6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
Some type of smartball we saw there:

- Harris can't get down a bunt

- Our 3rd base coach sends a runner home when he's not even at the base and the RF, with a great arm, has the ball (thankfully he was barely safe)

- A veteran player tries to go to 3rd on a routine grounder to the 3rd baseman.

That's pure White Sox baseball. Next year's slogan "Hey, at least were trying."

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
my inning recap:

that was a terrible call by cora to send scott there.  I thought he was gonna be out by 15 feet.

Diaz made the right call on everett, he was on the grass.  Why was carl running anyways?

It's a question of being aggressive on the basepaths. (Not Everett's play. That was just dumb.) It's hard to say whether the baserunning has helped or hurt the Sox overall. Personally, I like the aggressive attitude, but there are some kinks that need to be worked out.

We've got a backup first baseman.  Ross Gload is stuck in the minors and the team is lying their ass off about his injury situation so they can keep Timo of all people in the bigs.

What a bunch of horses***.

Total bulls***.

Do you have access to medical reports? I was in Tucson in March and talked to a couple of the guys on the team, his shoulder was killing him. They would love to have him on the team, Ozzie loves him. He has a bad shoulder, period.

My God, the conspiracy theories on this board are nuts.

We're the worst f***ing bunting team.  After a while, we just need to let our guys swing away and stop playing for one run, and try to get a big inning.

Or maybe get a guy who can bunt when the situation warrants?

QUOTE(kman @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
that is cool, i would attack him too.

Its cool to attack a guy doing his job, and making the right call? Maybe i think differently then a few people, but would you want to give the Sox a bad name by being a jackass and attacking an ump?

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:28 PM)
Its cool to attack a guy doing his job, and making the right call? Maybe i think differently then a few people, but would you want to give the Sox a bad name by being a jackass and attacking an ump?

im just jokin i think the guy was just kidding around.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
Total bulls***.

Do you have access to medical reports?  I was in Tucson in March and talked to a couple of the guys on the team, his shoulder was killing him.  They would love to have him on the team, Ozzie loves him.  He has a bad shoulder, period.

My God, the conspiracy theories on this board are nuts.

I find it really funny that he's all set to come back, then we start hearing about how there's no spot for him on the roster then he convieniently has a relapse injury.