I know the secret of no offense at Coors field

sox-r-us

Greg Walker is shaking his head after this game.

"We went into this game with a good gameplan" stated the confused Greg Walker. "I simulated the game on my xbox and the result was different, we hit home runs like crazy. Maybe this "light air" is an urban legend" said a dejected Walker. Doug Padilla suggested to take the game off of the rookie setting and stop hitting with the power button every time and it will give you a better simulation". On the good news front Greg stated that he finally has a way to communicate with Gooch. "I bought a japanese to english computer translator program. I have seen some worrysom things with his swing and now we almost have it tweaked. He needs to open his hips up a bit more so he can get around of the ball more to generate more power like Joe Crede. Joe is one of my best students and is a master at getting around on the 91mph fastball down the middle of the plate. AJ is another believer in Walk. Walk is great. I was a line drive spray hitter before I got here. Now I have realized my full potential. As Walk puts it, How can you hit the home run if you dont pull the damn baseball. My power numbers are up. Konerko and I are working on new stances that will generate super mega pull power. We will break them out for the twins series in August. When asked about the teams slumping BA and nearly getting shut out by the worst pitcher in the NL in the best hitting park in the NL, walk just shrugged his shoulders. BA means nothing, do you think guys like Rob Deer, Jose Valetin and Pedro Cerrano worry about BA. BA doesnt win ball games, homers do.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
LOL, you really seem to hate Walker. A bit too much if I might add.

I have hated him since he was promoted. Every hitter that came through his system had long looping swings and were dead pull hitters. I didnt think magically he was going to change when he went to the majors.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
Why doesn't Ozzie get it though? He wants to play small ball right?

Oh wait, he is the same guy who pinch hits Timo with Frank on the bench

Our strikezone recognition is getting worse if that is possible. This years team seems more likely to chase crap out of the zone only to watch fastballs down the cock float in for taken strikes. Uribe has nice tools and all but what a f***ing butcher at the plate. If it is near the plate, within like 15 feet he is swinging.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
I have hated him since he was promoted.  Every hitter that came through his system had long looping swings and were dead pull hitters.  I didnt think magically he was going to change when he went to the majors.

Apparently Greg walker is the only reason why Joe Crede is a pull hitter, and our averages are down. There is no other reason for it I guess. No other factors influence hitters, no other coaches and certainly not the players themselves. Walker tried his best to stop the break out season of A-row and his recent success at the plate. He tried desperately to stop such hitting streaks by CLEE, Kong, A-row, Gooch. Nothing makes Walker more frustrated that Dye's recent improvements at the plate including hitting the ball the other way and more plate discipline. Walker is trying extremely hard to get SPODS to see less pitches at the plate, and he is continuing his life long goal of bringing Frank Thomas's OBP to under .300.

:headshake

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
Apparently Greg walker is the only reason why Joe Crede is a pull hitter, and our averages are down.  There is no other reason for it I guess.  No other factors influence hitters, no other coaches and certainly not the players themselves.  Walker tried his best to stop the break out season of A-row and his recent success at the plate.  He tried desperately to stop such hitting streaks by CLEE, Kong, A-row, Gooch.  Nothing makes Walker more frustrated that Dye's recent improvements at the plate including hitting the ball the other way and more plate discipline.  Walker is trying extremely hard to get SPODS to see less pitches at the plate, and he is continuing his life long goal of bringing Frank Thomas's OBP to under .300.

You got it, he is the antichrist.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
Apparently Greg walker is the only reason why Joe Crede is a pull hitter, and our averages are down.  There is no other reason for it I guess.  No other factors influence hitters, no other coaches and certainly not the players themselves.  Walker tried his best to stop the break out season of A-row and his recent success at the plate.  He tried desperately to stop such hitting streaks by CLEE, Kong, A-row, Gooch.  Nothing makes Walker more frustrated that Dye's recent improvements at the plate including hitting the ball the other way and more plate discipline.  Walker is trying extremely hard to get SPODS to see less pitches at the plate, and he is continuing his life long goal of bringing Frank Thomas's OBP to under .300.

actually After Clee's hitting streak Walker went up to him and showed him how to add some more power to his swing... Arow, Kong, and Gooch I think dont use Walker too much. Rowand works out all season long and im certain he has a personal trainer that he works all that stuff out with, Konerko changes his swing by himself it seems every other game and i doubt Walker is involved with that and Gooch is using his same swing from Japan thank god.

Now Walker might of worked with SPod and if so he has done an awesome job but really the only guy we know that Walker has worked the most with is Crede and he has been one of our worse hitters along with Uribe....

Although a hitting coach can only do so much and really he prob has little to do with overall teams success.... I rather us hire 2 hitting coaches... Walker would be the power one and than get a guy that teaches the hitters to use all parts of the field and everything.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
You got it, he is the antichrist.

I'm sorry but this just had me busting up laughing... :bang

Anyhoo seriously though I have no opinion on Greg Walker. I don't know much about him. I just hope that the offense as a whole picks it up soon...