6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
That's dissappointing.  This team needs a big bat, because really, this lineup isn't that great.  I really hope they make a pitch for Hillenbrand -- he's not really a big bat, but he'll do a better job than Crede or Konerko have been doing.

There's rumors Hillenbrand is headed back to Boston.

If you are going to put Timo in the game, you have to play Iguchi at 2B. Why can't he stagger these guys starts during the week if rest is so needed? I'm actually shocked Widger didn't get the start today. Iguchi gets into the game anyway, what was the benefit of sitting him?

Wait a second here.

Widger? This guy is a pretty tough RHP as we just saw, I would definitely want AJP behind the plate for the Sox, no doubt in my mind that was the right call.

I don't see what Timo and Harris have to do with one another. If you're looking at Timo and Harris being significantly less bats than Rowand and Iguchi, that's fair enough. But both Rowand and Iguchi had bad days at the plate yesterday and IMO could use a break vs. a tough righthander. Stats may not show it but this guy Lawrence has nasty stuff so I can see why he wanted as many LH bats in there as possible.

Again, Timo vs. Rowand, yeah I can see b****ing about that but not sure what the problem is with the rest of the lineup.

That's dissappointing.  This team needs a big bat, because really, this lineup isn't that great.  I really hope they make a pitch for Hillenbrand -- he's not really a big bat, but he'll do a better job than Crede or Konerko have been doing.

Diamondbacks are in the hunt Keith. They are buyers, not sellers. In general we have to look at the teams who'd want prospects.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:20 PM)
Diamondbacks are in the hunt Keith.  They are buyers, not sellers.  In general we have to look at the teams who'd want prospects.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but Hilly's on the Jays...

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
Wait a second here.

Widger?  This guy is a pretty tough RHP as we just saw, I would definitely want AJP behind the plate for the Sox, no doubt in my mind that was the right call.

I don't see what Timo and Harris have to do with one another.  If you're looking at Timo and Harris being significantly less bats than Rowand and Iguchi, that's fair enough.  But both Rowand and Iguchi had bad days at the plate yesterday and IMO could use a break vs. a tough righthander.  Stats may not show it but this guy Lawrence has nasty stuff so I can see why he wanted as many LH bats in there as possible.

Again, Timo vs. Rowand, yeah I can see b****ing about that but not sure what the problem is with the rest of the lineup.

2 bench players. I actually was quite happy when AJ was in the line-up. I don't consider Everett a bench player, just his glove. My feeling is that with Everett's shaky at best defense, Rowand has to be in CF. The outfield defense is about as bad as Ozzie could put out there today. The lefty/righty matchups mean nothing to me. If Iguchi and Rowand can't hit a guy like Lawrence this team isn't going anywhere anyway. Harris looked pathetic at the plate today. I think the line-up choices is the biggest reason for this team's record on Sundays. Nothing else adds up. They have an outstanding day game record, and their overall obviously is the best in baseball. Let me continue to complain and they will take the lead.

Edited by Dick Allen