6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping Dye is healthy enough to play RF, and we don't see Timo out there.

I think this would be a wonderful game to start working on the "Manufacturing runs" that this team was doing back in April & early May when we were on fire...get a guy on base, run him or bunt him over, and then make use of the sacrifice fly.

We haven't done that nearly enough lately for my taste. I love it when Ozzie puts the pressure on the infield defense of the other team to defend a bunt or a hit & run, because most teams aren't good enough on defense to avoid making a lot of mistakes.

QUOTE(thomsonmi @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
I believe Ozzie said that Frank would be back in the lineup tonight.  He came out of the game with a leg cramp.  I don't think there's any real injury here.

Ozzie was joking around during the press conference. Frank will be held out of the lineup tonight. They're gonna be careful with him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
Ozzie was joking around during the press conference. Frank will be held out of the lineup tonight. They're gonna be careful with him.

:huh He was joking around about injuries?

I'm really worried about Duque, good thing I won't see the first two hours of the game tonight.

Come on boys! Drink up :cheers , enjoy the game. If the White Sox have shown us one thing this year, it's their ability to bounce back!

The Sox did have trouble with Estes, but look at what Sergio Metrie did last week for those guys across town... every now and then somone pitches out of their ass.

Now, I'm more concerned about Frank's inability to play back-to-back games, because we need him in there.

:gosox2:

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Just heard the lineup on Mac, Jurko, and Harry

Pod

Iguchi

Rowand

Konerko

Everett

Dye

Pierzynski

Crede

Uribe

pretty good lineup... Frank is hurt

Frank is not hurt, he has a cramp in his left leg. Do not listen to Harry's dumb ass. The Sox are holding him out of the lineup today as a precautionary measure.

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Looks like a good line up to me, but I repeat my concern with El Duque and A.J. :wub: . Those two just don't seem to click.

:gosox1:

I believe it is El Duque that doesn't click. If he is leaving balls up in the zone, we are in trouble.

However, I think we're getting a little carried away with the 'zona talk. The Diamondbacks are not amazing, just had a hot night last night. Vazquez is not untouchable, and I think the Sox will be fine.

Besides, we tagged Vazquez for 8 runs in Spring Training over 3 innings, I believe. If that gives any of you a glimmer of hope.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
PS I believe the Rowand lead-off experiment is officially over.  When Scotty Pods is not in the lineup, I'm all for leading off with Pablo.

Agreed, but it seemed like a good idea with last night's lineup. I wonder how Iguchi would do when Pods and Ozuna aren't playing.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
PS I believe the Rowand lead-off experiment is officially over.  When Scotty Pods is not in the lineup, I'm all for leading off with Pablo.

I wouldn't say that just yet. Ozzie isn't just going to rule off Arow in the leadoff spot because he goes 0-4 in one game. Last year Rowand played 43 games in the leadoff spot, he had 163 ABs and he hit .319/.369/.607 thats a .976 OPS. He hit 11 of his 27 HRs in the leadoff spot along with 12 2Bs, 31 runs and 32 RBIs.

Rowand may have gone 0-4 yesterday in the 1 spot but last year he was extremely effective. Pods is by far the superior leadoff hitter but when Pods is out of the lineup don't be surprised if you see Rowand leading off.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
I think he said he was going to play Frank to get people out to the park.

The joke sounded like an afterthought. Ozzie was asked if he'd play Frank, and Ozzie said, "Yes, I'm going to play him tomorrow." Then he paused and said, "So if you want to see him, you have to come to the ballpark." He was mocking a previous question on attendance.

I think Ozzie was just deflecting the question, and I don't blame him. It's possible he didn't know at that point whether Frank would play, but even if he did, he doesn't want to give the media any reason to blow things out of proportion.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
The joke sounded like an afterthought. Ozzie was asked if he'd play Frank, and Ozzie said, "Yes, I'm going to play him tomorrow." Then he paused and said, "So if you want to see him, you have to come to the ballpark." He was mocking a previous question on attendance.

I think Ozzie was just deflecting the question, and I don't blame him. It's possible he didn't know at that point whether Frank would play, but even if he did, he doesn't want to give the media any reason to blow things out of proportion.

Franklin will be available to pinch hit. :finger

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)

Ozzie says he always gives the player one extra day to rest, after the player has said they're ready.