White Sox vs. Rockies 6/6 game thread

Dam8610

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
First, all of you people need to realize that Shingo is a very good pitcher, he just needs to pitch on a more consistant baises.  He has had 2 bad outings this year, other then that his ERA has been close to 2.50, which is great for a RP.  Everyone loved Shingo last year, and now that he started slow, everyone hates him.  He started s***ty last year as well, and finshed 2nd in the ROY voting.  So just lay off Shingo, because he is the least of the White Sox worries this year.

All of you people need to stop getting f***en hard over Baj.  He isnt that good.  He sucked last year when he came up, and he will suck balls again.  If he was really THAT good, dont you think they would have brought him up over Walker? The only reason that  you guys want him to be called up is because he posts on this f***en site.  Thats it.  WOW I post on this site, and throw 85+MPH, why doesnt everyone want me on the Sox.  You dont cuz I am not good enough, just like Baj isnt good enough. 

The Sox have better options to bring up if they need another arm in the pen.  These options include:

Felix Diaz:  He preformed great out of the pen in 04, sucked as a starter, but not out of the pen

Bobby Jenks:  This kid throws HEAT.  has good stuff.  They only draw-back is his attitude, but Ozzie will not take his attitude and will straighten him up.

Sean Tracy:  Impressed me in the Spring, and is doing good in the minors.

Josh Stewart, Dave Sanders, Corwin Malone, Ryan Meaux, Paulino Reynoso are also players that should get consideration to be called up if we think Baj should be called up.

Let's look at our RP options:

Hermanson

Politte

Marte

Cotts

Shingo

Vizcaino

Walker

Baj

Diaz

Jenks

Tracey

Stewart

Sanders

Malone

Meaux

Reynoso

Now let's remove the top 4 that aren't going anywhere, and the final two spots that are left. We'll also remove non-40-man roster players, as I can't see us removing someone from the 40-man for the last bullpen spot.

Shingo

Vizcaino

Walker

Baj

Diaz

Jenks

Tracey

Reynoso

You've now got 8 men vying for two spots. Forget Tracey. I don't know why he was under consideration in the first place. In fact, forget anyone in AA, including Jenks, because it's been discussed how Baj is a better option than Jenks, especially with all the BHam pitchers in a great pitcher's park versus the Knights in a bandbox.

Shingo

Vizcaino

Walker

Baj

Diaz

You can also take Viz off that list as he's been rounding into form.

Shingo

Walker

Baj

Diaz

Now, Walker had his chance, and he clearly blew it. Diaz is actually a viable option, but it looks like the Sox want him to still focus on starting.

Out of Shingo, Baj and Diaz, Baj should at least deserve a chance. ERA of 1.01, 14 H in 26.2 IP. Yes, I realize he has 15 walks, but his WHIP is just barely above one. His walk rate is below that of Shingo, plus Shingo is allowing 1 HR over every two innings. It's really really tough to justify anyone deserving that last bullpen spot, or at least a shot at it, over Baj.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
Your right I shouldnt put Baj in with Sanders and Stewart, because Baj's ERA is double then the other two in the majors.

Meaux doenst throw fast? WOW since when do you need to throw heat to be a good pitcher?  How fast does Buehrle pitch, or what about Maddux, or how about Shingo?

Diaz needs improvment, doesnt everyone?  if you read what I put, he had success in the pen last year, why not try it again.

Jenks has some issues, as I put in my other post, so I dont know what your tring to prove there.

I should shut the f*** up??? why is that, because I am right and you dont have anything to prove to me that he can pitch in the Majors???

No, you should shut the f*** up because you're clearly a blowhard pigeonholing Bajenaru as s*** after, I believe, 8 innings in the majors. If you had any brain activity going for you, you'd see that Bajenaru has held his minor league ERA for the past two seasons essentially under 2.00, an impressive feat for anyone. If it were up to you, Brendan Donnelly would have never succeeded because he sucked so f***ing much for a long time until he made some adjustments. Bajenaru is only a few years removed from Tommy John and is putting up better numbers than he did before the surgery, which is very common.

I'm surprised you even know about Meaux, but then again you probably just found out about him this year and think his ERA merits a promotion. Ignore the fact that he was shelled last year, and I can't really name that many LOOGYs who don't have the strikeout numbers and h/9 that Meaux has. If Meaux has a .287 OBA, could you imagine what it would be in the bigs? And once again, you're making absolutely moronic comparisons of Meaux to Buehrle and Maddux, both of whom can hit 90 if they tried. Meaux can barely hit the mid 80s, so once again you just come off as ignorant when you're throwing names around.

Diaz is coming off an injury and yet you're saying he merits more attention than Bajenaru? Real display of intellect there. Same with saying Sanders, who amassed a might fine 6 ERA last year and Stewart, a oft tossing lefty who doesn't have pinpoint control, over a power reliever when a good portion of the bullpen is prone to falter.

No, you should shut the f*** up because you're clearly a blowhard pigeonholing Bajenaru as s*** after, I believe, 8 innings in the majors. If you had any brain activity going for you, you'd see that Bajenaru has held his minor league ERA for the past two seasons essentially under 2.00, an impressive feat for anyone. If it were up to you, Brendan Donnelly would have never succeeded because he sucked so f***ing much for a long time until he made some adjustments. Bajenaru is only a few years removed from Tommy John and is putting up better numbers than he did before the surgery, which is very common.

I'm surprised you even know about Meaux, but then again you probably just found out about him this year and think his ERA merits a promotion. Ignore the fact that he was shelled last year, and I can't really name that many LOOGYs who don't have the strikeout numbers and h/9 that Meaux has. If Meaux has a .287 OBA, could you imagine what it would be in the bigs? And once again, you're making absolutely moronic comparisons of Meaux to Buehrle and Maddux, both of whom can hit 90 if they tried. Meaux can barely hit the mid 80s, so once again you just come off as ignorant when you're throwing names around.

Diaz is coming off an injury and yet you're saying he merits more attention than Bajenaru? Real display of intellect there. Same with saying Sanders, who amassed a might fine 6 ERA last year and Stewart, a oft tossing lefty who doesn't have pinpoint control, over a power reliever when a good portion of the bullpen is prone to falter.

DONT TELL ME TO SHUT THE f*** UP...WHO ARE YOU, YOUR A NO ONE....

f*** YOU ASS HOLE

Edited by Whitesoxfan56

That's mature. Lose an argument and act like a child.

I didnt lose an argument. It wasnt even an argument, and how did I lose it? He thinks Baj should be in the MLB while I think Shingo should be. It's a difference of opinions, thats it. And I am not the one acting like a child, he is the one who has told me a few times to "shut the f*** up", I wasnt the one who started acting like a little baby, it was him. Try reading the posts before you respond.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 05:37 PM)
I dont need a nap, I was just responding to him calling me out.

nice response. ignorance begets ignorance begets even more ignorance.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
Try reading the posts before you respond.

This is nice too. Explode on the board about everyone and their admiration of Bajenaru(All of you people need to stop getting f***en hard over Baj). , then fall back on the "Read about it before you respond" whine. I think he did read about it, and didnt appreciate your post about Bajenaru and he responded to it.

Back to your nap. :crying :sleep

This is nice too.  Explode on the board about everyone and their admiration of Bajenaru(All of you people need to stop getting f***en hard over Baj).  , then fall back on the "Read about it before you respond" whine. I think he did read about it, and didnt appreciate your post about Bajenaru and he responded to it. 

Back to your nap. :crying  :sleep

Responding by telling me that I lost an argument? It wasnt even an argument that why he needs to re-read the post....maybe you should as well :chair :chair :headshake :headshake

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
Responding by telling me that I lost an argument?  It wasnt even an argument that why he needs to re-read the post....maybe you should as well :chair  :chair  :headshake  :headshake

You're killing the game thread by prolonging this thing. Just let it go.

Sad news from the Rockies.... :pray :pray :pray

The Rockies announced that manager Clint Hurdle would not manage Monday night's game against the Chicago White Sox because his daughter, Madison Reilly Hurdle, just short of her third birthday, has returned to Denver Children's Hospital. Hurdle missed six games last month because Madison had suffered a series of seizures.

Beyond saying that Madison had returned to the hospital, Rockies vice president of communications/public relations Jay Alves said no additoinal information was available.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
Jesus, what hasnt happened to the Rockies in the last 4 hours? They lost their ROY candidate and their coach.

Clint Hurdle has already missed a couple games this season, with his daughter in the hospital. It sounds pretty serious, I hope she gets better. :pray

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Definitely hope she's ok. Coach Lowery at SIU goes through a similar thing and it must be brutal. Awkward seque but any chance the big man plays first tonight?

If he does we should all go to colorado and beat the living s*** out of ozzie.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Definitely hope she's ok. Coach Lowery at SIU goes through a similar thing and it must be brutal. Awkward seque but any chance the big man plays first tonight?

Another Saluki fan on the board? Fantastic!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
LINEUPS ARE IN:

Podsednik LF

Iguchi 2B

Rowand CF

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Uribe SS

Pierzinsiki C

Crede 3B

Garcia P

Yay...Nothing I can complain about!

Hey...you want to know something scary...guess which is higher...Freddie Garcia's career batting average, or Joe Crede's batting average this season.