6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it really funny that he's all set to come back,  then we start hearing about how there's no spot for him on the roster then he convieniently has a relapse injury.

Well ... you're wrong on your conspiracy theory. The Charlotte radio guys were talking about it and they had Ross on himself and he said he hurt it making a throw and needs to shut things down for two weeks.

You do know that when people like yourself start with these conspiracy theories, some of the more impressionable younger posters will take it as gospel, yes?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
I find it really funny that he's all set to come back,  then we start hearing about how there's no spot for him on the roster then he convieniently has a relapse injury.

Yes, but this is the definition of a conspiracy theory. There's no reason to believe the Sox would lie about an injury. Of course there wasn't an open roster spot. Would you expect the Sox to field 24 players? Claiming the Sox "manufactured" Gload's injury just to keep Timo Perez on the roster is beyond a conspiracy theory; it's a ridiculous notion.

Tought to tell if AJ tipped that pitch but one thing for sure, the White Sox have not gotten any of the close calls in this series. Not saying all the calls were wrong, just that the Sox haven't gotten them, strictly an observation.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Well ... you're wrong on your conspiracy theory.  The Charlotte radio guys were talking about it and they had Ross on himself and he said he hurt it making a throw and needs to shut things down for two weeks.

You do know that when people like yourself start with these conspiracy theories, some of the more impressionable younger posters will take it as gospel, yes?

Like I said, without hearing anything else about the issue that semed highly suspicious to me. Thanks for clearing that up.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
Tought to tell if AJ tipped that pitch but one thing for sure, the White Sox have not gotten any of the close calls in this series.  Not saying all the calls were wrong, just that the Sox haven't gotten them, strictly an observation.

We rarely seem to get the benefit of the calls at home plate.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
Tought to tell if AJ tipped that pitch but one thing for sure, the White Sox have not gotten any of the close calls in this series.  Not saying all the calls were wrong, just that the Sox haven't gotten them, strictly an observation.

I'm stuck with radio only today but it seemed like he got his break on a close pitch the pitch before.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)

Yes, it's part of the game that hopefully evens out over the course of a season. Outside of playing in Oakland, I think it does.