6/12 Game Thread - Garcia vs Lawrence

aboz56

that call on frank was huge... ugh 2 more shots

I'm more pissed about that call than any of the other close ones in the series, because I think the umps got most of them right.

The home plate umpire had his head up his ass there, that pitch was well outside.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And Harris is out of the game on a double switch.

Sox need a better multipurpose bench, they need a guy who can play 1B, 2B, 3B and maybe even a little OF. Paging Mackowiak or someone similar. quickman and I were discussing this, we agreed that there is not a problem to overpay a little bit.

If the White Sox lose, they will fall to 3-7 on Sunday's. Perhaps Ozzie will rethink his tactics.

He rested Rowand and put Timo in there, that's about the only objection I have. Do you have others?

I don't mind Everett in there for Dye, we need to make sure Everett plays and SD had a tough RH going. If you are going to have Harris on the team, this was the day for him to play.

just say no to Mack... seriously... look at the splits!  for the rest of the season he'll just be on the decline.

The Pittsburgh people say he has really found his swing this year, something has clicked. Who knows. Personally I think he's a good fit.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)

Sox need a better multipurpose bench, they need a guy who can play 1B, 2B, 3B and maybe even a little OF.  Paging Mackowiak or someone similar.  quickman and I were discussing this, we agreed that there is not a problem to overpay a little bit.

The Sox are in desperate need of a great hitter, not another average hitter to add to their collection of average hitters.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
He rested Rowand and put Timo in there, that's about the only objection I have.  Do you have others?

I don't mind Everett in there for Dye, we need to make sure Everett plays and SD had a tough RH going.  If you are going to have Harris on the team, this was the day for him to play.

I don't really have a problem with the lineup, either. Like you said, Timo in LF, but I certainly don't mind Harris/Everett starting today...

BTW, a slumping Harris still has a league-average OBP -- it'll be right around .340 after the day. That said, he's had a really poor day at the plate today, and the past couple times he's started.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
The Pittsburgh people say he has really found his swing this year, something has clicked.  Who knows.  Personally I think he's a good fit.

after hitting EDIT: .345 in the first 3rd of the season last year im sure they were saying the same thing... im wary

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
There was a game when Hernandez got slapped around really bad that we had no chance in either.

Which game, that Rangers game before he went on the DL? We were up 4-1 in that game, and had tied it up in the 8th on Iguchi's homer.

The Sox are in desperate need of a great hitter, not another average hitter to add to their collection of average hitters.

They need a better bench and a guy who can play multiple positions. They said they will not be bringing in a superstar, not sure why we would think otherwise considering it's been said by KW and Guillen repeatedly.

I am living in the reality here, meaning what I think is realistic. Of course I would love to add a star bat, but I won't bother speculating due to what the GM and manager have said.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
He rested Rowand and put Timo in there, that's about the only objection I have.  Do you have others?

I don't mind Everett in there for Dye, we need to make sure Everett plays and SD had a tough RH going.  If you are going to have Harris on the team, this was the day for him to play.

If you are going to put Timo in the game, you have to play Iguchi at 2B. Why can't he stagger these guys starts during the week if rest is so needed? I'm actually shocked Widger didn't get the start today. Iguchi gets into the game anyway, what was the benefit of sitting him?

after hitting EDIT: .345 in the first 3rd of the season last year im sure they were saying the same thing...  im wary

I hear you but based on what will likely be out there and the fact he can spell some key players, he is a good fit IMO. And he is a gritty player.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
I hear you but based on what will likely be out there and the fact he can spell some key players, he is a good fit IMO.  And he is a gritty player.

Yeah imagine us having Mack. Then Ozzies stupid Sunday lineups wouldn't look so bad!

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)

Sox need a better multipurpose bench, they need a guy who can play 1B, 2B, 3B and maybe even a little OF.  Paging Mackowiak or someone similar.  quickman and I were discussing this, we agreed that there is not a problem to overpay a little bit.

I totally agree. The problem with our current roster is we have two back-up infielders in Ozuna and Harris, and niether of them can play 1B. Also, as Jabroni said, I'm beginning to think Harris should be sent down. Ozzie doesn't like to pr with Harris anyways, so what's the point of having him on the team? Ozuna can play 2nd base if we need him to, and adding a back-up 1b would help our team immediately.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
They need a better bench and a guy who can play multiple positions.  They said they will not be bringing in a superstar, not sure why we would think otherwise considering it's been said by KW and Guillen repeatedly.

I am living in the reality here, meaning what I think is realistic.  Of course I would love to add a star bat, but I won't bother speculating due to what the GM and manager have said.

That's dissappointing. This team needs a big bat, because really, this lineup isn't that great. I really hope they make a pitch for Hillenbrand -- he's not really a big bat, but he'll do a better job than Crede or Konerko have been doing.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
I hear you but based on what will likely be out there and the fact he can spell some key players, he is a good fit IMO.  And he is a gritty player.

true. i mean i'd definitely rather have Mack over Timo or whatever - i mean i'd rather have a bag of baseballs play first than timo... the other fielders could just aim for the bag and have a better chance of making those plays - but yeah im just not sold yet, but i'd be ok with being wrong too!