Dotel = HE GAWN

Seesox

Wow. Beane must be crying right now. That was one of his main bargaining chips at the trade deadline. I think that it's very likely that Eric Chavez will be dealt now.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Seesox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)
Pretty huge.. I hope that means Chavez will be in Black, White, and Silver in due time..

adios Crede and BMac

We're going to regret including McCarthy in any Chavez trade.....

Recall these days several years from now when Oakland fans are congratulating Williams for providing them with a stud pitcher. Meanwhile, Chavez continues to underperform his large contract.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

We're going to regret including McCarthy in any Chavez trade.....

Recall these days several years from now when Oakland fans are congratulating Williams for providing them with a stud pitcher. Meanwhile, Chavez continues to underperform his large contract.

Maybe, or McCarthy could be a worse version of Freddy Garcia who can't keep the ball in the park at the Cell.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
Maybe, or McCarthy could be a worse version of Freddy Garcia who can't keep the ball in the park at the Cell.

I'd reserve judgement of that until McCarthy pitches against a team not named the Texas Rangers. And he fills out his figure. Not much is guaranteed with McCarthy, but I doubt he remains a walking light pole. Talked with BHAM last week about McCarthy, and he said people have projected his velocity ranging from 94-96. He has the possibility of becoming a power pitcher with contro. Not worthy of trade bait in my mind.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
I'd reserve judgement of that until McCarthy pitches against a team not named the Texas Rangers. And he fills out his figure. Not much is guaranteed with McCarthy, but I doubt he remains a walking light pole. Talked with BHAM last week about McCarthy, and he said people have projected his velocity ranging from 94-96. He has the possibility of becoming a power pitcher with contro. Not worthy of trade bait in my mind.

He's what 21 or 22. He shouldn't have too much more "filling out." Remeber Jack McDowell? He still hasn't filled out.

:snr BTW, Stick Figure rocks

QUOTE(soxman352000 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Billy Beane has to be going nuts. That was one of his two bargaining chips. now the dealing of Chavez looks to be iminent.

Or he holds out longer to get what he can for the impotant chip. I agree with your idea though.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
He's what 21 or 22. He shouldn't have too much more "filling out." Remeber Jack McDowell? He still hasn't filled out.

:snr  BTW,  Stick Figure rocks

You don't believe it's possible he'll gain a significant amount of weight? Someone needs to hire a persona trainer to work with McCarthy over the winter months. Gain some definition, if nothing else.

Look at this picture, and wonder to yourself how the hell he picks up a baseball. :lol:

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
You don't believe it's possible he'll gain a significant amount of weight? Someone needs to hire a persona trainer to work with McCarthy over the winter months. Gain some definition, if nothing else.

I look at this picture, and wonder to yourself how the hell he picks up a baseball. :lol:

Sure it's possible to gain weight. But once you start getting in the 20's it's gets difficult to put on significant muscle weight. He will gain some I'm sure but it's by no means a given that he will.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE(ptatc @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Sure it's possible to gain weight. But once you start getting in the 20's it's gets difficult to put on significant muscle weight. He will gain some I'm sure but it's by no means a given that he will.

The Sox should hire Greg Anderson. He helped Barry gain significant muscle well past his 30th birthday. ;)