The Colorodo series.

kman

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
We're playing in Coors, but we're not playing a destructive offense. We're playing the Colorado Rockies. If you get Clint Barmes and Todd Helton out, you're good.

How about you look at how they hit at home as a whole and then compare is to how they hit away as a whole.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
That's what I wish too. I don't mind playing the Cubs or Reds one bit. And I miss playing the Brewers just like old times. I can see why they wanted to go out of the region so that the Giants and Dogders could play the Yankees, and other games like that. But still I just prefere the Central vs. Central also.

I'd love to get back up to miller park to see the sox play there, that was a good time a few years back.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
We're playing in Coors, but we're not playing a destructive offense. We're playing the Colorado Rockies. If you get Clint Barmes and Todd Helton out, you're good.

When's the last time we played a team that sucked and we didn't let their one or two good hitters kill us?

The answer is never.

all this talk about the series and no pitching matchups.  Anyone???

Monday, June 6: Freddy Garcia, RHP (5-3, 3.53) vs. Joe Kennedy, LHP (3-5, 6.51)

Tuesday, June 7: Jose Contreras, RHP (2-2, 3.27) vs. Byung-Hyun Kim, RHP (0-4, 7.04)

Wednesday, June 8: Orlando Hernandez, RHP (6-1, 4.15) vs. To be announced

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
Monday, June 6:  Freddy Garcia, RHP (5-3, 3.53) vs. Joe Kennedy, LHP (3-5, 6.51)

Tuesday, June 7:  Jose Contreras, RHP (2-2, 3.27) vs. Byung-Hyun Kim, RHP (0-4, 7.04)

Wednesday, June 8:  Orlando Hernandez, RHP (6-1, 4.15) vs. To be announced

the Tribune has Duque going up against Jeff Francis.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
How about you look at how they hit at home as a whole and then compare is to how they hit away as a whole.

Coors has a pretty powerful effect for such crappy beer.

Rockies at home -

.324 BA, .507 SLG, .382 OBP (all 3 are best of any NL team at their home), 513 TB (the best), 174 RBI (the best by 37 over the next best, and despite that 5 other NL teams have more home games so far), 66 2Bs (2nd best), 10 3Bs (2nd best), 33 HRs (3rd best).

Rockies away -

.225 BA, .345 SLG, .283 OBP, 307 TBs, 78 RBI, 38 2Bs, 3 3Bs, 21 HRs (in 1 less game, not that it matters)

Rockies pitching @ Coors -

5.61 ERA (last in NL), 306 hits in 252 IP, 7 for 15 save opps, 34 HRs in 28 gms (which actually isn't as bad as one'd think), but 20 HBPs and 129 BBs (far and away worst in the NL, which I guess shows, that even when they aren't getting ripped, all the COL pitchers are still shatting their pants having to pitch in Coors)

Edited by gettysburg32