Cleveland Indians@Chicago Whitesox 6-3-05

kman

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Good point - maybe they need to get farther in and make him move his feet.  He looks way too comfortable up there.  I recall quite a few hits by that guy where he went the other way.

well he is certianly pitching inside and hitting people. Jim El Duque has no control tonight. Therefore he needs to throw stikes.

Guest JimH

As he promptly throws the DP grounder, two out.

How bad would this board be if Aaron Boone is the 3B of the white sox? Oh my God. We are talking quickman ultra anger then!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
This friggin guy.  Hernandez won't last through 5.

I am with you brother, El Duque gets a four run spot and we will end up choking on it. he is still not right. More HR's to come next inning.

Guest JimH
His location is just killing him right now.  It's the same thing that cost him against the Rangers.

Agree. Poor location.

Well, he got out of that inning ok. Frankly I did not expect his location to be crisp tonite, no pun intended.

Let's see what they're made of here. Win as a team, lose as a team.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
What location?

Exactly, I don't know how anyone could say his stuff looks good. His fastball is either hitting the batter or ends up being a meatball. I can't believe we gave him a 2 year deal. Hopefully our offense can continue to get cheap hits.

Guest JimH
OK, I have an idea.  Since our pitchers like to give runs right back after we score, let's not score at all until the bottom of the 9th!

Oh wait, we've kinda been doing that. :P

Email that in my brother.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Agree. Poor location.

Well, he got out of that inning ok.  Frankly I did not expect his location to be crisp tonite, no pun intended.

Let's see what they're made of here.  Win as a team, lose as a team.

I am tired of this democratic bulls***, Win as a team lose as a team. How about do your f***ing job and you get to keep your job, don't do it and your gone. Better motto for me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Exactly, I don't know how anyone could say his stuff looks good.  His fastball is either hitting the batter or ends up being a meatball.  I can't believe we gave him a 2 year deal.  Hopefully our offense can continue to get cheap hits.

Being a junkballer, you just have to pray he's on; because if he's not sharp, pitches fly all over the place.

I have nothing against junkballers, but you have GOT to have command of your pitches if you rely on throwing garbage, otherwise you're gonna get hit HARD.

Guest JimH
I am tired of this democratic bulls***, Win as a team lose as a team. How about do your f***ing job and you get to keep your job, don't do it and your gone. Better motto for me.

It takes 9 guys, that's why there are 9 guys out there. My comment was predicated on the fact it's now a tie game, almost like starting over. Unfortunate but true.

There's a motto for you, unfortunate but true.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)

Right on my cynical brethren!!!!!!!

Guest JimH

Now they have some kid doing the PA announcements. I wonder if the parents dipped into his college fund.

Sox go down fast in that inning. Momentum will decide this game.