a big bat in here soon too to counter. With the Angels pitching, BP and O (after this trade), they would be favorites to win it all (injuries notwithstanding)

The Angels starting rotation is still a little suspect. Other than that they would be awesome.

As I put in another thread the Mike & Mike one... another move i would be concerned with is they were saying Roger Clemens said he would be willing to be traded to the Texas Rangers as well.... that would make them very tough.....

Im sure the Astros would ask for either Tex or Hank, at least to start off the talks

Im sure the Astros would ask for either Tex or Hank, at least to start off the talks

If the Astros start off with that talk, the conversation will end quick. No way would I give up Tex or Hank for Roger Clemens. Those are two cornerstone players and are worth more than Clemens for a year.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
If the Astros start off with that talk, the conversation will end quick. No way would I give up Tex or Hank for Roger Clemens. Those are two cornerstone players and are worth more than Clemens for a year.

They have Texieria who's natural position is 3rd if Blalock is traded and supposedly a really great prospect at 1B.

Texas didn't play great D at 3B and 1B looks like the perfect position for him. Blalock is a slugging gold glove type 3B, neither are going anywhere anytime soon in my opinion. Soriano will look to be traded for a starter. I could see a Soriano, Adrian Gonzales, Drew Meyer for Roger Clemens trade working for both teams. Texas has been looking to get rid of Soriano's salary while receiving a starter, and the trade could net Houston 3 possible starters for the future and almost two guaranteed future starters(Soriano and Gonzales).

It'll cost them Ervin Santana